• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

One example? Last week, Taliban supporters blew off six bombs in a school that they decided was guilty of the crime of teaching female students in the classrooms. This happened less than four miles from where I work. I watched them pull eight dead children from the medivac helicopters and cried while I prayed right there next to them.

Do you still cry for them when it is Americans doing the killing???

You're bypassing an important fact here, Mr. Smasher.

Our troops don't target schools because we don't like who they are teaching, as these folks did. Our troops target places believed to house enemy combatants. This is quite different from mistakes, which are a natural part of life in any area, or innocents being in the wrong place at the wrong time or used as shields.

Your bias has gotten the better of your argument, and has effectively made it innefective.

You should add sweetener to to your morsals, not bitter roots.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not just assassinate the guilty ones instead of bombing entire cities and villages of innocent people?

you mean like Israel does?

What a concept....are ya'll wearing dark glasses? :laugh:

I think that's what we are doing.

I quite agree, River!

My point, though, is that people love to point fingers at the government about "being in it for the oil," as if only the gevernment cared about the oil. C'mon - we're all greedy for oil. What would our lives be without it? How much oil does the average American use up in one day, so to speak? (And may I add the average Canadian for that matter, COOOidolUUUsmasherGH!).

We enjoy the benefits of oil so much, but how many of us have actually considered the cost, the price, the sacrifice, the business wheeling and dealing it takes for us to enjoy its benefits?

Now, this isn't about "right and wrong;" it's about seeing the whole picture before we make judgments about it.

Make sense?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

I quite agree, River!

My point, though, is that people love to point fingers at the government about "being in it for the oil," as if only the gevernment cared about the oil. C'mon - we're all greedy for oil. What would our lives be without it? How much oil does the average American use up in one day, so to speak? (And may I add the average Canadian for that matter, COOOidolUUUsmasherGH!).

We enjoy the benefits of oil so much, but how many of us have actually considered the cost, the price, the sacrifice, the business wheeling and dealing it takes for us to enjoy its benefits?

Now, this isn't about "right and wrong;" it's about seeing the whole picture before we make judgments about it.

Make sense?

Good point, Nebula. The average American consumer is completely oblivious to the blood price of oil, the sweatshop labor that produces all the little widgets and trinkets everyone so loves to waste their money on, the exploitation of the third world resources, the advertising mind pollution that we are exposed to every day, the corporate conspiracy to take over the world....... It's business as usual here in America.

Shop until you drop! :blink:

Guest idolsmasher
Our troops don't target schools because we don't like who they are teaching,

But they target whole countries because the elites don't like the way the leaders won't cow tow to American corporate interests and the oil barons and in the process of overthrowing a country that has been proven posed no immediate threat, thousands of innocent civilians lose their lives. Have you ever see what 500 lb bunker busters do in civilian areas? America has so much innocent blood on it's hands that it makes Saddam look like a pretty small time criminal. How about dropping two atomic bombs? Do you really think they thought they were only targetting the Japanese troops? The vast majority that died in those attacks were innocent civilians, and the American leaders knew that large numbers of civilians would die. Wake up and smell the napalm!

I also fail to see how any well meaning Christian can think that going to war over lust for oil and cheaper manufactured goods is just a normal way of life. It seems to me that this is exactly the kind of thing that is warned about over and over again in the Bible. Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbours. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth..... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Ye cannot serve both God and Mammon (the god of wealth)... either you will hate the one and love the other.....for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.....But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you....Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

BTW, can you translate this "COOOidolUUUsmasherGH" for me PLEASE :wacko:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Amen, guys n gals. To say that oil and war profits aren't a part of all of this is just as wrong as saying that we shouldn't defend ourselves. I can't remember the Book, chapter or verse, but the Bible does say that our wars are the result of greed and wanting what we don't have (one of Pauls Epistles, I think). But, that's not why I am here. You'll be hard pressed to find anyone here that is concerned with gas prices.

Thanks for the words guys.

And, yes, I have cried for the crimes of the few barbaric military people that rear their heads in times like these. It kills our testimony as a nation when these idiots commit their crimes. There are those that hunt the news for stories of these people so they can prove their cases, but it doesn't prove a thing except that people are wicked, and that's been reported since the garden of Eden. Nope, I don't believe that we should pull out because a few wicked people can't contain their sins. I think we are doing the right things for the most part, and will continue to do so until I'm sent home. (Then I think I'll change jobs. I'm getting too fat and old for this).

'Smash, are you going to denounce Christianity because the catholics ran rampant during the inquisitions? The vatican has murdered more than the US will ever even come close to, shall we protest Christ? These crimes WERE commited in His name, after all. The same thing goes on in war. A few instances of criminal behavior, while damaging, doesn't justify rolling over and giving in to the enemy. I am not ashamed of being a Christian, even though some nasty crimes have been commited "in His name". I am likewise not ashamed to be an American soldier.

See my point yet?

Sure we can pull out now and let things go. None of our business, right? Get out your ouiga board and ask Hitler what could've been had we just waited only one more year to get involved. I'm not sure where you live, but you most likely wouldv'e been speaking German, Italian or Japanese now if we wouldv'e waited any longer. How would you like to get up in the morning and forced to pray to allah? Just sit back and wait, brother, things are headed that way. See, muslim countries do not give you the choice, but don't just take my word for it. Ask others that have lived in muslim countries. Here in the US, we give them the right to pray to their false god, be elected to office, and other such things. Almost to a fault and disregard to our own safety.

