IGNORED

Should A Pastor Step Down

Guest lovinghim4ever

:UsA_smilie:

From everything I've read that Jesus taught, one sin is no worse than another, and this includes entertaining thoughts of sinning. It wouldn't be a bad idea if he took a break until he took care of his personal marriage issues. As far as him now being condemned by everyone here, "..in what measure you use...", keep that in mind every time you judge someone.
:P

Thank you dear sister.

You have a compassionate heart.

I fear for the soul of any man who willingly crushes the heart of the little lamb God entrusts to him as wife!

It is almost beyond cruel for a Son of Light to so hurt a Daughter of The King.

Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Ephesians 5:25

Any woman, Christian or not, who is married to a Christian man should know beyond any doubt that she is lovely and that she is loved all the days of her life even when her man can hardly keep up with her in short walks!

She should have no questions that she is The Beloved of her husband just as The Church has no doubt it is The Beloved of The Lord Jesus Christ.

Let her be as the loving hind and pleasant roe; let her breasts satisfy thee at all times; and be thou ravished always with her love.
Proverbs 5:19

That said, I believe it is God alone that enables a man's heart for true and faithful love.

The adoration what comes to many anointed men and women of God is plumb scary to me and has upon many an occasion put me into my prayer closet to plead for God's shield around the ministers (servants) .

:thumbsup:

I believe it is The Grace of God and God alone that allows any man or any woman to stand.

All Glory to The Lord.

As For The Sheep, What The Book Say!

Repent

So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate. Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.
Revelation 2:15-16

Creep

Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2 Timothy 3:5-6

Read

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
3:16-17

Believe

Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
1 John 4:1

The Word

These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.
Jude 1:16-19

:21:

You Are The Beloved

Be Blessed

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

Guest lndogili

One thing our pastor always says and I stand by in many dealings in life. If you do not desire a relationship like those in leadership over you then why are you under their leadership. Why do you want to learn from those who you do not desire to be like. I admire my pastors relationship with God, with his wife and with his family. If I could start learning some of his skills and living a more Godly life I would be in a much better position. I would tell people to decide what values they look up to and if this pastor has those values and is honest in teaching them then they should stay. I don't know of anyone who would want to have an affair and strive to be like a man who has had one.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

He should step down, no question about it.

He broke one of the Ten Commandments (that is not to say that we don't break at least one of them occasionally), but it doesn't sound like he is sorry for the sin he has committed, which is why he should step down. An adulterer is not a very good role model for a church...or anywhere for that matter. He should step down, or the congregation should refuse to have him as a Pastor.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,081
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

He should step down, no question about it.

He broke one of the Ten Commandments (that is not to say that we don't break at least one of them occasionally), but it doesn't sound like he is sorry for the sin he has committed, which is why he should step down. An adulterer is not a very good role model for a church...or anywhere for that matter. He should step down, or the congregation should refuse to have him as a Pastor.

:noidea:

Guest lovinghim4ever

I want to thank each of you for your prayers concerning this matter, however

I cannot give an update yet as I don't know anything for certain.

Many rumors are floating around, but I don't know what to believe. :24:

I pray for this wife who has been betrayed by her husband.

I pray for this man who has betrayed his wife.

And, I pray for this other woman who has betrayed this wife and herself.

However, my main concern right now is for the children involved.

Three young boys are devastated.

They look up to their father and love him dearly.

Now, their father no longer lives in the same house with them,

and they don't understand what's going on; especially the youngest one.

:huh::39::24::):24: :24: :24: :24:

:P:24::24:

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Based on hear say , hypothetically speaking:

He has already took a offensive position..and really no defensive one..that would give a much needed explanation of why he would have chose to "in my state" break the law in a habitual manner such as adultry openly confess the act and then expect the people to accept it..better yet he seems to have even expected unacceptance or he would not have took the offensive stand of I have no entention of moving from my post..Churches are governed in many different ways..the Overseer or General Essembly whichever the higher form of church government should be consulted..I feel for the family subjected to shame and betrayal and lose..and just because you are leading the horse to the water you cannot make it drink..the records of attendance and finacial support sometimes reflect moral of a congregation and definetly one that requires immediate attention to prevent lose of precious grounds. The act of adultry is trangressing against your neighbor,God, and your own temple..it is a threefold curse taking to yourself. It is very serious and not to go without punishment no matter how we think it is justifiable. Forgiveness from sin does not in any way make us unaccountable we still will reap what we sow and should not faint under its burden. A person who is head of their household an unfaithful to even their own flesh is despised and not fit to be the head of anything they have no reguard to the vows and oaths much less what is honest and good. The worser of the matter is the lenght it went on and the depth. It was only exposed to allow a continuance. This is no monent of insanity or weakness. I do feel God will handle this matter and care for the injuried..I pray the pastor will repent and try to rectify his ill deeds. The fold is not without a Shepherd this I know.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

He has already took a offensive position..and really no defensive one..that would give a much needed explanation of why he would have chose to "in my state" break the law in a habitual manner such as adultry openly confess the act and then expect the people to accept it..better yet he seems to have even expected unacceptance or he would not have took the offensive stand of I have no entention of moving from my post..Churches are governed in many different ways..the Overseer or General Essembly whichever the higher form of church government should be consulted..I feel for the family subjected to shame and betrayal and lose..and just because you are leading the horse to the water you cannot make it drink..the records of attendance and finacial support sometimes reflect moral of a congregation and definetly one that requires immediate attention to prevent lose of precious grounds. The act of adultry is trangressing against your neighbor,God, and your own temple..it is a threefold curse taking to yourself. It is very serious and not to go without punishment no matter how we think it is justifiable. Forgiveness from sin does not in any way make us unaccountable we still will reap what we sow and should not faint under its burden. A person who is head of their household an unfaithful to even their own flesh is despised and not fit to be the head of anything they have no reguard to the vows and oaths much less what is honest and good. The worser of the matter is the lenght it went on and the depth. It was only exposed to allow a continuance. This is no monent of insanity or weakness. I do feel God will handle this matter and care for the injuried..I pray the pastor will repent and try to rectify his ill deeds. The fold is not without a Shepherd this I know.

Better to be without a Shepherd then to be with one who breaks every rule in the book then points the finger at his flock.

Better to be without a Shepherd then to be with one who breaks every rule in the book then points the finger at his flock.

I just want believe that a congregation of believers is totaly absent a Shepherd The Church to me belongs to God and is in His care He has the power to place kings or remove them and for sure He is with His people. I have faith He will care for them..