IGNORED

Egyptology..a no no!

Guest HIS girl

Yes, thats quite correct about the Pharoah's re-writing history. They were a jealous bunch, and changed events via heiroglyphics, to put themselves in the best light. They exaggerated victories and spoils of war. They totally erased past rulers' accomplishments. They even disfigured their statues and ornaments, abandoned their temples and some even totally moved capitols of the country. Besides all that, each pharaoh had his own gods, forsaking the former ruler's choices. What a time it was!

Please read my previous post.

For many years, I took what the Egyptologists said as truth. Not anymore.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I think is the first time that I've read someone else's opinion that the information to support the Bible events is there, it's just not being shown to everyone, for fear that it would prove even one story in the Bible. That's a good idea about it. I thought perhaps that it might have just been that after their Pharoah's death, the Egyptians and whoever succeeded him, just erased that account themselves. I mean, I don't even think it would have been recorded. The reason for that is that either in scant research I've come across, or even a tv program, they've said that the Egyptians tended to erase history whenever someone in their past had embarrassed or upset them. Often, kings, I think, would erase hieroglyphics of previous kings. They seemed to have done it to at least two Pharaoh's that I've read about: Hatsepshut, the woman who became Pharaoh for some many years, and then Ahkenaten (sp?), the heretic king. They destoryed his city, or at least relocated it, after he died. That made me think that perhaps if anyone had written about how the Israelites' God had defeated those of Egypt and then caused its whole? army to perish under the Red Sea, then someone might have just forced that bit to be taken out. It's not a very flattering account of might Egypt, imo.

I used to love ancient Egyptian history, ever since I was a kid. Interest has died down somewhat since then, but it's still a fascinating place, especially, as was mentioned earlier, in thinking about Moses and Joseph.

It IS thought provoking and once again with the erasing of previous Pharaohs names, once again, that is what we have been TOLD....When the names and tombs were dessicrated, we are told it was done in antiquity..Will we ever know for sure?

I have read by some modern archeologists, that the actual time line of the Egyptian Kings could in fact be in error. And with the names..many Kings in Egypt had multiple names, so in regards to the Pharoah in Exodus, his name could quite possibly be recorded in Ancient Egyptian text by another of the Kings names.

When you had WOMEN who ruled as Pharaohs and actually were carved as wearing the royal plaited beard, all is not as straight forward as "they" would have us believe......

Because of the confusion with the Pharaohnic time line, I have read it could be Achenaten as the Pharaoh in Exodus...funny his tomb and mummy has never been found....

Well, the possibility that other history has also been fabricated, by those who teach it, has come up before, so it's not too hard to believe what you're saying as something that may also be possible. I think there's something too about how textbooks are written...once, I heard that the U.S. government wouldn't allow this one film to be released in the U.S., I think that was how it happened, until it had been censored or at least approved for its content. And, it was odd because most people probably wouldn't think of our country having issues with censorship of the media or free press, not to that degree, right? err, at least no one talks about the government doing it, I believe. Anyway, it could make sense, if you twist it around and think that perhaps they invented that habit of the pharoahs in order to explain the gaps in Egyptian history: maybe it was stuff that was really missing? or they were holding information back. It would be interesting.

Yes, thats quite correct about the Pharoah's re-writing history. They were a jealous bunch, and changed events via heiroglyphics, to put themselves in the best light. They exaggerated victories and spoils of war. They totally erased past rulers' accomplishments. They even disfigured their statues and ornaments, abandoned their temples and some even totally moved capitols of the country. Besides all that, each pharaoh had his own gods, forsaking the former ruler's choices. What a time it was!

And, that is one reason the bible is so very unique! The bible gives us people with real failings, real problems, real defeats. It doens't change history to make the king look better. We get the real deal. Real people.

I find it truly interesting.

Yeah, that's history as I have read about it and have been taught, somewhat. I dont think that I've ever come across any book or website (never a professor though, don't know people really educated in it or in the field! :thumbsup: ) about coverups in even the line of the kings. Heh, they'd probably just say it was a mistake anyway. Another time though that they mentioned for the destruction of some sites was the time when amateur archeaology was popular with some eighteenth or nineteenth century Europeans and Americans... story about using mummies for face creams even, I think that was one of the grosser stories.

Yeah, that's history as I have read about it and have been taught, somewhat. I dont think that I've ever come across any book or website (never a professor though, don't know people really educated in it or in the field! :) ) about coverups in even the line of the kings. Heh, they'd probably just say it was a mistake anyway. Another time though that they mentioned for the destruction of some sites was the time when amateur archeaology was popular with some eighteenth or nineteenth century Europeans and Americans... story about using mummies for face creams even, I think that was one of the grosser stories.

