Benny Hinn

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I'm new here. Figured I'd just jump right in with a topic not many christians want to talk about or confront. There seems to be an explosion of false prophets and teachers IN the church and on t.v..

I am deeply concerned with christians who are not discerning. Who follow every wind of doctrine. Who see evidence of one being false and still refuse to keep away from that person.

Well, I wanted to know what you all think about a lot of television evangelists shown on TBN. Benny Hinn and kenneth Copeland are the ones who bother my spirit the most. Benny has claimed that Jesus will start showing up in the flesh at his meetings and people will be able to see him on tape. Both of these men claim that we are all "little God's", "little messiah's". Both have prophecied falsely over and over again. My question is why do so many christains refuse to see when someone is so obviously false. Is it because many want an emotional experience so bad that they will deny the very God they claim to live for? So many people are "praising" and following these men and putting them above the Lord and His Word. What's amazing is that these men are just confirming the end time prophecies told in the bible about false prophets and teachers and when shown scripture comparing these men with the Words in the bible many people become so angry and say either that "You are not spiritual enough so you don't understand what we know" or "How dare you blaspheme a man of God?" Many of these Word-Faith preachers seem to be forming cults and are turning away from the Word of God and choosing to replace it with a supernatural experience. How are people so blind??!!

I'd love to see your comments on this topic. God Bless.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

I was thinking this afternoon to post a post about Benny Hinn,but I didn't want to offend anybody and that's why I choose not to post it.

Lucky you, you have a dishwasher lol!!

Angels

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

i feel they get seduced because they don't obey 2Tim 2:15. Knowing the Word will keep you on target.

Hi angels, I too do not want to offend anyone, however I feel it is important that christians know the many things said and done by these men that many people have probably not seen or heard. We need to be vocal and stand up for the Lord, his Word, and the truth. They are very cunning and mix a little of truth with a whole bunch of lies. So many christians are being deceived, surprisingly even many mature christians are. This is disturbing to me. I wouldn't even know where to begin with Benny Hinn. That guy is so out there, it should be visible to anyone. It is fact that those who are not grounded in the Word are easily deceived. Those that choose to just sit and listen to a preacher and never get into the Word or compare what the preacher has said, to the Word, will be deceived.

I believe Benny Hinn is forming a cult and tagging the label of christianity on it. (kinda like the devil disguising himself as an angel of light) I also notice that he rarely ever has an alter call and the only time he reads from the Word is to pick out scriptures to twist up and use for his own selfish gain and boasting. He runs a show and people come and pay to see him. The bible tells us that many false teachers and prophets will come showing many signs and wonders and that if it were possible, even the very elect would be decieved. I believe not too far off, we will begin to see real signs and wonders at his conferences. We will know the true source of these signs and wonders. Benny Hinn is deliberately and without remorse twisting and perverting the Word of God, giving false prophecies, dabbling in necromancy, implied that he is a little God. He has repented in the past and then went on to continue what he was doing. So I'm lead to believe that he is operating in the spirit of antichrist and is deliberate and knowing who he worships. In other words, I don't feel this man has deceived himself and is blinded but that he is deliberately operating with full will for the devil.  I have never in my lifetime seen another "evengelist" so sickening and bold in his lies.

Many people who are deceived will say that God would not allow them to be deceived because they are christians. My goodness! Therefore when people like me try to show them the truth they feel that that confirms that they are being persecuted for the sake of the Lord!! This is what Benny teaches people. He has even cursed people that would come against his ministry. He cursed their children also. He said this on TBN! Tell me is this a man of God that he would curse people? He has wished that he could "blow their heads off with a holy ghost gun". It's so sad to me. My heart cries for these people who follow him. I pray that the Lord open their eyes.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Well, having the big mouth that I do :biggrin: I will state my opinion. I have absolutely no tolerance for the likes of stations such as TBN. Funny you mention Benny Hinn who is on same station. I will use him as an example.

Benny Hinn claims to be a faith healer. This is unbiblical and heretical. If Benny has a genuine gift of healing from God, why aren't the hospitals in the country empty? He has stated over and over again that Jesus has appeared to him and spoken to him. Another Saul Of Tarsus? I would say more like John Smith.

I will give credit where credit is due. I do not doubt that people have been saved watching his show. Do I credit Benny for this? Nope. I credit God himself. Only God has that inert ability to use evil for good. Benny uses religion (I won't call what he does Christianity) as a occupation. He only does it for the money. He has probably bilked well-meaning naive people out of millions over the years. How he mixes Christianity with hinduism and gets away with it I will never know.

Careful Ladies and Gents.

Although I dont like what I see on most "Christian T.V. stations" and although I dont care for what I see with Benny , and although he has been proven a few times to have lied about healing's, I wont say God wont heal through him, because the gifts of healing did not die with the last apostle, and are accomplished only by the Spirit of God! These railing accusations  will be judged as "idle rhema" for pentecostals and baptists alike....

(Edited by Watchman4hm at 10:48 pm on Feb. 5, 2002)

Watchman, the things I stated are not "accusations" but fact. And he hasn't just been proven to have lied about healings but has proven himself to be a false prophet amongst many other horrible things. You say that God can heal through Benny. God can heal people, he doesn't need Benny to do it.This is not really about if God can heal people but about WHO Benny Hinn is. The question is how many souls are being lost because they are praying and worshipping another Jesus under Benny's leading. The ends don't justify the means. Just because people are receiving a healing doesn't mean that we should just ignore or turn away from those that we KNOW are leading people straight to ####. Do we say that we shouldn't really worry about false teachers and prophets because God can work though them? No.

You will know a person who has the Holy Spirit in them by their fruits. Benny Hinn has shown himself to be NOT who he says he is.

C One, dont misunderstand me, I agree with you on many issues concerning Benny, and cant stand to watch him...lol. However it is God who will judge him. If he has unrepented sin, then God will deal with him. Either this side of heaven or at the judgement...I just hope that your dislike of Benny, is no reflection of beleiving that the gifts of the Spirit are not for today, and died with the last apostle. For as you said, God doesnt need Benny to heal people. But God still uses people to heal. God doesnt need to use people to preach his word, but he still sends us to do it. So I say this in agreement with scripture;

Romans 14:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who

both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make

manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have

praise of God.

peace.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

Watchman, I am with you, I'm not a Benny Hinn person either, but that does not mean we have the right to judge.

And what you said ,if God wants to use him He can,God can use anybody, God often even used unbelievers. God can do what He wants!!

But I have to agree with you all that we have to be very careful what we see and hear and pray for a spirit of discerment,

Angels4u

• Content Count:  16

I have to comment on the lady who is always on TBN.  You know the tammy fay baker look alike??  I cannot understand WHY this lady would wear so much jewerly and makeup and fake hair and yet try NOT to act vain.  My hubbie cannot even stand looking at her.  What is the deal?

hehehehe

OK......fire at will at me

I am ducking!

LOL

GEL