• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So, uh... where's all that "speaking the truth in Love" I hear so much about?

Look... I know I'm new here, but seriously...

Why even bother wasting all the words? Just copy and paste "No! I'm smarter than you!" and call it good.

if people have a bone to pick with each other, send emails or PMs... but work it out. As Axe has rightly said, the last two pages of crap I've been reading are nowhere in the vicinity of "edifying".

All we did was ask for her to give scriptural support. This brought about a massive outburst.

Think about it - if someone gets offended when you ask for scriptural support, do they really have any?

Yes they do. Asking for scriptural backing is not offensive.

Then why didn't you give me any scripture? :whistling: Instead, you went on insulting me...and I didn't respond to it. I reported it.

Sister, please, check your attitude and hatred at the door. We asked for a very simple thing - give us scripture to defend your claims. You came back attacking us. That's not fair, is it? Saying, "read your Bible" and "there's scripture" isn't enough. I do read the Bible, but I've never found anything in it that you are claiming. I was asking what scripture you use so we could evaluate the interpretation, that is all.

There was no need to insult. I'll be praying for you and your bitterness toward us. Whatever I did, I apologize, I did not mean to upset you in this thread. I hope God speaks to your heart on this issue.

I forgive you. Can you forgive me? I am retiring for the night and will respond tomorrow.

Not a problem. I look forward to your response. Especially the scriptures that state that God shows up specifically in a church building.

OK, but never said a church building specifically! He inhabits the praises of His people.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

OK, but never said a church building specifically! He inhabits the praises of His people.

Agreed, but then we have to define praise. Why would we gain a special protection when praising in a church building and not, say, praising Him while doing the dishes? If seizures will occur no matter what (as you have observed), why would the local matter?

Likewise, if a person who has epilepsy walks into a church service knowing that he can get seizures from strobe lights, how is it different from a person who walked into a church service indenting to drink poison, believing God will keep him safe? Both have potential negative consequences and both are intentional.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

So, uh... where's all that "speaking the truth in Love" I hear so much about?

Look... I know I'm new here, but seriously...

Why even bother wasting all the words? Just copy and paste "No! I'm smarter than you!" and call it good.

if people have a bone to pick with each other, send emails or PMs... but work it out. As Axe has rightly said, the last two pages of crap I've been reading are nowhere in the vicinity of "edifying".

All we did was ask for her to give scriptural support. This brought about a massive outburst.

Think about it - if someone gets offended when you ask for scriptural support, do they really have any?

I'm specifically not getting caught up in this. :24:

Then why did you post concerning this issue? :24:

A good rule of thumb is to avoid walking into a fight, trying to solve it, then say you're not a part of it. :emot-fail:

Perhaps I should have said that, as per my whole point, I was not taking sides.

I just saw something that didn't show God's kingdom in a light He would approve of, and thought I should mention it. :taped:

In any event, the nastiness has died down. :24:

Edited by rtwo

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

From our Terms of Service;

Debate the subject, not the person. It is possible to disagree about a doctrine or subject under discussion without insulting the person with whom you are debating. Also remember that the fact that a person disagrees with you does not mean they are attacking you as a person. Respect each other in the love of God! This is the main reason that threads get stopped, shut down, and even deleted! Users that cannot respect others will be banned. (Lev. 19:18)

:emot-highfive: