• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

The key to it is being led of the Holy Spirit. In fact the key to any walk with the Lord is to be led of His Spirit.

And the fact that there are so many diverse doctrines, many advocating positions opposed to others, tells us there are many who believe they are led of the Spirit, but in fact are not.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

The key to it is being led of the Holy Spirit. In fact the key to any walk with the Lord is to be led of His Spirit.

And the fact that there are so many diverse doctrines, many advocating positions opposed to others, tells us there are many who believe they are led of the Spirit, but in fact are not.

We are imperfect vessels trying to conceive of the perfect. We are only correct in as much as we are yielded to the Spirit who reveals all truth

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

We are imperfect vessels trying to conceive of the perfect. We are only correct in as much as we are yielded to the Spirit who reveals all truth

We are vessels made by the master's hand - some for honour, some for dishonour, perfectly fitted to the purpose for which we are made. And how can one be yielded to the Spirit who has not even been given the Spirit?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

guided solely by the Holy Spirit and had only the Word of God to teach from
if this were the case then I would have to say the Word would be basically the same if as you say
They are both totally dependant on the Holy Spirit to understand the Word of God
as in totally dependant

Point.....

A long story with meticulous qualifiers

Simple answer

With God behind it, you can take it to the bank!

Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

The two missionaries were send by The Living God to bring The Light of The Lord Jesus Christ to a lost and dying peoples.

Because this was God's Work, The Gospel of Jesus went forth in Truth (The Holy Bible) and in Spirit (The Holy Spirit) and with power (The Holy Spirit)!

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints." (1 Corinthians 14:33)

And Joe, your point is?

:th_praying:

Point.....Because of.....

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" (John 15:26)

And......Because of.....

"Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual." (1 Corinthians 2:13)

And......Because of.....

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him." (1 John 2:27)

Point.....

Left Bank Thank You Lord

Right Bank Thank You Lord

Both Banks Thank You Jesus, We adore You Lord, Come Quickly Lord Jesus, Come Quickly!

"For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified." (1 Corinthians 2:2)

Point.....

Left Bank Jesus!

Right Bank Jesus!

Both Banks Jesus! Jesus! Jesus!

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;" (Ephesians 5:19)

Point......

Left Bank Hallelujah!

Right Bank Hallelujah!

Both Banks Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

"O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph."

"For the LORD most high is terrible; he is a great King over all the earth." (Psalms 47:1-2)

Wonderful story, tell me another.

Love, Joe

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God is great all the time and in every way.

If he sent 2 missionaries to the base of the amazon, I'm sure he would work it out.

Our hearts are by nature heretical. So then truth is all about revelation from God that coresponds with His Word and character. He will never contradict himself. He is not the author of confusion.

God would make it work.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

Our hearts are by nature heretical. So then truth is all about revelation from God that coresponds with His Word and character. He will never contradict himself. He is not the author of confusion.

God would make it work.

I am definitely encouraged by the fact that many of the posters on this thread "got" the point that was being made, namely if the Holy Spirit is the ONLY source of knowledge a human can draw on to undersrtand the Word of God, then 2 or 200 individuals (or more) drawing on the wisdom of the Holy Spirit for their understanding (and nothing else, no traditions, doctrines, etc.) would all teach the same things from God's Word. In other words, there would no difference in what was being taught apart from the personalities of the individuals God would use to share His Word with so they could share it with others. The Bible itself is mute testimony to this principle in practice. The Old Testament took centuries to write and God used numerous individuals to accomplish His task, yet there is no disagreement in the Old Testament between the writers on the message God gave them. The New Testament took only one century, but again several authors were used by God and none of them disagreed with the other writers, since ALL of the writers were writing as the Holy Spirit taught them.

Now, just what does this say about all the traditions and denominational doctrines that are constantly being displayed on this and other boards? Where is the Holy Spirit in any of the heated exchanges that occur between individuals? Take it one step further, where was the Holy Spirit when the various denominations were formed? When we post on these boards, are we led by the Holy Spirit or by our own fleshly passions and desires?

These are just some more points to ponder.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Remember, Biblicist, I stipulated that neither missionary had any doctrines or traditions to fall back on. All they had to teach them was the Holy Spirit. All of the posters on this board, as well as other boards, come to the boards with their own filter pack through which they view the situation. These hypothetical missionaries had no filter packs at all to look through, only the Holy Spirit and what He revealed.

Looking at this through my rose colored glasses, it all looks pretty rosy to me. :P

1Co

Guest Biblicist
Remember, Biblicist, I stipulated that neither missionary had any doctrines or traditions to fall back on. All they had to teach them was the Holy Spirit. All of the posters on this board, as well as other boards, come to the boards with their own filter pack through which they view the situation. These hypothetical missionaries had no filter packs at all to look through, only the Holy Spirit and what He revealed.

Looking at this through my rose colored glasses, it all looks pretty rosy to me. :21:

1Co 1:26

For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

1Co 1:27

But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

1Co 1:28

And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

1Co 1:29

That no flesh should glory in his presence.

:P