• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

I agree witht he idea that your priority is your daughter...but if she is an adult, then surely she can handle you being away for a few days.

Still, your mother's words "if you can't come for three more days, don't bother coming at all," are completely unreasonable. Go for just a couple of days anyway, whatever she says. If she just repeats herself, tell her "mom, I'm coming anyway because I love you. I'm sorry, and I understand that you want to see me for longer, but circumstances won't allow that, so if you want to see me at all, it will have to be for a couple of days."

Hopefully that should get the message across...we women in general can be unreasonable sometimes, so I wouldn't be shocked if it didnt, if I were you...but it's worth a try. Whatever you say, start out with an "I understand how you feel" statement...it tends to calm things down a bit.

Thank's.

I ordered a couple new tops (Big Shirts) today. So When I do go home at the end of this month I will look good in her eyes.

Liz

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mom_4_God

Liz,

Hi well I want to start off with I lost my mom six yrs ago to cancer and I would like to tell you that I thought that my life had ended because we were very close so this is a hard one for me but I would suggest that you and your daughter go and visit your mom together and dont' tell her how long you plan on staying with her just show up and you will be amazed how this will surprise her. It is sad when a person loses a spouse that they have spent all of their lives with I know I went through that also with my mom but I was always there for her as she was for me. So keep these things in mind and just do what the Lord would have you do.

your sister in Christ

Mom _4_God

Guest Biblicist
I ordered a couple new tops (Big Shirts) today. So When I do go home at the end of this month I will look good in her eyes.

Liz

That makes me sad. . . :whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  422
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/24/1985

I would say that your mother is looking for attention in any way she can, but she's too proud to just ask you, she wants to force you "don't come unless you come for three days". She is hurting and lonely but doesn't want to admit it. I would pray for her, and try to talk with her, heart to heart and tell her you guys can be completely honest with each other. Make it clear that she doesn't have to manipulate you into coming, that you would come if she just asked nicely. If two days doesn't cut it for her tell her that it's what you can give, and you want to give it if she would let you. People can become unreasonable when they are hurt and alone, I know, I've been there. The best you can do is be loving and patient with her, and be clear that manipulation will not work with you.