IGNORED

Letter to dog owner, tell me what you think...

Emily~Anne

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

I just went to visit her again and her owner claimed her. She is gone. Sometimes it feels so pointless to have so much compassion for animals cause what good does it do when people can be so STUPID? I am going to go give my dogs I do have a big hug and try to focus on that my dogs will never be scared, hungry, cold or beaten. I am very sad right now.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

:24: Emily Anne

Guest Biblicist
I just went to visit her again and her owner claimed her. She is gone. Sometimes it feels so pointless to have so much compassion for animals cause what good does it do when people can be so STUPID? I am going to go give my dogs I do have a big hug and try to focus on that my dogs will never be scared, hungry, cold or beaten. I am very sad right now.

Emily :24: God knows.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

I just got a puppy last night! (but that's another story)

Anyway, I didn't read all the replies, but although I think the letter is fine I think it would be better communicated in person. Notes in a mailbox from strangers are very impersonal, I think it would be so much easier to convey your feelings if you're face to face. Plus, this would give you an opportunity to check them out and see what kind of people they are. If they resist letting you take the dog, a least you'll have some peace of mind (hopefully) that maybe they aren't as neglectful as you've thought. On the flip side, too, if the dog has become a handful for them...maybe seeing a kind face and meeting some compassionate people who want to take him will ease their mind enough to let him go. Just some thoughts..

Oh, but if you do go ahead with the letter instead, I think you should clarify right away what your intentions are. It seemed to jump from what a wonderful dog he was to how great you'd take care of him if he were yours. Unless I overlooked it, I didn't see anywhere that stated up front that you'd like to adopt the dog. If I missed it, sorry. Let us know how it goes!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Oops, missed this. Hey, don't give up just yet. Go introduce yourself, tell them you were the ones who found him (and all the good things you put in the letter). Maybe they'd let you "visit" the dog, or borrow him to play with occasionally? It wouldn't hurt to ask. Maybe that would ease them into letting you have him. But even if they don't give you ownership of the dog, at least talking to them would notify them that they are being observed and that someone else would gladly take their dog if they don't want it.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Oops, missed this. Hey, don't give up just yet. Go introduce yourself, tell them you were the ones who found him (and all the good things you put in the letter). Maybe they'd let you "visit" the dog, or borrow him to play with occasionally? It wouldn't hurt to ask. Maybe that would ease them into letting you have him. But even if they don't give you ownership of the dog, at least talking to them would notify them that they are being observed and that someone else would gladly take their dog if they don't want it.

I agree...the people Mufassa ran away from took him back a few times too...he kept running to our acreage from theirs (the poor dog was getting old and yet was running two Kilometres every time he did that!), so we'd take turns, alternating us bringing him back and them picking him up (we didn't want to be accused of stealing their dog either...but we'd always wait until he'd been fed lots to take him back). One time, it was their turn...and they just never showed up. That's when he became ours.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

My husband couldn't stand the idea of Rheina being outside in the frigid wind and insisted we all go for a walk to see which house she lives at. Our hope was that she would bark if she heard me, which was what she'd do when I left her at the shelter. We walked up and down the street we know she lives on twice, all the while I made casual but kinda loud convo to make sure Rheina could hear me. We never heard her bark. So we are hoping the shelter told these people how much we loved their dog and maybe they will view their dog in a new light and value her more. We still intend to patrol the street regularly trying to figure out exactly which house she lives at. If she continues to be neglected and left outside on a chain all the time, we will find her, and we are going to try to but her from them. If they are willing to provide her a good home, that would be awesome. As long as they don't neglect a dog who is so sweet and wants so much to please people and love people. I am trying to be positive and hope she is curled up on a nice warm blanket inside someone's home.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/28/1988

Awwwwwwwwww, Emily man its so awesome ur love for that we doggie! Man just keep prayin I'll b prayin for da dog!

K well

God Bless

Nite

Jessica

ANIMALS ROCK!!!!