• Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Sounds like God gave you the answer :)

Thank you and yes.

This issue is so important to me because children are involved and the correct and incorrect teaching of them is at stake.

My morals were like a rock before I met my husband. All it took to lower them was one "teeny exception".

I can't undo lying to them, but I will never lie to them again, regardless of how much he protests.

This may sound like a joke to a non-believer but it is not - telling your child that Santa is real is still a lie.

Easter is coming up.

Every advertisement that came to my mailbox held no indication of the real reason we even have this holiday.

My house is a battlefield because I'm now standing fast to my decision to tell my children there is no Easter bunny, but tell them the true reason.

Even the grandparents are angry at me over this.

When I bow at the feet of my Lord and Savior one day, my conscience will be clean on this issue, I'm doing the right thing and not hiding behind the shadow of my husband's "orders".

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Sounds like God gave you the answer :)

Thank you and yes.

This issue is so important to me because children are involved and the correct and incorrect teaching of them is at stake.

My morals were like a rock before I met my husband. All it took to lower them was one "teeny exception".

I can't undo lying to them, but I will never lie to them again, regardless of how much he protests.

This may sound like a joke to a non-believer but it is not - telling your child that Santa is real is still a lie.

Easter is coming up.

Every advertisement that came to my mailbox held no indication of the real reason we even have this holiday.

My house is a battlefield because I'm now standing fast to my decision to tell my children there is no Easter bunny, but tell them the true reason.

When I bow at the feet of my Lord and Savior one day, my conscience will be clean on this issue, I'm doing the right thing and not hiding behind the shadow of my husband's "orders".

I stand with you in your strong commitment to raise your children in the truth of God's Word. I admire your sensitivity!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1

Sounds like God gave you the answer :emot-highfive:

Thank you and yes.

Easter is coming up.

I stand with you in your strong commitment to raise your children in the truth of God's Word. I admire your sensitivity!

Thank you.

I won't point fingers but I'm now being called "selfish" for my standing. This makes no sense to me.

The explaination was, "If the kids go to school and tell all the other children that there's no such thing as the Easter bunny, all the parents will be mad at my children and me and it will cause problems for them.".

This was the "tactic" used the last time and it will not work twice. I'm no longer persuaded by the "bandwagon" technique.

"Selfish" or not, a lie is a lie, and it lowers and weakens that part of the wall of God's Laws.

I let my children know it's ok to pretend, always keeping in mind reality from fantasy.

My son just lost a tooth and, unbelievably, I'm now the horrible mom for just trading the tooth for cash as opposed to lying and crediting the "magic" of the "Tooth Fairy".

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I think I also agree...submitting to my husband is one of THE HARDEST things i have ever had to learn how to do, yet at the same time one of the most joyous things. He treats me with respect and love. If I have an issue, he makes it clear he wants me to come to him (we often misunderstand the other due to different personalities.) You have to realize that your husband is your head. The only reason you don't have to obey him is if he tells you to go against God's word. If you don't like what he is watching on tv, that is HIS choice, not yours. I like what someone said, offer to do something with him. Also, there is power in a praying wife. he will see by your actions the light of God's word. I sometimes watch stuff I shouldnt. Just keep praying for him. I will also be praying for you. I also like what marnie said submission:hard. It isn't always easy. I have only been married 2 1/2 years and somedays i wonder what I got myself into. But on the same note, our husbands are a gift from the Lord. I know some people who have never met the one for them yet and they are much older than I am. Ok, so not sure if this makes sense...I love ya and am praying for you...

• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Thank you.

I won't point fingers but I'm now being called "selfish" for my standing. This makes no sense to me.

The explaination was, "If the kids go to school and tell all the other children that there's no such thing as the Easter bunny, all the parents will be mad at my children and me and it will cause problems for them.".

This was the "tactic" used the last time and it will not work twice. I'm no longer persuaded by the "bandwagon" technique.

"Selfish" or not, a lie is a lie, and it lowers and weakens that part of the wall of God's Laws.

I let my children know it's ok to pretend, always keeping in mind reality from fantasy.

My son just lost a tooth and, unbelievably, I'm now the horrible mom for just trading the tooth for cash as opposed to lying and crediting the "magic" of the "Tooth Fairy".

None:

Do you ever receive any literature from Josh McDowel and/or The Barna Research?

