IGNORED

My Church the nightclub

Butler

While I agree that people can start Churches I know that we are not ready for that one! :emot-hug:

What about just an informal gathering?

Bible study.

Where 2 or more are gathered in My name....

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  86
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/28/1982

Oh we do that. We actually do that alot.

The problem is that my friends believe that the church is going in the right direction. Well some of them at least. Actually it will be interesting to hear what everyone has to say.

Sean

Oh we do that. We actually do that alot.

Sean

I would continue down this road. ( bible studies )

I don't believe the church will listen to your concern's....they have too much money invested. They're not going to backpeddle because it will make them look confused and unorganized.

Your best bet is to just walk away.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

If it is all done as unto the Lord, then it's fine! God loves a worshiping heart and He blesses a worshiping church! Our leaders, if they want to bring us up higher in worship, then follow them as the Lord would have you do.

If it is all done as unto the Lord, then it's fine! God loves a worshiping heart and He blesses a worshiping church! Our leaders, if they want to bring us up higher in worship, then follow them as the Lord would have you do.

I agree that God loves a worshiping heart. Im also sure that God enjoys loud music (He seems to love SHOUTS of praise) but Im beginning to believe that music is a kind of magnet to attract the youth. What ever happened on relying on God. I guess we all have to use our talents that God gave us but Im still not convinced.

My question is still this. When did Church start being about bigger and better?

Sean

We have a live band at church and a dance team. They are all spirit-filled believers. The Lord uses their ministry to bring glory to himself. Our youth church is very large, and growing weekly, with new converts every week. God blesses a church that praises Him with all they've got, with excellence!

When a church blesses Him, and are doing it right, it grows! God brings people to a house of praise! That is the attraction! He is not going to bring people to a house that isn't obedient and worships like mourners.

We have a live band at church and a dance team. They are all spirit-filled believers. The Lord uses their ministry to bring glory to himself. Our youth church is very large, and growing weekly, with new converts every week. God blesses a church that praises Him with all they've got, with excellence!

When a church blesses Him, and are doing it right, it grows! God brings people to a house of praise! That is the attraction! He is not going to bring people to a house that isn't obedient and worships like mourners.

You make a good point.

Im going to have to think about this one. I think I still need to talk to my friends about this one though. They should know that Im struggling.

God bless!

Sean

You make a good point.

Im going to have to think about this one. I think I still need to talk to my friends about this one though. They should know that Im struggling.

God bless!

Sean

God bless you too, Sean! Just know that when we bless God in all we do and we do it exuberantly and wholely because He is wonderful, then that sacrifice of praise in turn brings us joy also!

The word says that He inhabits the praises of His people! How great must that praise be! It brings Him near! Amen.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Hey there guys and gals! :blink:

Well the service last sunday was brilliant and the guest speaker (who was from north africa) was such a blessing! It was just what I needed, except for one thing.

We are "upgrading" our Church at the mo and this will mean that a gallery will be built upstairs for more seats and a new sound system will be put in to make things better sounding and of course............louder.

Now dont get me wrong, I love lively music and I listen to alot of "ccm" and loud music at home but when it comes to praise and worship I believe in respecting God and while it can be loud and joyful it shouldnt get out of hand. The newest toy that was bought was inteligent lighting. Its the lights that you would see at a large concert or at a club. They spin and shoot all these coulors onto the stage. Impressive but it could not have been more inapropriate.

I just dont know anymore. I LOVE loud music but I am struggling to honestly praise God when the front of the Church is lit up like a sycadelic christmas tree.

Any thoughts?

Sean

I was going to be quiet...but hmmm never mind...LOL...how big are the lights..i mean many mega churches have like these huge stage lights that move around and stuff...there is certainly nothing wrong with that...where does bad music come from??? God created music first...then the devil copied it and corrupted it...As long as something is used for God...by all means go for it....NOW with all of that said...I am only 24 years old.... ;) I don't like it really loud...but I don't like the old traditional monotone type of music sung ...no offense...but where i am in a church and everyone looks like they are going to die from singing these songs out of a book...

EDIT...but I do like old hymns...just not all sung monotone...