To insinuate that I only have compassion for those killed by muslims and turn a blind eye towards our own crimes is a misjustice, and is wrong. Spiritualy dead wrong. May I suggest reviewing ALL of my posts and digesting ALL of my comments, not just the ones that support your view of what is going on in these wars?

May Christ hold us both in His arms and bring us closer together.

t.

Guest idolsmasher

Are these the ones Ted?

James 4:1 From whence come wars and fightings among you? come they not hence, even of your lusts that war in your members?

James 4:2 Ye lust, and have not: ye kill, and desire to have, and cannot obtain: ye fight and war, yet ye have not, because ye ask not.

James 4:3 Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

James 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

James 4:6 But he giveth more grace. Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

'Smash, are you going to denounce Christianity because the catholics ran rampant during the inquisitions?

No, of course not, but I won't say that the church wasn't wrong or that they were innocent either and It is a little different in that I am not a Catholic and I don't think like a Catholic and would never become a Catholic. See, that's my beef. It's not so much that I disagree about everything, but that I see Americans on average being somewhat blinded to their own countries sins while maintaining the guilt of others. Most people on these boards will not acknowledge that much of world opinion against America is America's own doing, not for the good she has done but for the evil, and it is huge. Most people prefer to stick their heads in the sand and believe these things never happened because they haven't seen the proof even though they aren't even looking for it. That's my beef, and it's not directed as much at the ungodly who are ignorant of God's will, but mostly at those who know His will and turn away their eyes and compromise with the ungodly.

To insinuate that I only have compassion for those killed by muslims and turn a blind eye towards our own crimes is a misjustice, and is wrong.

I didn't insinuate anything, I asked you a question. I wasn't trying to attack you personally but rather the mentality many Americans have that "they" are wicked and "they" are evil and "they" commit horrible crimes and America is just so innocent and uncorrupt when this just isn't so. America is just as guilty of injustice as anyone and Christians, of all people, should realise it and speak out about it but instead they defend it and even support and endorse it and pray for it. This is the context of my debate. If you do cry for those Muslims who lose their lives for American global domination ambitions then I say thank you and I wish more Americans and especially Christians would feel this way and stop supporting unnecessary military agression and the theft of the resources of the poor nations of the world.

Our troops don't target schools because we don't like who they are teaching,

But they target whole countries because the elites don't like the way the leaders won't cow tow to American corporate interests and the oil barons and in the process of overthrowing a country that has been proven posed no immediate threat, thousands of innocent civilians lose their lives. Have you ever see what 500 lb bunker busters do in civilian areas?

It sounds to me like you believe the news media as the ultimate source of truth for your information.

I posted this thread earlier, and I noticed it got ignored from anti-war protesters!

http://www.worthyboards.com/forums/index.p...&f=14&t=5733&s=

A soldier who was injured in Iraq was being interviewed. He expressed his concern and anger that the news media was so selective in what they reported that they were not telling the true condition of what is happening in Iraq. This young man said that he feels like a rock star over there because so many Iraqis continuously express to the soldiers their love for hte Americans being there and freeing them from Hussein. He also said that for every one thing bad that you hear about on the news media, ten good things are going on (that you don't hear about).

And BTW, I am not convinced of the "no immediate threat" claim. Despite what has been "leaked" there is so much more information that you will never hear. I personally know people who have worked in jobs that deal with confidential information, and its kept out of the public so that people and governments that could be or are a threat don't know what we know. I'll bring a reminder that some not-thinking gov. official mentioned overt the media that "we" kept tabs on Osama bin Laden by his cell telephone usage. Soon afterwards, bin Laden stopped using his cell phone. Get the picture?

You may choose not to believe this, but the verdict is still out there on Iraq's (Hussein's) threat level.

America has so much innocent blood on it's hands that it makes Saddam look like a pretty small time criminal. How about dropping two atomic bombs? Do you really think they thought they were only targetting the Japanese troops? The vast majority that died in those attacks were innocent civilians, and the American leaders knew that large numbers of civilians would die. Wake up and smell the napalm!

How did we go from the current situation and the current War on Terrorism back to WWII? Is your beef with the current administration or with America?

I also fail to see how any well meaning Christian can think that going to war over lust for oil and cheaper manufactured goods is just a normal way of life. It seems to me that this is exactly the kind of thing that is warned about over and over again in the Bible. Thou shalt not covet anything that is thy neighbours. Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth..... for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. Ye cannot serve both God and Mammon (the god of wealth)... either you will hate the one and love the other.....for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.....But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you....Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

You missed the point of what I was saying. My intent was to show that when you point your finger, you've got three fingers pointing back at you, and before you make make your grand, glorious judgments with the pointer finger, you should clear yourself of the other three. That's a biblical principle. I trust you are familiar with this?

BTW, can you translate this "COOOidolUUUsmasherGH" for me PLEASE  :wacko:

Sure! See above.

How much oil and oil-based products do you use in a day?

(Aren't plastics made from oil, too?)

Where would you be if oil all of a sudden became unavailable or if oil prices sky rocketted?

Do you see what I am saying now?