• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Hi, I guess this is similar to the pinned topics, and it may even be similar to the mid-tribulation rapture belief (I guess pre-millianialism, and to a lesser extent, post-millenialism fall under the same heading as their rapture counterparts). However, I've never heard of mid-tribulation, and without that I guess I thought i'd post my own beliefs of the End Times, and wish anyone interested to post their own views (if by some chance I have made a mistake and a-millenialism is synonymous with "mid-tribulation rapture", please merge this post).

Essentially, I don't believe in a Rapture, and I don't believe a Rapture is a biblically supportable concept. I hold a belief that many would consider similar to an amillenialist belief. What this means is that I don't think there will be a specific time when a specific "anti-Christ" rises up to fool the masses. I believe we are already in the End Times, and have been since the day Jesus died on that Cross for our sins. I believe that as of that moment, Jesus defeated Satan, and basically chained him up. He has his moments here to try and sway some on this earth, but the devil has been defeated, and that moment when jesus returns will mark the end of the reign of the Devil.

A few years ago, I remember preparing a Bible study on Revelation 20 (first bible-study I'd ever led, adults bible-study group, Revelation 20, no pressure), and I brought up the concepts of pre-millenialism, post-millenialism, and a-millenialism. Most of the group were at that point pre-millenialists. They hadn't really thought of any other interpretation to this passage. Heck, I hadn't really thought of another interpreation at that point, I was just bringing up suggestions in the study. Long story short, after discussing the pro's and cons of the three modes of thought, the more people discussed, the more a-millenialism seemed to make sense.

So, for me, for the a-millenialist in general, we are already in the End Times, we are in the throes of prophecy and await the return of our Lord. Anti-Christs will come and stop us - yes, that is plural on purpose; according to scripture there are many anti-Christ's (people who are against Christ), not just the one Anti-Christ that is mentioned in Revelation. There are many anti-Christs, all of them preaching something other than the gospel of Jesus. But for us who believe in these end Times, our salvation is assured - Praise God.

Regards, PA

Guest Libre

I think I am a-millennial also. I hadn't thought about it much, concentrating instead on futurism vs preterism vs historicism. I am basically an historicist, but some of them are going off the deep end. One major website has decided that the New Jerusalem is in the Bible Belt of the southern US. To which I say horse feathers. So, I'm leaning toward partial-preterism.

Anywho, the futurist and pre-millennienial views go pretty much hand in hand. Post-millennialism says that we are in the "Golden Age" where the gospel is increasing and there is not literal 1000 years. Christ returns in judgment and to set up the eternal kingdom at the end of this age.

And a-millennialism says that we are in the millennium, and Christ will return at the end of it. The millennium is obviously not to be taken as a literal 1000 years. A-millenniealists also believe that the church is the Israel of God, and Israel as a people/nation no longer exists as far as faith or prophecy is concerned. Not sure about the post-millenniealists position on this one.

Here is a link for some of this: http://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/mill.html#dispre

There are charts, too.

Libre

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Anti-Christs will come and stop us

Who can stop us?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Who can stop us?

Anti-christs will stop us??

No way! Not if you are a true believer and a child of The Most High. They can maybe try to deceive us, but stop....NEVER!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Who can stop us?

Anti-christs will stop us??

No way! Not if you are a true believer and a child of The Most High. They can maybe try to deceive us, but stop....NEVER!

Precisely :emot-questioned:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I think whatever happens happens...

I don't know that it matters. A friend of mine put it very well: "It's not like God's up there going, 'you know, Jesus, I was gonna have you come back this Thursday, but Doug thinks he'll be raptured first, so I guess we should wait.'"

The point is to be ready for whatever God will do. All in His time, according to His Will.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Ever heard of the 'pan-trib' belief?

Hey, it'll all 'pan out' in the end.

:24:

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Ever heard of the 'pan-trib' belief?

Hey, it'll all 'pan out' in the end.

:24:

I like it. Yup, that's me.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  591
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  11/27/1979

Who can stop us?

I misspoke. I should have said "Anti-Christs will come and TRY to stop us, sometimes they will succeed, but ultimately doomed to failure". I thought that was obvious. Hope that clears everything up though :24: Edited by ParanoidAndroid

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Who can stop us?

I misspoke. I should have said "Anti-Christs will come and TRY to stop us, sometimes they will succeed, but ultimately doomed to failure". I thought that was obvious. Hope that clears everything up though :emot-hug:

:emot-hug: