IGNORED

Bizarre Britney in Rehab

Shaving her head then going to a hospital asking for help...sounds like problems to me.

Don't write her off because she is rich and famous...they do have PROBLEMS too, probably more than we realise.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

From Hamburgers,

totally, completely agree. I don't mean to sound cruel or uncaring or anything, but WHY is something like this such a big news story? I'm sure it must be so hard to be a public darling for 10 years, and have millions of dollars ( ), but I seriously don't give half a hoot about what Britney Spears is doing with her hair. The fact that stuff like this is on the major news channels makes me sick!

In conclusion:

Nick's care meter: [don't care] |-I----------------| [care]

Ah, words of wisdom from someone who is the ripe old age of 21. Your couldn't care less attitude is a reflection of what you are reading in the bible and the compassion you have for someone who is lost in the glitz and glamour of show business. If the general public didn't demand sleazey scandal and gossip the news media would fizzle out. If major news channels make you sick, then don't watch them. Try and live up to the standard of your own siggy line, which, btw, is unscriptual.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Ah, words of wisdom from someone who is the ripe old age of 21. Your couldn't care less attitude is a reflection of what you are reading in the bible and the compassion you have for someone who is lost in the glitz and glamour of show business. If the general public didn't demand sleazey scandal and gossip the news media would fizzle out. If major news channels make you sick, then don't watch them. Try and live up to the standard of your own siggy line, which, btw, is unscriptual.

My point is there are thousands of more important things to be talked about in our NEWS media than recent pop star hair styles. Is she in trouble? Perhaps. Is her hair cutting a cry for help? Maybe, although I would venture a guess it is more like a cry for attention since she has recently dropped out of the limelight. But is her hair shaving more important than the political happenings between our country and the Middle east, the thousands of starving children that die every week in poor countries, the aids epidemic in Africa, or pretty much a million other news issues? Absolutely, 100% NO.

I'm sure there are about 100 other girls who shaved their heads too, maybe as cries for help. Why weren't they mentioned in the news? Because they aren't pop stars, and they don't have money.

Our country idolizes our "famous people" to the point of obsession, and I just could never understand it. They are just people with more money, luxaries, and lavish lifestyles than most people could even imagine. But that doesn't make them any more important when it comes to national news. I wouldn't care if this was on a Pop-News channel, or MTV or something, but the fact most major news stations are keeping us up to date on the status of Britney just seems insane to me. So yes, this makes me not want to watch the news anymore. News should be information, not pop gobbletygook.

As for the nock on my age, every heard of "out of the mouths of babes" ? :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'm really not saying this to be a nuisance, but seriously: I just don't get it. What's the big deal? So, she cut her hair off. So, what?

I"m sorry about ranting. I know it doesn't please anyone, and it's not a really big deal, but it's been all over the news, so it's more than annoying in that regard. :)

She is a "role model" to many young girls out there, perhaps to children of people who frequent these boards. It's good to have an answer to their questions or to be able to discuss the issue with those kids form the Christian point of view. This young woman needs our prayers more than anything else and it's good to see she has not been ridiculed here at this forum. She's a lost soul in need of Jesus. She could be any one of our daughters; would we recognize there was a problem if we saw it? Or would we simply turn our backs and chock it up to a youthful indiscretion? It's good to take a lesson from a life that once held so much promise, and perhaps will again with the Lord's intervention.

Ok.

Edited by heartofstone

Wooooohooooo, Hey heartofstone, that was quite some tirade. Hey, Brittany will all blow over and things will be back to normal, that is until the news hounds pick on someone else. If you want to know what it is going on in Iraq and the rest of the world, try reading some of worlds news alerts from around the globe. Use your remote why don't you, and change channels.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Every soul is valuable to Jesus - even Britanny Spears. I hate the Hollywood gossip, too.

But what would happen if we started praying for the salvation of these people we see on the headlines? It's not taking our focus off of the poor and orphans and all that. We have lots of time in our day doing mindless activities where we can pray for them too!

Pray for everyone.

Lord, remind me to pray! Teach me how to pray for these lost souls. May I never forget to pray for them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Every soul is valuable to Jesus - even Britanny Spears. I hate the Hollywood gossip, too.

But what would happen if we started praying for the salvation of these people we see on the headlines? It's not taking our focus off of the poor and orphans and all that. We have lots of time in our day doing mindless activities where we can pray for them too!

Pray for everyone.

Lord, remind me to pray! Teach me how to pray for these lost souls. May I never forget to pray for them.

:) Yeah, it is true, it can't hurt really and doesnt take away from the time we have to do the same for others less fortunate. Nice post, way to put it Nebula. :huh:

Edited by heartofstone

Heartofstone, you are right about one thing. Nebula has the right way of saying things, and that is why she is one of the most loved sisters on worthy. Neb has pezazze and finesse. I am inclined to be a bit ham-fisted and up-front,,,,,,but it takes all kinds.

This a sick world and you must expect some sick journalism. The only differece between what pranks some these celebrity's get up to are not a lot worse than some of the antics I got up to...........except I was broke most of the time, and fortunately there were no drugs in my young days, or I would probably given them a shot as well.

You are a dear sister, hostone and I wouldn't offend you or anyone else. for that matter, so I apologise if I sounded a bit brash, but hey, everyone can't be soft-tongued....... Even Jesus cracked His whip, when the occasion arose. :huh:

Pray for everyone.

Neb is right and WOW Eric, what lovely things to say about Neb!! :o

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

She left rehab AGAIN.

Keep praying.