Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I love science, it shows how awesome God is! Check out the "scientific" documentary "The Priveleged Planet." It is a Christian production, and it shows how amazing our planet is, and how it is situated so perfectly in the universe, that it seems God wanted us to learn and study it. God created math, science, chemistry, etc. we should enjoy it and look for the Glory of God in nature and our universe.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Ted, would you agree that of all the people in this topic, horizoneast would be the most condescending?

I would agree that these topics usually seem to start off on fire, then all sides (which usually boil down to two) reach a plateau and then insults and bad manners take over and get traded back and forth like baseball cards for 10 pages each time.

Besides the War on Terror threads, I think these Evolution vs Creation threads ("I'm right" "no you're not" "yes I am" "no you're not" "yes I am" "prove it" "no, you prove it" "I don't have to 'cause I'm right" "no you're not, I can prove it"....) get deleted most often.

So much time and energy wasted.

I get caught up in them too, I guess, but I try to keep my focus in line with the focus of the Ministry: Present Christ in a manner which would make people think just a little about Him. Perhaps through that, we can make a difference in someone's life concerning Salvation. :rolleyes:

I also think that these topics bring out the best and the worst in people, no matter how guarded or composed we like to think we are. I have seen Christians, Agnostics, and Atheists alike who have made some of the most heart warming, gentle, and informative posts I have ever read. I have also seen the worst of what people can write about each other in these same kinds of threads.

All in all, I would say that we simply need to remember that we are conversing with someone just as human as we are when we are posting our words. The people on the other end of the wire might just end up being the best friend we ever had under certain circumstances, and that life is too short, no matter our thoughts concerning faith and the world, to spend it tearing down our fellow man.

In short, we simply have to find a way to discuss this stuff without resorting to bad behavior and personal attacks.

It's not that hard, really, and an achievable goal when we put our minds to the task. :24:

Peace,

t.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

On that note, I have returned.

So many pages...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Ted, would you agree that of all the people in this topic, horizoneast would be the most condescending?

I would agree that these topics usually seem to start off on fire, then all sides (which usually boil down to two) reach a plateau and then insults and bad manners take over and get traded back and forth like baseball cards for 10 pages each time.

Besides the War on Terror threads, I think these Evolution vs Creation threads ("I'm right" "no you're not" "yes I am" "no you're not" "yes I am" "prove it" "no, you prove it" "I don't have to 'cause I'm right" "no you're not, I can prove it"....) get deleted most often.

I get caught up in them too, I guess, but I try to keep my focus in line with the focus of the Ministry: Present Christ in a manner which would make people think just a little about Him. Perhaps through that, we can make a difference in someone's life concerning Salvation. :o

I also think that these topics bring out the best and the worst in people, no matter how guarded or composed we like to think we are. I have seen Christians, Agnostics, and Atheists alike who have made some of the most heart warming, gentle, and informative posts I have ever read. I have also seen the worst of what people can write about each other in these same kinds of threads.

All in all, I would say that we simply need to remember that we are conversing with someone just as human as we are when we are posting our words. The people on the other end of the wire might just end up being the best friend we ever had under certain circumstances, and that life is too short, no matter our thoughts concerning faith and the world, to spend it tearing down our fellow man.

In short, we simply have to find a way to discuss this stuff without resorting to bad behavior and personal attacks.

It's not that hard, really, and an achievable goal when we put our minds to the task. :P

Peace,

t.

I'm glad to see reason inserted into this thread. Horizon, Atheist, and Dave seem to have totally lost sight of original topic. I hope you guys "get your groove back" because Faith vs Science is an extremely interesting topic and there is room for everyone's opinions. The insults and tattling are SO third grade though. :wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I get caught up in them too, I guess, but I try to keep my focus in line with the focus of the Ministry: Present Christ in a manner which would make people think just a little about Him. Perhaps through that, we can make a difference in someone's life concerning Salvation. :emot-hug:

It's not that hard, really, and an achievable goal when we put our minds to the task. :blink:

Peace,

t.

:24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

While Einstein never publicly accepted the reality of a personal God he did acknowledge the "the necessity for a beginning" and the need of "the presence of a superior reasoning power." What might he have meant by a “superior reasoning power? Surely blind chance and natural selection can’t “reason”. Maybe he had Newton’s concept of God in mind - "the Supreme God exists necessarily, and by the same necessity he exists always and everywhere."

Einstein was pantheist. Newton was Christian. Their beliefs entailed two very different concepts of God.

Einstein didn't accept a personal God in public or private, contrary to your sneaky wording. He was pantheist and he resented people's attempts to label him otherwise, but it continues nonetheless. *cough*

Edited by The Lorax

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Why do we have "Faith vs. Science?"

Why are we so intent on keeping the two apart?

God created them both, so how can we keep them apart?

However, we must remember that . . .

Faith can do many things that Science can never explain,

But, there is nothing Science can do that Faith cannot account for.

:thumbsup::b::th_frusty:

I agree

While pondering the question of the universe, man's existence, technology, global warming, and development; I took the Faith vs. Science road. Along my journey I understood: They are one in the same. As we try and fail to keep up with the universe, we are reminded that the creator is infinate.

How do we try to keep up with the creator? : Science.

Man has made great strides in attempting to match God's will and keep up with the universe.

Then what is taking the next step? Utilizing existing technology and expanding infrastructure.

What do you do if you have five months of existence left on earth? Will you be ready to defend your planet from an apocalyptic disaster? Those are the questions of the future. Which deem the final question: Who will have the last word Man or the Universe? And if man has the answers, isn't that what God always wanted for man from the beginning?

Everlasting

New Inspirational/Spiritual Science Fiction Novel

Moon Over Key Biscayne

booksandmore.4t.com

:taped:

:whistling:;):rolleyes:

Which deem the final question: Who will have the last word Man or the Universe? And if man has the answers, isn't that what God always wanted for man from the beginning?

What God wanted for man from the beginning?

"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee." (Jeremiah 31:3)

Jesus, the last word for the Universe.....

"And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them." (Revelation 20:11)