IGNORED

The Secret..

Karen C.

Guest Biblicist
QUOTE (shiloh357 @ Dec 5 2008, 01:34 PM)

No all information is not like that. The Word of God is absolute truth from beginning to end. I don't have discard any of it. I also have the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.

So you live by every single word that comes from the Bible? Or do you only live by what applies to you?

No. I am a Christian. I actually believe the Bible:

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

(2 Timothy 3:16)

All of Scripture is applicable to me even if it is not culturally relevant. I don't discard parts of the Bible but keep the other parts, like you have to do with "The Secret." The Bible is absolute truth and I receive ALL of it.

Yeah, that's not really what I said. :cool:

All Scripture is applicable to you? Even the stuff for women? Interesting.... :noidea:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

No all information is not like that. The Word of God is absolute truth from beginning to end. I don't have discard any of it. I also have the Holy Spirit to guide me into all truth.

So you live by every single word that comes from the Bible? Or do you only live by what applies to you?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All of Scripture is applicable to me even if it is not culturally relevant. I don't discard parts of the Bible but keep the other parts, like you have to do with "The Secret." The Bible is absolute truth and I receive ALL of it.

All Scripture is applicable to you? Even the stuff for women? Interesting.... :noidea:

You'll notice I made a notable difference between applicable and relevant. All of the Bible is applicable even the parts that are not practically or culturally relevant. Even the parts for women are for my instruction and edification and aid in my overall understanding of God's Word. At least that is how a thinking person would understand it. Like I said... I am a Christian. I believe the Bible. I don't discard or ignore parts of it. I understand if you don't see it that way.

Yeah, that's not really what I said. :cool:
Yeah it is what you said. You claimed that it was possible to discard the bad and keep the good, and then you have the audacity to compare THAT nonsense to reading the Bible. You stated:

All information is like that. You take the good with the bad, keep what you can use and discard the rest.

I am just operating from what YOU said. So you can take responsibility for what you said or not. My point is that I dont have to do that with Scripture, so it stands that all information is not like that.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

All information is like that. You take the good with the bad, keep what you can use and discard the rest.

Someone close to me had me sit and watch the video...or most of the video anyway. After a time it felt more like it was dragging on and I was falling asleep. But I digress.

It is true that when you know the truth, you can discern truth from error in this way and apply that truth while discarding the rest.

But what about those who do not?

The person who had me watch the video pointed out to me beforehand the Scriptural principles "The Secret" was utilizing. However, as I watched the testimonies, it kept gnawing at me that these people were practicing "self power."

Now I know I need to re-wire my thinking and have positive thoughts. True, I could see from the video this principle in action. However, this power they present is very self-centered. It screams out, "I don't need God, I can do it on my own."

True, I need to learn this positive thinking principle, but not when the focus is "me" as my provider rather than to Jesus as my Provider.

That is the subtle danger.

Guest HIS girl
However, not long after making the list, I met a man that fit everything in the list. My mom (a Christian that often gets side-tracked with super-supernatural) told me that I put things into motion by making that list; thereby fulfilling the universal "law of attraction".

See, it's rather annoying with some folks - they are quite happy to let "the universe" bring people together BUT are most offended if you mention the Holy Spirit and the workings of HIM in your life.

In summary, it was not super-spiritual gobbly-gook, it was God. I took the steps I needed to in order to insure I obey, and He laid out the path for me.

I'm sad to see also that even today we have some Christians who are skeptical when you let the HS be your guide and things DO happen according to what you have prayed...there is an element of doubt and suspicion amongst Believers that really needs to be dealt with....

I'm sorry your Mum has bought into the Secret business....no doubt positive self talk/thinking etc WILL be beneficial BUT it is not to be a guide for how one leads their life...even negative things can have a positive edge to it. Doesn't mean it's right. This is where Spiritual discernment is VITAL....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

See, it's rather annoying with some folks - they are quite happy to let "the universe" bring people together ...

Oh yeah -

That was another part about "The Secret" that got annoying.

It was the "Universe" that brought you your wish.

As if it were God, and it could be manipulated. :emot-pray:

Guest HIS girl
See, it's rather annoying with some folks - they are quite happy to let "the universe" bring people together ...

Oh yeah -

That was another part about "The Secret" that got annoying.

It was the "Universe" that brought you your wish.

As if it were God, and it could be manipulated. :emot-pray:

Yeah, it is most annoying....I could not watch the whole show of Oprah's when they were discussing the 'Secret" as I was getting quite ticked off at how gullible people are...however..I know people are so lost and looking for an "answer" and I can generally cut them some slack but with this stuff...it was VERY annoying to say the least...the whole way it was presented... as TRUTH....grrr..... :emot-heartbeat:

Guest Biblicist

All Scripture is applicable to you? Even the stuff for women? Interesting.... :emot-heartbeat:

You'll notice I made a notable difference between applicable and relevant. All of the Bible is applicable even the parts that are not practically or culturally relevant. Even the parts for women are for my instruction and edification and aid in my overall understanding of God's Word. At least that is how a thinking person would understand it. Like I said... I am a Christian. I believe the Bible. I don't discard or ignore parts of it. I understand if you don't see it that way.

Yeah, that's not really what I said. :emot-pray:
Yeah it is what you said. You claimed that it was possible to discard the bad and keep the good, and then you have the audacity to compare THAT nonsense to reading the Bible. You stated:

I am just operating from what YOU said. So you can take responsibility for what you said or not. My point is that I dont have to do that with Scripture, so it stands that all information is not like that.

If the Bible is all good...and I said "you keep the good and discard the bad", then I didn't mean the Bible did I?

Stop reading into what I say, what you want it to say, so that you can sound right.

Guest HIS girl
If the Bible is all good...and I said "you keep the good and discard the bad", then I didn't mean the Bible did I?

Bib, let's not play childish games...you know as much as I do, that some Christians and non Christians "pick and choose" what they want from the Bible..it's evident everyday - especially in peoples actions/words etc.....

Guest HIS girl
People can find "evil" everywhere if they look hard enough for it. Even here.

I simply choose not to.

Wow...

See, like the Bible - people will choose what they want from it and what they don't want....not everyone accepts the entirety of the Bible as fact and Truth...very sad.