artsylady

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

And be baptised. How would you know if a person is possessed? I always think of a person possessed like the exorcist, but it sounds like they can have normal lives too. Do they have mood swings? What do you look see or notice? Can they also be loving and peaceful at times? I know someone close to me that i'm wondering about.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not think it is your place to decide who has a demon. What if you are wrong? The cost would be more damging than if the person was demon possesed.

Don't put any faith in the excorcist, just as you would not put any faith in popular opinion. What I consider to be an authority on demons in modern day ministry is the book "Come holy Spirit" by David Pytches. Your church will probably have a copy but if not I sugest you borrow or buy one and look this up in there.

You can never be certain if someone is possesed or not but your first clue should be that they tell you. Jesus never went up to someone and cast out their demon. They always came to Him or someone on their behalf. The only exception I can think of is legion (Mark 4 I think) but I am sure there was a good reason like he was actually dangerous.

If the person you are thinking of IS demon possesed then pray for them. If it turns out that they are not then you should pray for them. Does it matter if you know which it is? I would say let someone with more experience worry about the demon.

About the baptism I don't know. If the person relly meant the vows they take at a baptism then my instinct tells me the demon would have to leave the person but to be hinest I don't know.

Artsy lady, it is your place to find if this person has a demon. God gave us control over the demons if the person wants the demon to leave. I was demon possessed. I had a demon cast out of me and I have cast demons out of others after that. I was never peaceful. I laughed and talked but it sure was not about what Christians laugh and talk about. I wondered if I had a demon. I had been in all kinds of occult things and had opened the door for them to come in. When the demon was cast out of me, Gary and I both accepted the Lord. Maybe Gary can tell you more about that than I can. He was watching as this went on.

Some demons can only come out by prayer and Jesus name, others can come out by Jesus name alone.

Guest shadow2b
-Can they also be loving and peaceful at times? I know someone close to me that i'm wondering about.

-ArtsyLady--maam--#1--talk to someone that "knows"what the dickens they are talking about......

-AS in a spirit-filled pastor--brother or Sister in the LORD that has had "dealings"with demon

-possessed people....#2--DONOT "listen"to KNOW-NOTHING-folks that"think"they "know"something

-about demonic possession,but all they have ever done is"read"about them!!!!I am VERY serious

-about this point....I have "seen" heard & witnessed a demon being cast out of MY wife..up close &

-personal...That is something nobody will ever forget..Casting out demons is very serious & should

-be treated as such unless you want to cause more trouble than you can get out of......Have you

-read about the {7 sons of sceva}Acts.19.vss.13.thru.20---- that were trying to cast out demons{in

the name of JESUS that Paul preaches??}I also"witnessed"another event where a Lady was

-demon possessed & a SPIRIT Filled Pastor{same-one that cast the demon out of my wife}failed to

-cast this one out, but since her husband was there & saw & heard this demon manifest thru his

-wife,was later "saved"because of the things he"witnessed" that night.....The lady later was in a

-nursing home dying of cancer & called & asked if i would give the eulogy at her funeral,which i did..

- this young lady was younger than i was & we went to school together, she died in her early

-thirties & told us she had made her peace with the LORD & we fully expect to see her again when

-the LORD returns......Point being----Talk to someone that "knows"what they are talking about....

-GOD-BLESS-----------------Gary------

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,791
  • Content Per Day:  0.37
  • Birthday:  06/13/1977

Yes a possessed person can be saved. I was saved before I was set free.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,248
  • Content Per Day:  0.88

for those that want to know a little bit more about this, you might wish to pick up the book " Beyond the Cross and the Switchblade " by Nicky Cruise....

there are many books/stories/testimonials that a person can find to read about.....

there are many people that, yes even in this day and age, are or have been controled and possessed by demons.....

as was said, this is not something that a person messes with lightly, this is a very serious area of warfare.....

many denomination do not put much into demon possession, to the point of disbelief..... they do not feel it really exist...... there are some that feel that it is nothing but a hoax.......

there are others thou, that carry it too far, and could cause more damage then good, could be delving into the spirit world deeper then they should be.

mike