• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  532
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/25/1972

That is a very important point, Andrew. Let's all keep that in mind.

Benny can be changed and illuminated to real spiritual truth. If we pray for him, we'll do well. If we expose his false teaching in a right spirit and manner, testing his teachings in accordance to the Word, we'll do well too. We do no good to rip the man apart and call him names, etc.

There are no appointed hangmen in the Kingdom last time I checked.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest LCPGUY
Kill the doctrine, not the person!

Andrew, you are very wise for one your age.

But...

You cannot attack the doctrine without exposing the one who dispenses it.

Love is good!!!

But let's get out of this false "mushy mushy" feeling.

Benny Hin is a jerk! He needs to be exposed as such. He is a messenger of Satan.

Please don't confuse love with TRUTH!

John

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Benny Hin is a jerk! He needs to be exposed as such. He is a messenger of Satan.

Brother John,

Would Jesus have called him a jerk? I don't dare act like I don't feel the same in the flesh, but is that what Jesus would say? He woud, I think, say he is a messenger of Satan!

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

You are right Ronald!

I should not have called him a JERK. Maybe just a son of satan! :D

John

I know-I get so mad at these guys fleecing people and I feel like calling them jerks too! He's playing with fire when he's playing with God!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

I would ask all you who are condemning Hinn. Have you asked him about the things you have found wrong in his preaching etc.? Then again I would ask you. Do you watch secular TV? And finally would you rather see people watch TBN or one of the worldly channels. If a Christian will spend the bulk of His time in The Bible depending only on The Holy Spirit for interpretation, and will submit to the will of The Holy Spirit all the time, regardless of what you are doing He will reveal to you that wich is righteous, and that which is not. It's like we were taught about eating trout, eat the meat, and spit out the bones. There are a lot of good shows on TBN, and there are those that have errors, just like in most of our churches, and ministries. We do not live in a pure envirenment, and God didn't call us out of the world, he calls us to take the world out of us and all our works. When we do it properly then will our light shine forth. All judgment must start with us.

So then a little leaven does not spoil the whole lump?

If TBN proports to be a serious Christian organization, and yet knowingly employs false prophets like Benny Hinn, then shouldn't they get rid of him? Or perhaps the problem is that they do not beleive Hinn is a false prophet and they are likewise deceived? If they are deceived, then shouldn't we call into question the other so-called prophets that TBN employs?

Back in the early 90's there was an organization in So. Cal. of ex bikers, thugs, felons, etc. that formed a Christian ministry by the name of "Set Free." Their church locality was in Riverside, CA. They were regularly featured on TBN. I even worked with guys from Set Free during telethons. Many of them were dear lovers of Jesus. However, it wasn't too long that their leader strated preaching heresy. Now, if they even exist anymore, Set Free is a full-blown cult.

Right at the point that set free started to preach heresy, and engage in some pretty bizarre behavior, TBN gave them the boot. They stopped airing Set Free programs and would no longer employ Set Free members for telethons, etc. However, folks like Hinn regularly preach heresy (ie. Each Person of the Trinity is His own Trinity, etc.), and TBN does absolutely nothing. Paul Crouch wouldn't dare to rebuke or correct Hinn over the air, much less in private.

There may be some very good programs on TBN. Some of the folks who broadcast on TBN probably are very much on the mark. However, they are most likely caught up in some of the fanfare and profit of worldwide television. I won't speak to that, since I don't know any of these people personally; it's just an opinion. Nevertheless, a little leaven does spoil the whole lump. The fact that TBN regularly airs false prophets (Even they are given the best and longest time slots) speaks volumes about the ministry as a whole. It is sad that some genuine teachers are even connected with TBN.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

The simple truth is that while we may not appreciate their style or their methods, people like Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copland and Jan Crouch have reached a whole lot more people with the Gosple than we ourselves ever will.

Do you live in the real world? Do you ever have conversations with non-believers??

People like Benny Hinn, Jan Crouch, Tammy Baker and the lot are turning more people OFF of Christianity than on to it. The only people they're 'reaching' are the gullible Christians. The ones who are interested in becoming rich. The ones who are interested in their own will - not God's. Same Christians that go out an try to become rich on Amway.

The world is laughing at these people and laughing at Christianity because of them. If you are talking to any non-Christian, you'd do best to distance yourself from the television evangelists like them. Only then will you gain any credibility with a non-believer.

If you think they are trying to deceive you and others - pray for that person, don't talk about then on a board in a slandorous manner.

Slander is telling something that is not true. This is not slander. This is about exposing TRUTH.

How he mixes Christianity with hinduism and gets away with it I will never know.

Because there are Christians who are naive who love to hear his prosperity gospel and don't bother to check and see that the scriptures he does quote are in context.

It is exactly that - hinduism in disguise.

And I don't think 'jerk' is too harsh a word for Benny Hinn. I can think of worse.

Was David Koresh a 'jerk'? Was Jim Jones a 'jerk'? I think so.

Thank God these two creeps didn't have a budget for TBN and an attractive prosperity gospel.