ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

So, how do you propose "lower[ing] teen pregnancy rates, and [decreasing] pregnancies out of wedlock"?

We lowered them dramatically during the nineties. Lower poverty rates = lower numbers of pregnancies out of wedlock and lower teen pregnancies. Sex ed on contraceptive use as well as promoting abstinence is effective as well.

well maybe you haven't heard of anyone having an abortion because you're a guy. i dunno. abortions are freely and openly talked about among women. especially when it's a hot-button political issue of the moment. every woman who has had one has a story to tell, either of the permanent damage that is done, or why they think they're harmless. almost every woman i have more than a passing acquaintance with in my entire life, even during my teens, has had a conversation with me about abortion and whether or not they've had one. maybe it's a female bonding thing or something. same thing on message boards. this isn't the only one i belong to, and yet barely a week goes by that someone on some board doesn't talk about their experience with abortion.

i still think your scarlett letter analogy is far fetched. not many people would care. the extremist groups can blacklist all they want, it is still illegal to discriminate based on medical history for the purpose of employment, or education, or housing, or just about anything else. pretty much the only thing a blacklist would be good for is for keeping some little clique from being "infected" by someone less perfect than they are.... and if that's the case, then it's unlikely that someone who has had an abortion would give a rat's tail about joining the extremists' social circle in the first place.

and churches would not discriminate, not if the church is one that serves the Lord, anyway.

really, this is much ado about nothing. there is no scarlett letter.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Lower poverty rates = lower numbers of pregnancies out of wedlock and lower teen pregnancies.

Ans why is that?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Question for Forrest: Is there one--JUST ONE--righteous, good, holy, moral, Christian cause you DO support????? So far on every issue I've seen, you have taken the exact opposite tack of the 'sensus fidelum.' This fact speaks volumes about your religiosity........

Yes Leninard, there is, but I don't think that big brother authoritarianism is a decent, holy, righteous and moral Christian cause.

How does this equate with acknowleging a human life?

forrest, you make it sound like teen pregnancy is a disease of the poor... last i checked it was an equal opportunity condition.

Teen pregnancy rates are much higher in impoverished areas than they are in middle class neighborhoods.

Teen pregnancy rates are much higher in impoverished areas than they are in middle class neighborhoods.

And why is that?

Lower poverty rates = lower numbers of pregnancies out of wedlock and lower teen pregnancies.

Ans why is that?

It is a cycle. Poverty, Child Poverty, Crime, Ignorance, and teen pregnancy are all connected. You cannot successfully curb one without addressing the others. There is good DLC article on this issue here:

http://www.ndol.org/ndol_ci.cfm?kaid=139&a...ontentid=250715

It is a cycle. Poverty, Child Poverty, Crime, Ignorance, and teen pregnancy are all connected. You cannot successfully curb one without addressing the others.

You may not realize this, forrest, but that is good rhetoric. It does not actually answer the question.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Playboy Loves Abortion. Both Exploit Women.

Women imprison themselves thru aborticide.

RIGHT ON!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com