• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

There is a contemporary Christian song, maybe a P&W song that has these words in it from an old hym:

"When we've been there ten thousand years, bright shining as the sun, we've no less days to sing God's praise than when we first begun."

Does anyone know what contemporary P&W song contains these words?

Oh, Nebula, I have to tell you something funny, well... funny to me. I had another song stuck in my head, only this time, I could not remember any of the words - zip! I only knew the tune, but by the time I found someone to tell, the tune was gone, too. I was telling my daughter about it, and she said, "Did it have to do with people?" You know, that song that all I could come up with was lalalalalala people or lonely people or plastic people? And, it turned out to be two separate songs in a Casting Crowns album and one follows the other. I told her how I frustrated you on that one, not on purpose, though.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Same here...I've heard contemporary artists do upbeat (even Ska and punk and whatever) versions of Amazing Grace...but I can't say that I've heard the words in a completely different song.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

"Amazing Grace how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me........" :P:24:

...that's the only song I know that has those lyrics you're looking for.

:wub:

Yup - It's the last verse.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

Ya know...now that you mention it...

I listen to Christian radio in the car, and there is a song sung by a male group...and it is kind of like Amazing Grace, but not totally the hymnal version. And I can't think of the group's name...

Now you have me going crazy! :24:

• Topic Count:  197
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  12/31/1949

I listen to Christian radio in the car, and there is a song sung by a male group...and it is kind of like Amazing Grace, but not totally the hymnal version. And I can't think of the group's name...

OK! Thank you all. I know I hear a different melody in my head from the traditional one, so I guess it is just the old hym put to new music. Too bad I don't have a way of humming it for you. :P

I will say this, though: A-ma-zing grace how sweet - is all just two notes repeated 3 times, and then it goes up on "the sound" (one note repeated twice) and then back down on that saved a wretch (same two notes repeated twice) and then goes down further on like me. Ok, I don't have a keyboard here - no room for it - but I think the notes could be C D C D C D E E C D C D B A if that helps and it could be in the key of D, at least in my head it is.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

OK! Thank you all. I know I hear a different melody in my head from the traditional one, so I guess it is just the old hym put to new music. Too bad I don't have a way of humming it for you. :P

I will say this, though: A-ma-zing grace how sweet - is all just two notes repeated 3 times, and then it goes up on "the sound" (one note repeated twice) and then back down on that saved a wretch (same two notes repeated twice) and then goes down further on like me. Ok, I don't have a keyboard here - no room for it - but I think the notes could be C D C D C D E E C D C D B A if that helps and it could be in the key of D, at least in my head it is.

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about then. It really is just the old hymn put to new music. "Amazing Grace" is remarkably versatile that way...you can put it to just about any music.