I'm not saying that the whole history of Eygyptology is flawed but I tend to look at it differently now. No doubt there IS truth in what they have discovered but like I said before some info giving credit to the Bible is withheld.

As for those gross "trends" with the Egyptian mummies. in Victorian times..would you really want to drink ground mummy skin in your cup of tea?? :blink: And when they got sick or died, they blamed it on Pharaohs "curse.".... :thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

One Egyptologist, David Rohl, makes an interesting read.

Also, not all egyptologist are athiests. :thumbsup:

Also, not all egyptologist are athiests. :thumbsup:

Is he the one who wrote a book about archeology on Joseph?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Yeah, that's history as I have read about it and have been taught, somewhat. I dont think that I've ever come across any book or website (never a professor though, don't know people really educated in it or in the field! :24: ) about coverups in even the line of the kings. Heh, they'd probably just say it was a mistake anyway. Another time though that they mentioned for the destruction of some sites was the time when amateur archeaology was popular with some eighteenth or nineteenth century Europeans and Americans... story about using mummies for face creams even, I think that was one of the grosser stories.

I'm not saying that the whole history of Eygyptology is flawed but I tend to look at it differently now. No doubt there IS truth in what they have discovered but like I said before some info giving credit to the Bible is withheld.

As for those gross "trends" with the Egyptian mummies. in Victorian times..would you really want to drink ground mummy skin in your cup of tea?? :) And when they got sick or died, they blamed it on Pharaohs "curse.".... :thumbsup:

Right, so I guess it could be hidden. Probably never will be revealed. I still would like to know which Pharaoh it was, would be cool. Heh, true, so gross about the ways they used those bodies. Man, whoever started up the idea that they could be potent for anything was either just a loon, or a brilliant capitalist, or businessman...just another person out looking for a quick buck... *finds a mummy, thinks for a moment, maybe of taking it to a museum or collector, then"hmm, I know an even better way to make use of this!, starts babbling about its ancient powers, etc* I'm a dork. :blink:

Yeah, that's history as I have read about it and have been taught, somewhat. I dont think that I've ever come across any book or website (never a professor though, don't know people really educated in it or in the field! :24: ) about coverups in even the line of the kings. Heh, they'd probably just say it was a mistake anyway. Another time though that they mentioned for the destruction of some sites was the time when amateur archeaology was popular with some eighteenth or nineteenth century Europeans and Americans... story about using mummies for face creams even, I think that was one of the grosser stories.

As for those gross "trends" with the Egyptian mummies. in Victorian times..would you really want to drink ground mummy skin in your cup of tea?? :) And when they got sick or died, they blamed it on Pharaohs "curse.".... :thumbsup:

Right, so I guess it could be hidden. Probably never will be revealed. I still would like to know which Pharaoh it was, would be cool. Heh, true, so gross about the ways they used those bodies. Man, whoever started up the idea that they could be potent for anything was either just a loon, or a brilliant capitalist, or businessman...just another person out looking for a quick buck... *finds a mummy, thinks for a moment, maybe of taking it to a museum or collector, then"hmm, I know an even better way to make use of this!, starts babbling about its ancient powers, etc* I'm a dork. :blink:

Egyptian mummy...the Victorian drug of choice.... :24:

Also, not all egyptologist are athiests. :blink:

Is he the one who wrote a book about archeology on Joseph?

I have read that book and gave it to my sister a few years back and forgot his name. Yes I agree with you, very interesting read. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Now, I know there is nothing wrong with having an interest in Ancient history(Egypt being firmly in that arena).

When I started reading the Bible, I was literally enthralled with ...ANCIENT HISTORY unfolding before my very eyeballs..fascinating..

Hello Inj,

How can there possibly something wrong with ancient history especially Egyptology - certain Egyptian writings confirm the Bible....plagues around the time of Moses and Semitic peoples migrating to Egypt during the famine (Joseph). There is water erosion on the Sphinx suggesting a flood (the flood???) Hey I could go on for ever.

Thought I would share this with you though - there are some scholars who are trying to prove a link between Moses and Amenhotep IV, the husband of Nefretiti who later changed his name to Akhenaten (18th Dynasty) this Pharoah was notable for attempting to single-handedly restructure the Egyptian religion to monotheistically worship the Aten (sun god). The 'scholars' idea is that Moses and this guy were one an the same - nonsense right!!!!!!

Anyway I love ancient history which for me at least is fascinating :24: