• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  582
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1970

Hi,

We have had this discussion about bibles several times, but I'll say again, that I use ONLY the King James version, and it for the very reason that you said.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do u mean by altered?  the original was in hebrew and greek anyway so of course it was altered into old english, which isn't understood by most people these days and is why the original hebrew and greek is again translated into a medium we can all understand.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  553

I apologise, I cannot find the verse nor remember it accurately, but it is written that whatsoever is of the king, or ordered by the king, shall prosper, or be blessed -- something like that.  That would mean that the King James Bible is blessed, regardless of just who King James was.  Additionally, it was THE only English Bible for hundreds of years -- surely God wouldn't have it be in existence alone if it weren't an accurate translation.  I also believe it was put together specifically to Tyndale's prayer, "Lord, open the king's eyes."

The King James version was the first Bible I ever read cover to cover, and whenever I had trouble understanding something in it, it wasn't because of the Old English, it was because the spiritual lesson contained in the text was too hard for me to discern. I have found that praying for wisdom, knowledge, and understanding before I read is a good thing.

I will say this, too:  I have attended lots of Bible studies, and sometimes there is something in my Bible that has been taken out of other attendee's Bibles.  That speaks volumes to me.

• Group:  Diamond Member

well...true under the Mosaic economy...the King when led by God would have the blessings given to his decrees.  To extend this into the new covenant...to England...to an evil King...is a bit of a stretch.   The KJV-onlys should take an English history class.    But it doesn't really matter.  The KJV could have been named anything.  The only thing that matters are the hebrew/greek texts that the TRANSLATION is based upon.  I only post that for those who what to decry the evil Westcott and Hoyt.  

- Steve

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  633
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  06/05/1953

Journey:

I suggest some deeper prayer and study on the "King James" controversy.  That accusation that he was homosexual has been proven to be a LIE.  You have posted that in two forums that I know of now and cannot back it up.  Are you Catholic?  It was that perverse religion that started that lie to discredit him because he was highly anti-catholic and against Rome's control over kings and kingdoms.

God Bless.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

My mom gave me the coolest Bible, it has 4 translations side by side on each page so you can compare each to the other verse by verse. When you do that, it gives an even deeper understanding of each passage. :thumb:

I'm going to buy next "The Message", which has no verse #s in it; it reads just like a BOOK.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

:noidea:

I use 3 Bible translations, The King James, The Living Bible-paraphrased by Tyndale, and The Amplified Bible. I do need to get a Bible dictionary and a Bible concordance for study help. Some verses in the King James use early english words from the year 1611. So if I don't understand a verse I'll go to The Living Bible, or the Amplified Bible for better understanding of that particular verse.       :D

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  396
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  09/26/1961

That's exactly what I love about my study bible. I don't have to open another book or even turn a page to see what the different translations are! :thumb:

RCruise,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

The only translations that I REFUSE to read are the NIV and the New Living Translation (or the "plain English" versions).  I also do not particularly care much for the new Hollman Standard Christian Version.

The ones I prefer are KJV, RSV, ASV (not NASV), and RcV.