Observer of dreams

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

How is that an atheist can have a dialog with one who believes in a diety? Rational conversation is possible, yet are we willing? If we are not willing then why is this so? One answer is that our opinions may contradict from time to time. It doesn't mean they are wrong, but a solid footing isn't required for discussion unless you fear being attacked.

When a believer or an atheist asks a question in these forums to the opposite it automatically strikes chord within that persons being. If either party truly wants to learn from the other I have the answer. use reasoning that is not relative.

Relative reasoning is completly flawed and invalid. If your questioning something objectively your questions will lead to more questions, and eventually an answer, but if you get the answer from the past and ask the question you will not accept the answer as easily if your expectations are already etched in. It's like the difference between drawing on a fresh peace of paper vs 1 that already has pen writing all over it.

Do not look at what or who when asking questions, always ask how.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

How is that an atheist can have a dialog with one who believes in a diety? Rational conversation is possible, yet are we willing? If we are not willing then why is this so? One answer is that our opinions may contradict from time to time. It doesn't mean they are wrong, but a solid footing isn't required for discussion unless you fear being attacked.

When a believer or an atheist asks a question in these forums to the opposite it automatically strikes chord within that persons being. If either party truly wants to learn from the other I have the answer. use reasoning that is not relative.

Relative reasoning is completly flawed and invalid. If your questioning something objectively your questions will lead to more questions, and eventually an answer, but if you get the answer from the past and ask the question you will not accept the answer as easily if your expectations are already etched in. It's like the difference between drawing on a fresh peace of paper vs 1 that already has pen writing all over it.

Cajunboy:::::It has nothing to do with "fear" my friend! It has to do with discovering that our (a Christian's) life was meaningless and unsuccessful until we heard, believed and lived the word of God. Do you think we haven't questioned as you (atheist's) do/did? Probably all of us did at one time or another! That's how most of us got to this point in our lives of knowing that God/Jesus exist in our lives. He only doesnt' exist in your because you refuse to acknowledge HIM. That's not to say that in time you won't ever get to know HIM!

I have to wonder if it is YOU who "fears" God! Simply because you and most other non-believers haven't given HIM a chance to work in your lives. And because you think Christians have to give up some great WANT or DESIRE in their lives. What you refuse to see is ALL THAT WE HAVE GAINED! And a great deal of it is here and now! I will continue praying for each of you that you would gain the courage to "TRY GOD." And please don't take this as "anger." It's more like.."Disbelief."

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Cajunboy:::::It has nothing to do with "fear" my friend! It has to do with discovering that our (a Christian's) life was meaningless and unsuccessful until we heard, believed and lived the word of God. Do you think we haven't questioned as you (atheist's) do/did? Probably all of us did at one time or another! That's how most of us got to this point in our lives of knowing that God/Jesus exist in our lives. He only doesnt' exist in your because you refuse to acknowledge HIM. That's not to say that in time you won't ever get to know HIM!

I have to wonder if it is YOU who "fears" God! Simply because you and most other non-believers haven't given HIM a chance to work in your lives. And because you think Christians have to give up some great WANT or DESIRE in their lives. What you refuse to see is ALL THAT WE HAVE GAINED! And a great deal of it is here and now! I will continue praying for each of you that you would gain the courage to "TRY GOD." And please don't take this as "anger." It's more like.."Disbelief."

Exactly, Christians expect you to only listen and get offended when you don't. It's their self-given right.

When you have the truth already, why listen to anything else? That's why they don't. :) It's very easy....

It's the same both ways, I've seen many come to worthy, and talked to many atheists, who will not listen, They just want you to listen to how they view our faith. I try to listen to others, and I try to research others answers. Does that mena I'm going to change my own ever? No, I can still listen and not change how I feel, I know Jesus, and I wouldnt be alive right now without him.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  482
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/02/1991

Exactly, Christians expect you to only listen and get offended when you don't. It's their self-given right.

When you have the truth already, why listen to anything else? That's why they don't. :) It's very easy....

It's the same both ways, I've seen many come to worthy, and talked to many atheists, who will not listen, They just want you to listen to how they view our faith. I try to listen to others, and I try to research others answers. Does that mena I'm going to change my own ever? No, I can still listen and not change how I feel, I know Jesus, and I wouldnt be alive right now without him.

I always try to prove my faith wrong. Its a great way to make it stronger

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  540
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  08/07/1987

Agreement is not hard?

I disagree. . .

Well do you want to argue about it???

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Agreement is not hard?

I disagree. . .

Well do you want to argue about it???

Nope :thumbsup:

Agreement isnt hard? I think you can gently have a debate over various issues your in disagreement about and still respect each other, but how can you agree if you disagree? :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  314
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Quit assuming that I am an atheist because of the questions I pose. I don't believe in the questions but I am offering them as subject matter for discussion. I am interested in everyones views on different ideas.

Guest Biblicist
I noticed that there's a lot of disagreement and even more attacks against other people's opinions lately. I'm not pointing fingers or anything (there is a log in my eye afterall), but it's sad to see that brothers and sisters in Christ are at each others throats all the time in the chatrooms as well as the forums.

Let's try and change that by BUILDING each other up instead of trying to see how hard a person can be broken down!

Not arguing here..... just a thought!

I love you all!!!!

:24:

Opinions are like armpits, everyone has them and they usually stink. :thumbsup:

I agree, it's not furthering the kingdom of God to attack opinions.