Josh wrote something in an article (may have been an excerpt from one of his books) where all the teens and young adults he has talked to and polled who were raised in a Christian family and Church, don't believe or fully believe all the tenents of Foundational Christ teachings because hypocrasy runs rampant in their home. This runs deep through the gambits but basically, their parents do not walk the talk of their own lips let alone Jesus' lips.

The Barna Research has basically come up with the same results in their research and much more. What we foundation our children with, will set their hearts for most of their life except Jesus intervenes somewhere. If we feed them falsehoods and lies, they will follow suit but, the studies show they increase and become more extreme in our children. This is like anything evil. All one has to do is read Genesis account of Cain. He murdered his brother but his grandson murdered and expected more favor (he saw God's protection on Cain as favorable) 70 times 7 fold.

The Barna Research also showed that in a statistical analysis, the children (males or females) tend to follow the "Spiritual Lead" of their fathers. A mother may be a beautiful Christian, going to Church all the time and taking the children with her to be sure they get a proper Christian raising but, if the father does not adhere or go or live in Christ, only a small percent will stay Christian as they get older. In fact, the percent is barely above children raised in a home where neither parents are believers. But, the percentage of young adults polled who were Christian and the Father lived and taught Christ in the home regardless of how the mother believed, rose significantly to high percentage. In comparing the homes where both parents Believed with the "Father only Believer" and the Mother was non-believing, no noticable differences.

This study is astounding but shows the importance that if a home has both parents, the dad really should be leading in All Truth and if he is not, he is endangering his children to fall short later as they enter adulthood. What you are doing is admirable to stand up for the Truth and not lie. If your husband and the Grandparents say they are Believers and call you selfish for destroying a lie at the onset, they lie to Christ and themselves and do more harm to the children. Truth is not selfish, their lies are at best patronizing for themselves only and show total selfishness and a lack of true generation in Christ.

Peter and John stood before the High Council and were ordered to not preach Jesus' Name. They said whether it be better to follow God or man, they [the Council] decide but the two of them were following God and His voice. And Jesus preached to submit to the rulers over us. Yes but, not if it compromises God's Word and Will.

Thanks, both of you, for replying once again.

I cannot stress enough how so many finer details have been left out. 8 years worth of details and I asked questions I knew my husband would allow me, based on his "faith" that I would be crucified for what I've said.

I like what someone said, offer to do something with him.

As I said, 8 years.

Do you ever receive any literature from Josh McDowel and/or The Barna Research?

I rarely have time to read these days. No. Just the Bible and taking care of my household.

Peter and John stood before the High Council and were ordered to not preach Jesus' Name. They said whether it be better to follow God or man, they [the Council] decide but the two of them were following God and His voice. And Jesus preached to submit to the rulers over us. Yes but, not if it compromises God's Word and Will.

That was exactly my point.

There are no easy answers here.

Here is a true story. The names have been omitted and some details have been changed to preserve privacy.

A man was driving his family on a very far trip. He was so stubborn, he refused to let anyone else drive except himself.

He fell asleep and drove off a cliff. His wife ended up in a wheelchair for life.

He left his wife after 5 years of living with her post-accident. He stated his reason for this was that she had "turned into a monster" and that she was impossible to live with anymore. She made him so miserable he could no longer bear to look at her. He claimed that she would always complain about his outings(which he did anyway, whenever he wanted) and that she sometimes spoke to her sister more than she spoke to him. They had a son together which he saw every weekend. The son was faithful and true to his mother, something the man couldn't figure out the reasons for.

The woman, to this day, still loves this man and wants him back.

The moral is, there are always two sides to every story. There are always left-out details.

Never make a judgement. You are not God.

Just answer the question.

Christian submission does not equal abuse - mental, physical, sexual,emotional.

Many a woman has been subjected to abuse under the "guise" of submission.

Firstly it's a bit hypocritical to ask Christian submission of you when he clearly doesn't observe the obedience of the Living Word himself.

Christian submission ALWAYS has the boundaries of - RESPECT.

I was in this situation myself once I became a Christian. My partner was not and still is not a Christian. God made it clear to me, I had to part ways with him,( which I did nearly 5 years ago)- it also was having a detrimental effect on our 4 sons.

Everyones situation is different and God takes into consideration these differences.

There are serious issues here. I would seek help from a marriage counselor or Pastor. Put your trust in God and continue to pray. God Blessx

"Finer details" can mean anything. Please don't put any words in my mouth that I never said.

I would seek help from a marriage counselor or Pastor.

That didn't work.

Many a woman has been subjected to abuse under the "guise" of submission.

