• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Well said River! I agree 100%. A big AMEN!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

Again I say that if this was a video showing Iraqis giving American soldiers the same treatment you would all be singing a different tune.

So, that man lying wounded and writhing around on the pavement you consider to still be a threat and danger that needed to be snuffed out? You actually believe they did the right thing?

what I believe is that this clip doesn't tell the whole story, that's all....

If it is an act of despicable cruelty then there should be justice. Let's temper that desire for judgement with a little understanding of the situation though. These are kids we've sent over there because they were willing to volunteer. These kids don't know which Iraqis are friend or killers so they are scared and living on the edge.

I'd like to know if that guy was responsible for building a bomb that killed an American soldier....Maybe the roomate of the guy who shot him? Perhaps that guy had just shot at them? There are reasons in a war for killing people. Few people like doing it but someone has to.

War is not a civil situation. The world has always been ruled by those who are the most ruthless and powerful in war. THAT is as true as anything beyond the grave. We are not the christian army (thank God!), we are the American army. We destroy our enemies.....or we get destroyed. That is the choice.

They wouldn't like me very much. I'd have to tell them in good conscience to love their enemies and to bless those who curse them and to give to all those who ask.

I wouldn't make a very good president.

It wouldn't be a matter of liking you. It would the collective wisdom of Americans saying, "hmmmm....I think that One Accord would allow us to be destroyed in a heartbeat because she doesn't understand reality"

The military is not there to be "nice". They are there to put the fear of America in our enemies. History shows that this is how peace is made.

If we learn that it is American policy to find folks in the streets and randomly execute them, then I will be the first to say that WE are wrong. Until then, every accusation you guys bring against American soldiers will need to judged individually because America has NOT been proven to condone senseless murder.

Battlefield killiing? Yes.

Murder? No

Again I say that if this was a video showing Iraqis giving American soldiers the same treatment you would all be singing a different tune.

that is what war is all about. Being ruthless ends it quickly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Good on ya, River!

Tyler's point, too. I wasn't able to see the video. Did it go into the "pre" actions at all. Did you see a prisoner minding his own business, or sitting there doing nothing, and the soldier just walking up to him for no apparent reason and start beating the prisoner? Or did it just start with the beating without showing what led up to it?

Not to change topics, but I'll give an example. When the D.C. serial sniper was loose, and witnesses were pointing towards "a white van," the police were stopping all white vans. I was in a conversation with others about this, and one person mentioned that the police were acting visciuosly towards the drivers of the white vans in their search (i.e. jerking them out, slamming them against the side of the van to frisk them, etc.) OK, I don't know if this was an accurate or exadurated account. Yes, at first I felt shocked, but then I realized that these police officers were just as human as anyone else, and I bet they were just as scared as the rest of us. (Imagine being a cop and having to stop a vehicle you believe could be driven by a man who will kill in cold blood without a wink. If you don't move hard and fast, you're dead.)

Or like Rodney King. The beating those cops unleashed on the guy looked very brutal, but if you watched the video segment before the incident, you would see that Rodney was not only resisting arrest but attacking the cops, and he was drunk! How do you stop a drunk man who is attacking you?

So, I am reading reactions to this event with the Iraqi, I guess it was. Before I can condemn the soldier, I need to know what led up to this. Who was the prisoner? Was he doing anything? Was he a part of anything? Was it an interrogation gone bad?

The grievence may be genuine against the soldier, but without the whole story, can we really say?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Didn't anyone notice that the film was edited? The man interviewed had only some words spoken before there was a "cut" in the film and words were scrambled ...perhaps out of context.

We don't know at all what was really said because we heard a highly edited blurb .....

Nor do we know the circumstance of what just happened. Did this guy laying there just kill several innocent men, women and children or did he just butcher several American soldiers or attempt to do a suicide bombing?

I am highly suspect of what I see and hear, especially when it's clear it's been heavily edited...lots of cut and pasting going on.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa!!

Maybe before you judge these soldiers you might want to find out the whole story?? Was the man carrying grenades? Has there been instances where US soldiers go out to help the wounded, only to be ambushed or blown up by a suicidial wounded enemy?

Do we know the whole story? :laugh: Easy to point fingers in our nice warm safe livingrooms, but sometimes pictures do not tell the whole story??

Either way I think it's important to know all the facts before making a judgement!?

Only Christ Saves

Someone with good judgement! Amen, friend! :blink:

Boy, I wonder why we are so quick to ditch out own troops and turn like venomous snakes and assume the worse without all the facts.

It doesn't take much "doctoring" of film to get us all to throw stones and yell, 'Crucify' at our own people.

We're a cancer...our own worse enemy. While the rest of the world enjoy throwing mud at us, we shoot ourselves in the foot and laugh.

Amazing.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Do you not know they would do the same thing or worse?

But this isn't about "them." It's about American troops and Christian endorsement of them.

Just curious. Does not supporting the troops mean that you endorse 300,000 Iraqis in mass graves or Iraqis being fed into plastic shredders?

Guest idolsmasher
Nor do we know the circumstance of what just happened. Did this guy laying there just kill several innocent men, women and children or did he just butcher several American soldiers or attempt to do a suicide bombing?

This doesn't matter at all. Under the rules of war to which America signed on, when your enemy has been defeated you do not continue to exact bloody revenge. From the clip it doesn't even look like revenge, it's more like sport. Those troops at that time looked pretty relaxed and not under any immediate threat and were just having a hoot.

Just curious. Does not supporting the troops mean that you endorse 300,000 Iraqis in mass graves or Iraqis being fed into plastic shredders?

Uh....no! I take this to mean you fully support the actions of those in the video. I fail to grasp how anyone. especially Christians, can endorse what this clip shows.

Does supporting the troops mean you support waging war and killing thousands on false pretences(a nice way to say bold faced lying and deceiving)? Does the fact that Saddam was a nasty fellow excuse Bush for this fraud and the loss of life that ensued, or the guys in this video for cold blooded murder? Will God excuse their behavior? Again, this thread was not about Saddam and his regime's crimes, some of which America gave him a helping hand with, we are talking about American troops of whom Bush is commander in chief.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/26/1948

Been there , done that. Is Iraq covered under the Geneva Convention? Not all nations are. I think our troops learned from Viet Nam. Sure I know, someone is going to bring up Lt. Calley now. However, the troops looked relaxed after the shooting, there was no camera on them during so you don't know what they looked like. The liberal press does all sorts of doctoring of tapes, mostly to make us and the present administration look bad.