• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

My parents aren't Christians...just me. And I thought it would be nice if they attended the Easter Sunday service, so I invited them...the first thing that came out of my dad's mouth was "When monkies fly out of my butt", it really hurt to hear him say that - couldn't he have just politely said no thank you, obviously not. And I guess as some of you have seen that I've posted my testimony, well now I'm not all that sure I want to share it with the congregation on the April 29th evening service. I'm so confused and that comment my dad made has really upset me...and I know the minute I go to tell him that what he said was hurtful I'll get the usual response "Oh your just over-reacting to it, and your being a suck". This has kind of made me change my mind about sharing it at the evening service. And it's not just that comment that is upseting me....he says soooo many little things, jokes (what he thinks they are) and they are really hurtful, I feel put down and discourgaged all the time around him. I can't stand sitting at the dinner table and talking to him now, because I'm dreading the next "joke" that comes out of his mouth. I once made a comment that his jokes were hurting my feelings and he said that he was just "teasing", well it doesn't feel like teasing it feels like he's putting me down!!! I try not to take it personally but when he says the things he says it's like he is bashing my beliefs into the ground. He and my mum are supportive in the way of driving me to all the church functions and groups but I really don't feel like they are all that supportive of me. Isn't being supportive NOT making comments that bash my beliefs? Uhh I don't know, maybe I am taking this too personally I don't know - I'm just really upset.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

My parents aren't Christians...just me. And I thought it would be nice if they attended the Easter Sunday service, so I invited them...the first thing that came out of my dad's mouth was "When monkies fly out of my butt", it really hurt to hear him say that - couldn't he have just politely said no thank you, obviously not. And I guess as some of you have seen that I've posted my testimony, well now I'm not all that sure I want to share it with the congregation on the April 29th evening service. I'm so confused and that comment my dad made has really upset me...and I know the minute I go to tell him that what he said was hurtful I'll get the usual response "Oh your just over-reacting to it, and your being a suck". This has kind of made me change my mind about sharing it at the evening service. And it's not just that comment that is upseting me....he says soooo many little things, jokes (what he thinks they are) and they are really hurtful, I feel put down and discourgaged all the time around him. I can't stand sitting at the dinner table and talking to him now, because I'm dreading the next "joke" that comes out of his mouth. I once made a comment that his jokes were hurting my feelings and he said that he was just "teasing", well it doesn't feel like teasing it feels like he's putting me down!!! I try not to take it personally but when he says the things he says it's like he is bashing my beliefs into the ground. He and my mum are supportive in the way of driving me to all the church functions and groups but I really don't feel like they are all that supportive of me. Isn't being supportive NOT making comments that bash my beliefs? Uhh I don't know, maybe I am taking this too personally I don't know - I'm just really upset.

Knowing Jesus, you can just consider the source, christiangirl! You know it isn't your father talking, but he is being used as a pawn by the enemy to get you so discouraged that you won't speak your testimony. Knowing that his barbed comments are from the pit, you can now be strong and stand against them, and learn to see your dad in a new light--the way Jesus looks at Him. Do you think that is possible for you?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I think you are showing tremendous courage, christiangirl, being a Christian in an unChristian home. Don't waver in your faith and pray that your parents come to the Word. I'm sure they love you and are clueless about how their comments affect you. Go and give your testimony, ask your pastor for prayer for your parents too. Keep hold of Jesus' hand and you will be just fine. I'm praying for you. :)

Knowing Jesus, you can just consider the source, christiangirl! You know it isn't your father talking, but he is being used as a pawn by the enemy to get you so discouraged that you won't speak your testimony. Knowing that his barbed comments are from the pit, you can now be strong and stand against them, and learn to see your dad in a new light--the way Jesus looks at Him. Do you think that is possible for you?

I'm sorry but I don't know that this isn;t my father talking - this seems like his typical attitude towards the unknown. I;m too upset with him at this time to even see him in a new light. Call me what you like stubborn or whatever but I think these words are from his mouth. Ignorance towards peoples beliefs is a choice. Don;t get me wrong I love my dad but what he is saying is really hurtful and uncalled for.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Often times people don't understand how teasing hurts, usually its because thats the way they were brought up and treated or because its their personality to tease, and since it doesn't hurt them when somebody does it to them, they really don't understand that it can hurt somebody else. 2nd option, people tease and make fun of things that they don't understand and that make them nervous, its their way of dealing with something that confuses them. Let your dad see God working in your life, don't take offense and get mad and angry (easier said than done I know) when you get the chance, let him know kindly and with love that it does hurt your feelings. Let God come alive in his life through your words and actions, wouldn't it be wonderful if the Lord used you to bring you parents to him? I will pray for you and your parents.

READ your testimoney at church, use it to lift up others like you lifted us with it!

Often times people don't understand how teasing hurts, usually its because thats the way they were brought up and treated or because its their personality to tease, and since it doesn't hurt them when somebody does it to them, they really don't understand that it can hurt somebody else. 2nd option, people tease and make fun of things that they don't understand and that make them nervous, its their way of dealing with something that confuses them. Let your dad see God working in your life, don't take offense and get mad and angry (easier said than done I know) when you get the chance, let him know kindly and with love that it does hurt your feelings. Let God come alive in his life through your words and actions, wouldn't it be wonderful if the Lord used you to bring you parents to him? I will pray for you and your parents.

READ your testimoney at church, use it to lift up others like you lifted us with it!

Reading my testimony at church is going to be easier said then done...it was a really emotional time writing it and I don't want to get too emotional reading it. I don't know anything anymore....all I can do about the situation is pray to God for guidance and help - but I just feel like everything is spinning out of control right now...

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I'm sorry but I don't know that this isn;t my father talking - this seems like his typical attitude towards the unknown. I;m too upset with him at this time to even see him in a new light. Call me what you like stubborn or whatever but I think these words are from his mouth. Ignorance towards peoples beliefs is a choice. Don;t get me wrong I love my dad but what he is saying is really hurtful and uncalled for.

Don't forget Ephesians 6:12, which tells us what we are truly up against...

For we are not fighting against flesh-and-blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places.

Yes, he's your dad, and yes he is speaking from his own lips, but there is an unseen power with an agenda against YOU. As your dad is not a believer in Christ, then he is an easy tool for the evil one. Be aware. I am telling you this so you do not have to be angry and hurt by HIM...just knowing that he is being used to defeat you and discourage you, you may be readily able to love your dad, rising above the stupid tactics of Satan, because you recognize them.

• Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

CG,

I think the more that your family makes fun, the more that God is working on them. They dont understand so they make fun of it. They are scared of the unknown and they deal with it by joking. I'd say that youre making a difference in their lives and you should keep it up. They will wear thin and God will keep working on them. Take care.

CG,

I think the more that your family makes fun, the more that God is working on them. They dont understand so they make fun of it. They are scared of the unknown and they deal with it by joking. I'd say that youre making a difference in their lives and you should keep it up. They will wear thin and God will keep working on them. Take care.

I hope so Giaour. I try to help them understand but my efforts seem lost. People at church are starting to ask if the family I attend church with has adopted me.....

I hope so Giaour. I try to help them understand but my efforts seem lost. People at church are starting to ask if the family I attend church with has adopted me.....

You're born into a new family.

..... Ye must be born again.

John 3:17

Your Heavenly Father loves you.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:16

Your Big Brother Jesus will never leave you nor forsake you.

..... for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

Hebrews 13:5

The Holy Ghost loves and comforts you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 15:26

You are loved and you are eternally family!

Love, Your Brother Joe.