• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I loved this movie. To see kids as young as 9 year old Rachel and her older brother, Preacher to be, Levy on fire for the LORD is so encourageing and awesome. To see, in a deleted bit I think, Rachel go and win souls was shout out loud PRAISE GOD worthy. And the film was well made too. I am not a documentary fan. But this was HUGE for me. I would love to meet them. Especially the kids at the camp and the guy who had a mustache that lead a group to the Supreme Court Building. And to see speaking in tounges and such was a blessing. I have prayed for tounges for my life.

As far as Harry Potter goes, or any book for that matter. I am of the opinion that if it has goodness in it, it is not all bad. Phillipians 4:8! And it is up to the parents, or other trusted adult, to teach what is the EVIL aspects in Potter, or any other book. Including Narnia or Lord of the Rings. Both written by Chirstian men. Narnia was written by CS Lewis who wrote Mere Christianity and Screwtape Letters.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

The fact that you're even implying that C.S. Lewis wasn't a Believer simply astounds me...not only do we have the hundreds of books, speeches and letters he's written as proof, there's also the living, breathing testimony of Douglas Gresham, Lewis' step-son. Lewis was much more than a great author or a great man, he was a great Christian, and I hope that many come to the light of Christ by the testimony he's left for us...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  06/13/1987

The movie pissed me off!! Not because of the content, but because of how it was made. I think there was a definite slant in this movie to appeal to the secualr left and moderate/liberal Christians to be weary of the evangelical movement, but yet the filmmakers claim that the movie is even-handed and that the characters speak for themselves. However, if you pay close enough attention, you will see that the pov is not in the christians in the film, but in the editor. The thing that bugged me when I first saw it was that they used people who identify themselves as charasmatics to represent evangelicals. A charasmatic can be an evangelical, but we, as members of the Christian culture, know that there is a significant difference. And so much was left out. Extreme stuff was shown to the audience without explanation. I know what speaking in tongues is, I know what the phrase "God's army" means, and I know what a "dead church" is. The target audience does not.

When majority of the people who have seen this film get the impression that the children at this camp are taught to hate others and become little jihadist for Christ, then there is a definite bias. When a shot of a man talking bad about evangelicals is juxtaposed with a shot of children dancing in war paint to a worship song, do not tell me that there isn't a bias.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I had just seen the movie Jesus Camp and i was shocked about some of the things that were talked about in it.

Has anyone seen this movie? Thoughts?

sorry i haven't even heard about the movie much less seen it...i don't usually have time for movies...wish i did though....

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

;)

I loved this movie. To see kids as young as 9 year old Rachel and her older brother, Preacher to be, Levy on fire for the LORD is so encourageing and awesome. To see, in a deleted bit I think, Rachel go and win souls was shout out loud PRAISE GOD worthy. And the film was well made too. I am not a documentary fan. But this was HUGE for me. I would love to meet them. Especially the kids at the camp and the guy who had a mustache that lead a group to the Supreme Court Building. And to see speaking in tounges and such was a blessing. I have prayed for tounges for my life.

As far as Harry Potter goes, or any book for that matter. I am of the opinion that if it has goodness in it, it is not all bad. Phillipians 4:8! And it is up to the parents, or other trusted adult, to teach what is the EVIL aspects in Potter, or any other book. Including Narnia or Lord of the Rings. Both written by Chirstian men. Narnia was written by CS Lewis who wrote Mere Christianity and Screwtape Letters.

I understand that CS Lewis claims to be a Christian and I am not one to judge him. I have done research on his biography and I was shocked as to some of the things I learned, but I am not here to rake C.S Lewis over the coals and he is a good writer but just like all believers we have a responsibility to live what we preach and if I believed once saved always saved then it might be different but just because he is gifted and wrote some good Christian books doesn

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

"Jesus Camp" honestly frightens me.

Mothers are teaching their kids that other "enemy" children that aren't Christian are all going to become suicide bombers or liberals. What's GOOD about that?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/11/1986

I had just seen the movie Jesus Camp and i was shocked about some of the things that were talked about in it.

Has anyone seen this movie? Thoughts?

I've seen it.... I was scared stiff.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The movie pissed me off!! Not because of the content, but because of how it was made. I think there was a definite slant in this movie to appeal to the secualr left and moderate/liberal Christians to be weary of the evangelical movement, but yet the filmmakers claim that the movie is even-handed and that the characters speak for themselves. However, if you pay close enough attention, you will see that the pov is not in the christians in the film, but in the editor. The thing that bugged me when I first saw it was that they used people who identify themselves as charasmatics to represent evangelicals. A charasmatic can be an evangelical, but we, as members of the Christian culture, know that there is a significant difference. And so much was left out. Extreme stuff was shown to the audience without explanation. I know what speaking in tongues is, I know what the phrase "God's army" means, and I know what a "dead church" is. The target audience does not.

When majority of the people who have seen this film get the impression that the children at this camp are taught to hate others and become little jihadist for Christ, then there is a definite bias. When a shot of a man talking bad about evangelicals is juxtaposed with a shot of children dancing in war paint to a worship song, do not tell me that there isn't a bias.

:laugh:

The movie pissed me off!! Not because of the content, but because of how it was made. I think there was a definite slant in this movie to appeal to the secular left and moderate/liberal Christians to be weary of the evangelical movement, but yet the filmmakers claim that the movie is even-handed and that the characters speak for themselves. However, if you pay close enough attention, you will see that the problem is not in the Christians in the film, but in the editor. The thing that bugged me when I first saw it was that they used people who identify themselves as charismatics to represent evangelicals. A charismatic can be an evangelical, but we, as members of the Christian culture, know that there is a significant difference. And so much was left out. Extreme stuff was shown to the audience without explanation. I know what speaking in tongues is, I know what the phrase "God's army" means, and I know what a "dead church" is. The target audience does not.

:thumbsup:

Welcome to Worthy Savan

You really must try to overcome your shyness and learn to speak your mind! :24::24::24:

I am honored to meet one of my sisters, a Princess Warrior to The King.

You wear your heart on your sleeve.

Bad enough to falsely attack adult Christians, now these reprobates are attacking our children.

Can't figure out why that would arouse the wrath of a Christian woman!

"Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake." (Luke 6:22)

Post Early, Post Often!

"Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand."

"Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;"

"And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;"

"Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked."

"And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:" (Ephesians 6:13-17)

Love, Joe

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I can see some of your points. I did not view this film from the perspective of a Non-Christian. But rather saw it in my now Saved Christian point of view. Perhaps I should re-visit it. YOu are correct in that some expanation is a good thing. Especially to Non-Believers.

I do not see anything wrong with people who identify themselves as Charismatics/Evangelicals. And I am not sure of what difference there is between them. I did not get the impression of young jihadists from this film. If anything ALL Christians can be labled as Jihadists. Just not of the Suicide Bomber variety. Considering the fact that there are no weapons in the film. Nor calls to violence. That is a good thing.

In a way we are ALL Jihadists for Jesus. On a Holy Crusade to win souls through love and truth. Rather than the traditional Jihadist who uses Hatred and Lies.