IGNORED

Coffee first, cat second!

Guest HIS girl

This is a serious question. :noidea:

When we are told to think of others first and to not overlook those in need, does this include animals?...don't laugh!

I ask this because when I get up in the morning, my poor cat is meowing for food and I want to have MY coffee FIRST and I have satisfied myself first before the cat on many occasions.

I was talking to my sister about it (she's also a Christian) and she said she would feed the cat first before her morning cuppa. I felt guilty and nasty.

It may seem trivial but it does make you think. Just because the cat's an animal, should I treat it as inferior and make it wait.....? :24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,390
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

This is a serious question. :noidea:

When we are told to think of others first and to not overlook those in need, does this include animals?...don't laugh!

I ask this because when I get up in the morning, my poor cat is meowing for food and I want to have MY coffee FIRST and I have satisfied myself first before the cat on many occasions.

I was talking to my sister about it (she's also a Christian) and she said she would feed the cat first before her morning cuppa. I felt guilty and nasty.

It may seem trivial but it does may you think. Just because the cat's an animal, should I consider it inferior and make it wait.....? :24:

HI inj,

I say feed you cat first.

When we were raising sheep every morning at 5:00 am sheep had to eat and every night at 5:00 pm. (They knew to the minute! and you'd hear about it if late ,too!) Animals have inner clocks and know when it is time to eat. Also you show yourself to be a good leader to your pet by being on time, and they will respect you more.

I don't know if you have dogs...but the respect is vital especially in dogs, if we show lateness or lack, they feel they should be leader of the pack, (and won't obey so well) by the way if anyone has a dog I suggest reading a book called: "Leader Of The Pack" . It is great!

Try a week on a farm :24: or a ranch, The animals are fed first, it is good animalcare. You'll see what I mean.

Also, talk to your animals and you will know them. The have many ways to communicate and make alot of effort and watch us, Cats make about 113 sounds and have somethings like 37 muscles in their ears. Amazing creatures! God made wonderful living creatures!

God Bless,

elkie

Guest Biblicist

Don't feel guilty, lnj. Cat's are self serving and meow just to make you feel bad. I have had many many cats in my life. Just remember, dogs have owners, cats have staff. :noidea:

If it's really that bad put out some dry food at night before going to bed and then the cat will not be sup hungry first thing in the morning. We have one cat who meows all the time. She is part Siamese and very vocal. This other cat we had was a meower. Goodness, even if he had just eaten he would come in the kitchen and bug me for more food. He was just "talking" to me. In fact he would "talk" to me till I finally sat down and let him sit on my chest for a nap. Maybe your cat is just "talking" to you cause it was lonely all night. :24:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,799
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I talk to my pets. And they are a bit spoiled. But they have been known to have to wait a little bit to get their food. (Big hint here. Feed them at night or they might wake you up earlier than you want them to, just to be fed.) Waiting a half hour or so for food doesnt hurt them, not the way my pets are spoiled. We shower them with attention, so they know they are pampered darlings.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  588
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  03/06/1967

I used to feed my cat while I was waiting for the kettle to boil...but that was after I feed the kids.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I think it's a good idea to feed the cat first. It only takes a few minutes. Then he's content so you can drink your cofee in peace.

I have dry food in a continuous feeder, so I don't have that problem. They get wet food as a treat sometimes. I've had cats all my life and I just read that cats will "graze" all day long, eating as many as 20 small meals. Then I did notice that my cats don't eat much at one time, but do eat often.

My mom did it best. Her cats got wet food in the morning and at night, and she left dry food out for in between.

I've had cats all my life and I just read that cats will "graze" all day long, eating as many as 20 small meals.

Thanks for everyones advice. I appreciate it. :noidea:

I never knew cats grazed....I will do what your Mum does.

Guest Biblicist
I think it's a good idea to feed the cat first. It only takes a few minutes. Then he's content so you can drink your cofee in peace.

I have dry food in a continuous feeder, so I don't have that problem. They get wet food as a treat sometimes. I've had cats all my life and I just read that cats will "graze" all day long, eating as many as 20 small meals. Then I did notice that my cats don't eat much at one time, but do eat often.

My mom did it best. Her cats got wet food in the morning and at night, and she left dry food out for in between.

Allowing my cats to "graze" all day long has created two fat cats. I have to portion out their food, a small amount of canned in the morning and some dry at night. Some cats eat more like dogs, continuing to eat till the food is gone then looking for more. I think my cats believe they are dogs.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  19
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

This is a serious question. :whistling:

It may seem trivial but it does make you think. Just because the cat's an animal, should I treat it as inferior and make it wait.....? :noidea:

Grab you coffee and feed the cat at the same time. just make sure you are awake enough that you don't drink the cat food and feed the coffee to the cat.

on the serious side. Feed the cat first.