Firstly it's a bit hypocritical to ask Christian submission of you when he clearly doesn't observe the obedience of the Living Word himself.

From everything I've been seeing lately, the slope this society is angled, the only thing we as Christians can do is point others in the right direction. We can't "save" everyone but we should at least stand out from the croud(the croud of vipers) and comfort those in need.

I'm sorry about what happened to you, Inj. Thank you for your kind words.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Given an "unequally yoked" marriage, which Jesus warned us not to do, a Christian, man or woman, will have to go by God's laws set in their hearts and use that to judge each and every "command" given by their spouse, being careful not to be persuaded, as Solomon was, towards the ways of the world.

Shalom None,

I am glad that you sought the L-rd and got your answer.

I am however, concerned at your conclusion, for that is not what I see in the Scriptures.

Even if your husband is not saved or not acting as a Christian, you are not in a position to disregard his commands.

If your husband is not a Christian, you are to love him into the Kingdom. And you cannot fault him for not living as a Christian since you say he is not one. He cannot be held to these standards.

You are to submit to him whether he is a Christian or not. He is your authority in the L-rd. And unless he is commanding you to sin against G-d, you are sinning if you disobey your husband, no matter HOW good your intentions are to behave as a Christian. G-d wants obedience from you as a wife, rather than telling your children that Santa is not real. The more important action here is obedience to G-d by obedience to your husband.

The Scriptures say that the marriage between a man and wife are a picture of Jesus and His Bride. I would encourage you to mediate on that before disobeying your hubby in these matters.

Consider these Scriptures, this first verse says it so plainly, there is no question:

1 Peter 3

1 In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,

2 as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.

3(D)Your adornment must not be merely external--braiding the hair, and wearing gold jewelry, or putting on dresses;

4but let it be (E)the hidden person of the heart, with the imperishable quality of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is precious in the sight of God.

5For in this way in former times the holy women also, (F)who hoped in God, used to adorn themselves, being submissive to their own husbands;

6just as Sarah obeyed Abraham, (G)calling him lord, and you have become her children if you do what is right (H)without being frightened by any fear.

7(I)You husbands in the same way, live with your wives in an understanding way, as with (J)someone weaker, since she is a woman; and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life, so that your prayers will not be hindered.

8To sum up, (K)all of you be harmonious, sympathetic, (L)brotherly, (M)kindhearted, and (N)humble in spirit;

9(O)not returning evil for evil or (P)insult for insult, but giving a (Q)blessing instead; for ®you were called for the very purpose that you might (S)inherit a blessing.

10For,

"(T)THE ONE WHO DESIRES LIFE, TO LOVE AND SEE GOOD DAYS,

MUST KEEP HIS TONGUE FROM EVIL AND HIS LIPS FROM SPEAKING DECEIT.

11"(U)HE MUST TURN AWAY FROM EVIL AND DO GOOD;

HE MUST SEEK PEACE AND PURSUE IT.

12"(V)FOR THE EYES OF THE LORD ARE TOWARD THE RIGHTEOUS,

AND HIS EARS ATTEND TO THEIR PRAYER,

BUT THE FACE OF THE LORD IS AGAINST THOSE WHO DO EVIL."

13(W)Who is there to harm you if you prove zealous for what is good?

14But even if you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, you are blessed AND DO NOT FEAR THEIR INTIMIDATION, AND DO NOT BE TROUBLED,

1 Corinthians 7

13And a woman who has an unbelieving husband, and he consents to live with her, she must not send her husband away.

14For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.

15Yet if the unbelieving one leaves, let him leave; the brother or the sister is not under bondage in such cases, but God has called us (M)to peace.

16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?

17Only, (O)as the Lord has assigned to each one, as God has called each, in this manner let him walk And (P)so I direct in (Q)all the churches.

18Was any man called when he was already circumcised? He is not to become uncircumcised. Has anyone been called in uncircumcision? ®He is not to be circumcised.

19(S)Circumcision is nothing, and uncircumcision is nothing, but what matters is (T)the keeping of the commandments of God.

20(U)Each man must remain in that condition in which he was called.

21Were you called while a slave? Do not worry about it; but if you are able also to become free, rather do that.

22For he who was called in the Lord while a slave, is (V)the Lord's freedman; likewise he who was called while free, is (W)Christ's slave.

23(X)You were bought with a price; do not become slaves of men.

24Brethren, (Y)each one is to remain with God in that condition in which he was called.