ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

forrest, if it's a topic for another thread, then why did you bring it up in the first place?

i'm not surprised by your response about science disagreeing. you have more faith in the scientific community than you have in God. i'm sure you would question any legitimacy of the many, many scientists who have become believers while attempting to prove the Bible inaccurate, wouldn't you?

I brought it up because some on here were using Old Testament arguments on the sanctity of life. The ancient Hebrews saw nothing at all immoral about slaughtering women and children in war, yet one should believe that they had a better sense of morality toward the sanctity of life than we do?

This literalist argument that you guys present on the Pentateuch is a minority view in Christianity, and Judaism for that matter.

As I have stated several times on here, I think that abortion is wrong in many cases. For example, I certainly don

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Forrest,

Perhaps God doesn't want everything in his word backed up by science so as to seperate the true believers from the non believers. Where is the faith if it can all be proven by science?

John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you believe me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

Do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead? Science could never back this up you know...

You need to understand that God is above science!

Forrest, are you going to respond to this?

On a side note, what I like about death certificates for abortions, is it would contradict what abortion clinics are always trying to convince women of, that it is not a valid life within them, but rather a 'clump of cells' as Forrest would say. If what they say is true, then why the death certificate? It will help make sure that these women realize their decision will result in an actual DEATH.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

What a can of worms. Do they propose to have death certicicates for miscarriages as well? Or how about frozen fetuses that are disposed of because the initial parents have died or lost interest. Sounds like a whole lot of pie in the sky thinking to me.

Forrest,

Perhaps God doesn't want everything in his word backed up by science so as to seperate the true believers from the non believers. Where is the faith if it can all be proven by science?

John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you believe me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

Do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead? Science could never back this up you know...

You need to understand that God is above science!

Forrest, are you going to respond to this?

On a side note, what I like about death certificates for abortions, is it would contradict what abortion clinics are always trying to convince women of, that it is not a valid life within them, but rather a 'clump of cells' as Forrest would say. If what they say is true, then why the death certificate? It will help make sure that these women realize their decision will result in an actual DEATH.

I believe that Jesus rose from the dead. I do not believe that God meant for the stories of creation to be a literal scientific account, and thus that he created a universe that was lie.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

What a can of worms. Do they propose to have death certicicates for miscarriages as well? Or how about frozen fetuses that are disposed of because the initial parents have died or lost interest. Sounds like a whole lot of pie in the sky thinking to me.

I am all for death certificates for miscarriages. If I ever have a miscarriage, we would want one. It would help validate our loss. Also, frozen FETUSES? Do you mean blastocysts? I am against the destruction of blastocysts, and feel adopton should always be pursued for unused blastocysts.

I do not believe that God meant for the stories of creation to be a literal scientific account, and thus that he created a universe that was lie.

wow, so now you're calling God a liar?

wow.

just, wow.

butero, excellent post.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

forrest, if it's a topic for another thread, then why did you bring it up in the first place?

i'm not surprised by your response about science disagreeing. you have more faith in the scientific community than you have in God. i'm sure you would question any legitimacy of the many, many scientists who have become believers while attempting to prove the Bible inaccurate, wouldn't you?

I brought it up because some on here were using Old Testament arguments on the sanctity of life. The ancient Hebrews saw nothing at all immoral about slaughtering women and children in war, yet one should believe that they had a better sense of morality toward the sanctity of life than we do?

This literalist argument that you guys present on the Pentateuch is a minority view in Christianity, and Judaism for that matter.

As I have stated several times on here, I think that abortion is wrong in many cases. For example, I certainly don

that might be too much work, kabawd.... it would require trying to rightly divide the truth rather than just picking and choosing what parts of the Bible are fact and which are fiction.

honestly, i don't understand how anyone who does not believe ALL of the Bible as God's unwavering truth can dare to use ANY of it. and there seem to be several people here who do just that.

I do not believe that God meant for the stories of creation to be a literal scientific account, and thus that he created a universe that was lie.

wow, so now you're calling God a liar?

wow.

just, wow.

butero, excellent post.

If I am then 3/4ths of the worlds Christian theologians are. The majority of the world's christian theologians believe the stories of creation are allegorical, and a topical, not literal account. Do you honestly believe the man, all life, the earth, and the entire universe is but 6000 years old?

You were already corrected for your attempt to use the ancient Hebrews as your "proof" that the OT is not pro-life. Maybe you should start listening to those who have studied these issues in depth (some of whom are actually Hebrew), instead of googling to find information to support your presuppositions.

You would have a wonderful point if about 90% of Jews were not pro-choice.