What do you know about panic attacks?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

It doesn't matter whether you are Baptist, Pentecostoal or Catholic, Jesus' Word is all that matters and it's His Words, not man's. I don't know if you believe The Bible (some do , some believe what they are told or taught) but, Jesus dealt with very real demons in His day. Showed and told just who and what they are. Asked them their names and they had to obey and answer. They were and are real.

We have subjugated His Word as a society believing our medical sciences and advances have a better answer calling the very demons Jesus dealt with "medical problems" or "anomalies" fixable by our pharmacuetical and bio sciences. We could never be further from the Truth. Most "mind drugs" (and that is what they are) bend the brains synapsis and neural transmitting to abnormal waves and in-balances to correct yet, I have never seen anyone cured by these medications....addicted, controlled (at times, not always) and even died from them but, never cured by them.

These are the last days and Jesus said satan (and his ilk) would be running and roaring more than they were back in His time. Your son needs Jesus and His deliverance. We will pray for him and put him in our Daily list. But consider finding Jesus for real and not in Religion.

That is what your son needs.

AMEN Brother!!!

We all want a quick fix.. Most of our chemical imbalances are from our emotional issues.

But instead of addressing our issues we subdue them with meds.

Just like what illegal drug addicts do...

We are in a dangerous time.

I don't agree that all of us just want a quick fix. It took a total crash for me to get help and the crash was not in a positive light at all. I do not agree that most of our chemical imbalances are from our emotional issues. As chemical imbalances are physical ones I am a diabetic and most people might not know it but insulin is a hormone and my body does not make enough and this is totally hereditary as it runs in my family. My emotional issues has nothing to do with it. I have a problem with salt also as it causes a chemical reaction in my body and it causes me to swell up and I have to take medicine to counteract this chemical reaction to salt it has nothing to do with emotional issues it's just a problem I got to deal with.

I don't think you can pass this kind of judgment upon everyone as even those with mental disorders alot of them are hereditary. But I don't see you as a qualified medical doctor in this field. Sure people have emotional issues in life but they aren't all linked to chemical imbalances that is a big stretch to say the least.

oc

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

AMEN Brother!!!

We all want a quick fix.. Most of our chemical imbalances are from our emotional issues.

But instead of addressing our issues we subdue them with meds.

Just like what illegal drug addicts do...

We are in a dangerous time.

I don't agree that all of us just want a quick fix. It took a total crash for me to get help and the crash was not in a positive light at all. I do not agree that most of our chemical imbalances are from our emotional issues. As chemical imbalances are physical ones I am a diabetic and most people might not know it but insulin is a hormone and my body does not make enough and this is totally hereditary as it runs in my family. My emotional issues has nothing to do with it. I have a problem with salt also as it causes a chemical reaction in my body and it causes me to swell up and I have to take medicine to counteract this chemical reaction to salt it has nothing to do with emotional issues it's just a problem I got to deal with.

I don't think you can pass this kind of judgment upon everyone as even those with mental disorders alot of them are hereditary. But I don't see you as a qualified medical doctor in this field. Sure people have emotional issues in life but they aren't all linked to chemical imbalances that is a big stretch to say the least.

oc

Sorry, I disagree with you. There is a ministry in Georgia that has tremendous results dealing with all the chemical imbalances. It is by addressing emotional issues and generational (heretary) issues.

Check out some of the testimonies on the site.

http://www.beinhealth.com/testimonies.html

I would reccommend you get a copy of his book, "A more excellent way" Pastor Henry Wright..

http://www.pleasantvalleychurch.net/

http://www.healingtruth.org/

or you can keep on believing the way you do..

Your Choice,

Blessings Karen

BTW~Jesus was not a qualified physician either.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  161
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/13/1934

Panic attacks aren't something I know much about, outside of my studying about them in college as part of my BA in psychology. But that was 42 years ago and the memory is a bit fuzzy. Then, about a year ago, while cleaning up in the bathroom, I felt rather "funny". The cable guy was there installing cable when I came out of the bathroom. He asked me if I was feeling right since I didn't look so hot. He had been a medic in the Army and he was concerned about the state of my health. By this time, I was definitely short of breath and began experiencing the symptoms of a heart attack. 911 was called an in the ambulance, the medic kept asking me if I was having a panic attack. I told him I didn't know since I've never had a panic attack before. At the hospital, they hooked me up to an EKG machine and quickly determined that I was not hacing a heart attack, so the doctor gave me an anti-anxiety medication and the pain, discomfort, and assorted symptoms went away.

I learned some valuable lessons from my one and only brush with panic attacks. First, I found out that the attacks are quite real and they do induce severe panic that cannot be seen by those on the outside looking at you. The attack itself is really quite hellish and you are convinced that you could easily die from this situation, which just increases the intensity of the panic. You have no idea why this attack is happening and that also increases the volume of panic. During the attack, you are really in a hellish condition as you are being tormented for no reason that you know of and this loss of control and knowledge just increases both the length and intensity of the panic attack.

My brief encounter with a full-blown panic attack taught me that this definitely not a good way to live. My attack was rather brief, lasting only a few hours before it was controlled by meds, yet that was some of the most hellish time I have spent in my life. I cannot even conceive in my mind how life is for those who suffer panic attacks daily. But I do know this, their life is no Sunday stroll through the park! My heart goes out to those who must bear the burden of continuous, if not constant, panic attacks. However, I do know that my Lord will not only see you through, but will actually heal you of those hellish periods of time you go through.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

I can really sympathise with you on this one. While I havent had them a good friend suffers with them terribly. He had one in the car on the freeway and tried to punch his way out of the car! :laugh:

The can be brought on by large amounts of stress as well as insufficient sleep and a variety of other things. My suggestion would be to take your son to a doctor and if its not medical then a therapist.

Lots of people get all upset when I mention therapy but there is nothing wrong with it. I spent many years with my "shrink" and it turned my life around.

I will be praying!

Sean

:emot-questioned: