• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Quote:

A true saint will never "walk away" from Grace....the new creature availeth much.

Okay if you don't like that other quote we will use this one. These are all your own words, and can not be found in The Bible.

Heres what Christ says about who will be in His Kingdom, along with the many other Scriptures, and practically the whole of James Gospel.

Mark 3:34-35

34 And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!

35 For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother.

(KJV)

Add to this the fact that Israel after they were saved returned to Egypt, and you will have to change, and or eliminate a lot of The Bible to support your false doctrine of OSAS. It is just not God's Doctrine.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Hello William.

Ok...what happens when one is saved from their sins......?

1Tim 4:8...upon some meditation on this...to say that this verse is stating eternal life as a "future" posession to me is contradictory to this:

1John 5:13.."These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye HAVE eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

"the life that now is, and of that which is to come." In light of 1John 5;13 I say that the "life that now is", is speaking of your present posession of eternal life, as far as having it in this flesh existance.

"and of that which is to come"...well, here we see it will take on a different existance after the resurrection.

Still the same eternal life from being Born Again.

Your other two verses in no way determine our eternal life as a "future" posession. They proclaim God's promise to us from the foundation of the world.

How can we be "brought back into fellowship" if we are born dead? We never had a fellowship with Him. Until being Born Again.

Twice dead?

His son...you are waaaay off! :)

Hi! Ummm...this is my first post on this board and I couldn't find a place to post an intro so I jumped into this one. I haven't read much of what has been posted in this thread but the topic caught my attention. I suppose it's because I have been questioning my salvation lately. I have been thinking about God's love and how far it really goes. If it is truly unconditional then why is salvation under one condition...you must accept Jesus as your savior?

The big question in my mind lately is if I am still covered by the blood of Jesus, by thinking that God could possibly embrace those who don't believe that Jesus is their savior?

I accepted Jesus as my Lord & savior 4 years ago and now I'm thinking that he is not really the only way...despite what the bible says. I mean, why would an all loving God create people just to send them to hell? We all know that not everybody believes that Jesus is their savior, so that means that our all knowing God willing creates people that he knows will go to hell? Why Why Why would he do that!!! Shouldn

Hello William.

Ok...what happens when one is saved from their sins......?

1Tim 4:8...upon some meditation on this...to say that this verse is stating eternal life as a "future" posession to me is contradictory to this:

1John 5:13.."These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye HAVE eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."

"the life that now is, and of that which is to come." In light of 1John 5;13 I say that the "life that now is", is speaking of your present posession of eternal life, as far as having it in this flesh existance.

"and of that which is to come"...well, here we see it will take on a different existance after the resurrection.

Still the same eternal life from being Born Again.

Your other two verses in no way determine our eternal life as a "future" posession. They proclaim God's promise to us from the foundation of the world.

How can we be "brought back into fellowship" if we are born dead? We never had a fellowship with Him. Until being Born Again.

Twice dead?

His son...you are waaaay off! :)

I'll put it this way, I have died, and gone up there met The Lord, and wanted to stay, but He sent me back to finish the work that He saved me to do which is tell His Truth, as Written in The Bible, and interpreted only by The Holy Spirit. Thats what I do, and I know where I'm going, and I'll bet me salvation on What the whole Of Bible Doctrine says about the salvation process, and how it is completed in us. If you want to bet yours on your false doctrine made up entirely by a man of OSAS go for it but I'm afraid you are the one who will be missing from the family when we all meet up there unless of course your repent, and turn. The Truth is God does not take kindly to false prophets, and teachers, and they are taking a lot of people onto that broadway that leads to the pit of hell by giving them a false sense of security. I could care less what you think about me, but I would like to see you get your eyes off of the flesh, and get them on Christ.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Hi! Ummm...this is my first post on this board and I couldn't find a place to post an intro so I jumped into this one. I haven't read much of what has been posted in this thread but the topic caught my attention. I suppose it's because I have been questioning my salvation lately. I have been thinking about God's love and how far it really goes. If it is truly unconditional then why is salvation under one condition...you must accept Jesus as your savior?

The big question in my mind lately is if I am still covered by the blood of Jesus, by thinking that God could possibly embrace those who don't believe that Jesus is their savior?

I accepted Jesus as my Lord & savior 4 years ago and now I'm thinking that he is not really the only way...despite what the bible says. I mean, why would an all loving God create people just to send them to hell? We all know that not everybody believes that Jesus is their savior, so that means that our all knowing God willing creates people that he knows will go to hell? Why Why Why would he do that!!! Shouldn

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

What makes True Gospel of Christ different from any other belief/religion is the unconditional gift of everlasting life.

We do nothin at all to merit salvation, unlike every other teaching in existance.

We have a saviour, He did the work of saving.

Yes,...we must turn to Him, but without this faith it is impossible to please Him.

Call it a condition, requirement, whatever...but it is not a "work" on the part of the believer.

We are saved by the answer to this good conscience we have toward God.

1Peter 3;21

"The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us ( not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ."

By this we see that we are baptised with the Holy spirit, creating our "born again" state of being. NOT by any "works", that is to say, by any "cleaning up" our sins.

Jesus saves us just in the condition we are, and He continues to work on us to conform to His likeness.

Read Eph 2:8-10.

myrrh.....Read Hebrews 11

Hebrews 11:1..."Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

heb 11:6..."But without faith it is impossible to please Him; for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him."

myrrh....we through this faith are able to believe the Gospel that Jesus is

the only way

Eph 4:5..."One Lord, one faith, one baptism"

Blessings to you myrrh..... :huh:

Thank-you for your responses to my post. Your words are indeed helpful.

I'm so troubled that my once strong faith in the Lord has been weakened. I feel a blockage in my spirit. Everytime I start to think that Jesus is the one and only way I get a feeling of distortion, it's as though Holy Spirit has left me and I am once again blinded and lost. I hate feeling this way. I will get into the bible though and try to fight through this. Scripture & prayer....it's the only way, a way that I have neglected over the past year. I have been on a road of developing my own theories and understandings....and now I'm filled with so much confusion as to what I believe, that I feel hopeless. I need some reconstructive spirit surgery. :huh:

Peace ya'll!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Thank-you for your responses to my post. Your words are indeed helpful.

I'm so troubled that my once strong faith in the Lord has been weakened. I feel a blockage in my spirit. Everytime I start to think that Jesus is the one and only way I get a feeling of distortion, it's as though Holy Spirit has left me and I am once again blinded and lost. I hate feeling this way. I will get into the bible though and try to fight through this. Scripture & prayer....it's the only way, a way that I have neglected over the past year. I have been on a road of developing my own theories and understandings....and now I'm filled with so much confusion as to what I believe, that I feel hopeless. I need some reconstructive spirit surgery. :huh:

Peace ya'll!

Sister myrrh,

Can I offer one more way to strenthen your faith in the Truth? Serve Him. Now don't go running out without the leading of the Holy Spirit (Acts 1:4,8). Prepare yourself through study of the Word in the Spirit and prayer (Ephesians 6:17,18). When you pray. ask God to show you His will and in His time, a door to a specific ministry will open. It may be teaching a Sunday school class or leading a Bible Study at a Rest Home or .... you get the idea. Serve God...if you are properly prepared and suited up with the Armor of God (Epheisans 6:10-19), you will be a powerful witness for Christ and, believe it or not, it will bless you beyond all description.

Some years ago, I was led into a jail ministry. I did NOT want to go. I was a Christian conservative that sat about as far right as one can get. The Lord has a sense of humor because He led me into what I do now, which is minister to inmates in jail. I can't tell you how many times I have been blessed and the things I have witnessed have strengthened my faith and energized me to serve the Master even more.

So do more than just read and pray...put all you learn into action just as Jesus told us[Matthew 28]. You will be blessed.

Blessings,

Wayne

John 6:27

27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

(KJV)

No OSAS here.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

John 6:27

27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

(KJV)

No OSAS here.

Unbelievable! I often wonder why it is that people that claim to be saved can't see the truth in God's Word. His son, you quote a verse because it uses the word endure? LOL Read what it is your posting up son! lol

There is a meat that endures unto everlasting life, That the Son of man ( Jesus ) shall GIVE you. ( Not meat that you are earning or working for, but is given unto you.) Read the Word of God! Pray for understanding from the Holy Spirit. Chew on that meat for awhile, before you swallow....lol !

" No OSAS here. "

You have no idea what you are saying. If you did, Im sure you would not have included this in your post. That is the only salvation there is.

Rick

Labour not for the meat that perisheth...your works are no good....you cant live good enough son! They will perish! Read the 2 verses following the one you posted. What work did Jesus tell them to do? To Believe on Him whom God sent! Your salvation has to be based on God's Word alone...not on works that will perish.

Jesus gives eternal life to those that believe. Believes what? Believes God's word! If you try any other way you are attempting to make God out to be a liar. There is no other way!