• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

According to God's Word, our tithe is to be given to the storehouse, which is your local church.

Of course if you studied your bible, you would know that the whole tithe only made it to the storehouse once every 3 years.
The tithe is my firstfruits. I happen to have firstfruits twice a month!
Of course if you studied your bible, you would know that first fruits were only given once a year, and that they were a separate gift from the tithe. The tithe, first fruits, and offerings were separate gifts in the OT. But of course we've taken what we want out of the bible and combined first fruits and tithes. Tithes were a gift that was counted, first fruits were a separate gift that was qualified. It is clear that if we should obey OT giving commands that God would not be pleased with our first fruit tithing. It didn't matter how ugly, sick, torn up, small, or week, the tithe product was, because it was counted one out of every ten. The bad wasn't taken out of the counting, nor the good taken out.

All I know is that the Lord wants me to give Him 10% of all I earn and all am given off the top, and bring it to His storehouse, my local church body. When I do that, He takes care of my needs and blesses me abundantly. No question about that. It is the only instruction in scripture where God asks us to test Him in it. I did. He is faithful!

Those who refuse, miss out on that special blessing.

But, I digress. This thread was not supposed to be a debate, but rather advice was requested.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  28
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

But, I digress. This thread was not supposed to be a debate, but rather advice was requested.
well you shouldn't have gave wrong advice. i guess this ends my comments on this thread

well you shouldn't have gave wrong advice. i guess this ends my comments on this thread

Good thing, because my advice was great!

Now was ugliness really called for here?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Well since we are no longer under the tithe law your good to go! :whistling:

How do you figure we're not under the tithe law??? Where in Scripture does it say that??? Even Jesus tithed. Even Paul tithed.

Show me Scripture that says we're not under the tithing law. Please.

Anita

I have nothing against someone giving a tithe by faith. I think that God will bless it but for the one who does not, he is not under a curse like so many money preachers would try to teach. We have been redeemed from the curse of the law and Paul never tried to put the burden of tithe on gentiles. Could you imagine that? According to modern false teaching you have to pay a tithe off the top of your income, that would have trown about half the early church into debters prison. They would have lost their family to slavery just to try and pay tithe.

The only command in the New Test concerning giving of our money is.......1 Cor 16:1Now about the collection for God's people: Do what I told the Galatian churches to do. 2On the first day of every week, each one of you should set aside a sum of money in keeping with his income, saving it up, so that when I come no collections will have to be made.

If your gonna force someone to pay a tithe, why not make them get circumcised or honor sabbath days or make them quit eating meat.

So set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income the 1st day of the week and you'll be fine! :rolleyes:

So set aside a sum of money in keeping with your income the 1st day of the week and you'll be fine!

Says you! :whistling: Be very careful what you propogate as fine! Your belief has nothing to do with faith. It is a feel-good message and is not what God wants. You cannot go around teaching people do do what you yourself do because you have convinced yourself it is a good excuse NOT to tithe.

I know I was indeed living under a curse when I couldn't tithe and so comforted myself with the idea that I need only give as I was able. Wrong.

However, I would never tell someone they have to tithe, either. It is a practice decided upon only by coming to that place by the Holy Spirit's leading. If you do not tithe, I suggest you not refuse to, but seek the Lord's leading...furthermore--never teach NOT to tithe. It is God's job to enlighten in that area.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

How is the church to pay its bills if people don't tithe? That's what it's for. If everyone tithed only if they could "afford to" after paying their bills, no one would. I take my tithe off the top, before taxes, and God has always taken care of my financial needs. If I can, I give more for offerings.

If a Pastor would preach Christ and him crucified without all the burdens being placed on the backs of God's people, they would give over their tithe.............ya see.......if we say we owe God 10 % we are ripping him off........we owe him everything we are.......we have been Bought by the Blood of Jesus............now under the new we present ourselves a living sacrifice!!

How is the church to pay its bills if people don't tithe? That's what it's for. If everyone tithed only if they could "afford to" after paying their bills, no one would. I take my tithe off the top, before taxes, and God has always taken care of my financial needs. If I can, I give more for offerings.

Look.......if that's where your faith is then do it and be blessed :whistling:

If a Pastor would preach Christ and him crucified without all the burdens being placed on the backs of God's people, they would give over their tithe.............ya see.......if we say we owe God 10 % we are ripping him off........we owe him everything we are.......we have been Bought by the Blood of Jesus............now under the new we present ourselves a living sacrifice!!

Our pastors preach Christ crucified and risen and alive in us through the working of the Holy Spirit. They would be remiss in not promoting the deeper life of faith and obedience and the trust in God for everything we have and need.

10% is nothing! It is nothing compared to the benefit! He gets my all and only 10% of my eathly earnings? What a good deal! It's all His anyway, so 10% is easy. Living on 90% is a blessing! His yoke is never too hard.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

God's math is different than ours. His 90% can go a lot farther than our 100%