• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Doobie-doobie-do!

According to 1 Peter 4:18, the righteous are scarcely saved.

According to 2 Peter 1:9, only our past sins have been forgiven when we are a Christian.

According to 1 John 1:9, we must confess our sins in order to be forgiven for them.

According to John 10 and Romans 8, we do have security in Christ.

But when we wander away from Christ, we are no longer under the promises of His protection.

1 Peter 4:18...but they are saved

2 Peter 1:9..you are using one verse to make a doctrinal constant without paying attention to context..which will result in a pretext as you have done.

This meaning is not that only your old sins are the thing forgiven, the context is describing the saved condition and a how a saints walk should proceed. Remember that we are cleansed from sin in a spiritual sense, that is; the spirit is upon re-birth forever sin-free, covered by the redemption of the Lord Jesus' blood. The flesh will still sin, and therefore suffer the physical death; but the spirit that is re-born HAS eternal life.

1John 1:9..It does not say we must confess our sins in order to be forgiven for them, BUT does sayIF we confess... ...This action bya saint is a fruit of being born of God

1John 2:29...If you know that He is righteous, you know that everyone who practices righteousness is born of Him.

Wander away? and loose protection?

How can you undo what God has done, and stop Him from finishing His creation?

Phil 1:5-6..."for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, (6)being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ."

Jude 24..."Now to Him who is able to keep you from falling, and present you faultless Before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest shiloh357

My heart longs for people to see that people do not go to Hell for what they do, but for what they are. They need to understand that the cross deals with sin (singular). The blood of Jesus deals with sins (plural). We go to Hell because of sin, not because of sins. Sins in the plural, is a reference acts of disobedience to the Will of God. Sin in the singular is a reference to the power of sin, or the sin principle. That is what you are justified from, and that is what will send you to Hell if you are not saved. In the first 8 chapters of Romans we see that 1:1-5:11 deals with sins. From 5:12- 8:39 Paul deals with sin. The first 41/2 chapters are talking also about the work of the blood, and the last 3 1/2 chapters deal with the work of the cross. I recommend Watchman Nee's "The Normal Christian Life." It is excellent. It is a meaty exposition of Romans 8.

When we understand that it is the work of the cross that saves us, we can see that the only way for one to resaved would be for Jesus to be recrucified. That point is made in Hebrews 10. I also look at that controversial passage in Hebrews 6 in the same way as well.

For some people, getting saved is like filling out an application, and you don't know until you die whether or not God accepted your application for salvation.

Shiloh...I really like that about the "application"! ;)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  432
  • Birthday:  04/26/1962

I do not think that I have been on a single Christian message board in the entire Internet where OSAS is not being debated. <sigh>

IMHO, it must be the single most divisive topic among Christians in the world. Each side has scripture that proves his or her take on it, and will never change the mind of the other side.

I do believe Titus:3-9 tells us to avoid foolish controversies and disputes.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

I might add that this verse does not say to work for "your salvation." "Work out" in greek means to "demonstrate. Our lives are to be a demonstratiobn of our salvation. We are not working to keep it as so many have tried to say and use this verse to prove.

So would you have us to believe that God can't communicate to us in English. After all you know, The Holy spirit wrote all the language interpretations. Or perhaps you don't believe what Paul say's about finishing the race. Just a few of the many ways that tell us that salvation is a process and that we are in a process that must be completed befor we will enter His Kingdom.

And who is the one that completes this "process"....which is a guarentee in scriptures?

Clue.....it's not the saint.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

I do not think that I have been on a single Christian message board in the entire Internet where OSAS is not being debated. <sigh>

Yes. You are right.

But nobody taught OSAS for 1,500 years and now all of a sudden we are supposed to believe it? :x:

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  885
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  02/19/1960

Some Calvinists claim that they do not know if a newborn baby goes to heaven or hell. This concept of election is a reproach on the character of God reflected in His moral law. Innocent babies have not rejected the gospel. Their later rejection or receiving of Christ determines their destiny, not the 'will of God.'