IGNORED

HELL FIRE

Guest Jude 1:3

I know that the Bible means respect or reverence. But I honestly cannot understand how the rest of you live your lives. I mean, don't you people know what God can do to you if he ever got angry?

Yes I do.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

I know that the Bible means respect or reverence. But I honestly cannot understand how the rest of you live your lives. I mean, don't you people know what God can do to you if he ever got angry?

Well, reco, what could you do to make God angry?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

By "the rest of you," I assume you mean us on Worthy.

Well...how do you live your life?

You do your best to do what's pleasing in God's sight.

You show Him all due love and reverence.

He loves me, I love Him, I live to show it. :wub: I don't see any problem, and I don't live every day in fearful expectation of God's wrath. Why?

Because of what it says here:

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry,

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

This image that God will get angry with us, especially those of us who are christians is a load of nonsense and comes out of archaic man made mechanisms designed to frighten the uneducated mass populace into obedience. Once we accept God as our father , that is how we are treated, but we are treated with love, patience and kindness, even if we rebel and backslide God will still patiently wait for out return, and when we do return God welcomes us with open arms. read the parable of prodigal son , Luke 15 : 11-32

Here are a few more verses to show that God is love

Isaiah 40:11

Isaiah 42 : 3

Romans 15: 7

Psalm 130 : 1-4

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Preaching hell fire fear may get someone to the alter but will it make them love?

fear of hellfire make you love someone........... if God could get us to love him through fear he is well able to do that , does he? Or does he woe us with his goodness and his sacrifice of love in giving his only begotten SON.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I'll admit that God has yet to lose patience with me even after all these years and sever scandals but maybe its because I'm expecting him to explode that he hasn't done so yet. I mean, maybe he isn't really angry yet because he won't let himself get caught being angry. I don't know and I'm NOT willing to test him.

I'll admit that God has yet to lose patience with me even after all these years and sever scandals but maybe its because I'm expecting him to explode that he hasn't done so yet. I mean, maybe he isn't really angry yet because he won't let himself get caught being angry. I don't know and I'm NOT willing to test him.

God makes allowances for mistakes and boo boos and will take the time to teach you but to TEST God, now that's ANOTHER matter... You must Never test God, because that has a premeditative purpose to the action and is Provoking God's Anger.

Guest Jude 1:3
"good news"... how hard is this to understand?? People won't come because no one wants to hear their gonna be burned! We need to motivate people by the joys of heaven, not the fear of hell.

When Jonathan Edwards preached "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," dozens in the crowd were led to repentance. But if you had your way, that sermon would have never been preached, am I correct? I was also turned to Christ by a fire-preaching pastor, and I am forever thankful to him.

We need Godly preachers with a Bible in their hand and fire in their belly.

I'm so sick of the prosperity, emergent, and ecumenical movements I could puke. They're salt without its saltiness. We need to cast out these cream puff preachers and finish with them, once and for all.

You sound very angry, Jude.

I am angry! Millions of Americans are heading straight toward hell, and Joel Osteen is more concerned about making money and getting the best parking spot at the mall. Don't let the pearly whites deceive you... these men are vipers! I am angry that our half-damned churches aren't hearing the GOSPEL, because their apostate pastors want a bigger flock to fleece. Yes, I am very angry!

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

This thread seems to be based on the assumption that anyone who does not go to heaven, goes to hell. May I ask for the scripture that is used to support this notion.

This thread seems to be based on the assumption that anyone who does not go to heaven, goes to hell. May I ask for the scripture that is used to support this notion.

:whistling: Your name kills me...do you love dogs by any chance?? hhmmm?? :noidea: