If you have migraines..

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Wow Marnie! :( Those sound really bad! I was really thirsty the day before too, but didnt make the connection until just now when you mentioned it. I call the after effect of a migraine a 'migraine hangover' Only my last two have had that effect though. Not as bad as yours though. I am shaky and weak and slept 10 hrs last night. Tomorrow will be alot better and by Sunday it will be like I never had the migraine. (I hope!) Have they done brain scans and stuff to figure out why you have daily headaches?

Emily, the chronic headaches I have had all my life, so while painful they are not life threatening. Well, maybe other people's lives may be in danger when I have a bad one...but not mine. The migraines are relatively recent, like within the past 6 years or so, since my injuries. They can't find a cause, but I have a plate in my head so that might be part of it. Some women just get migraines. I call it a "hangover," too. Those days I just sit on the couch and stare at the TV and eat. I don't want to give you the wrong idea here; I don't get crippling migraines all that often--maybe once every two months or so. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being really bad, the headaches are generally 1 or 2 every day, which is mild. Maybe a couple of times a month I will have a 7 or 8. But those 7 or 8's can go on for days and days.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

Does the plate have to stay in your head forever? I am glad you dont get the crippling ones every day!

By the way, there's a few ads at the bottom of the page for us migraine sufferers! :thumbsup: <---edited to say, OK there was a few ads for migraine sufferers. They're gone now. :(

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Does the plate have to stay in your head forever? I am glad you dont get the crippling ones every day!

By the way, there's a few ads at the bottom of the page for us migraine sufferers! :thumbsup: <---edited to say, OK there was a few ads for migraine sufferers. They're gone now. :(

Those ads will probably be back, or pop up somewhere else. They're random.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yes, the plate is there for good. Technically, I'm worth more dead than alive. Grave robbers can dig me up, pull out all the cool titanium parts and electronics and sell them on the black market!

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

According to this article hormone fluctuation is a major cause of migraines in women.

http://womenshealth.about.com/cs/headaches/a/migranes1.htm

However, since I has a total hysterectomy a few years ago due to cancer, this would not explain why my migraines have gotten no better. Still looking for other causes.

My Aunt also had a full hysterectomy due to cancer reasons. And ever since then she has had 3-4 migraines a week. She takes the Imitrex. I took another look at my migraine meds this morning and discovered it was the nauseau med that caused the major drowsiness. I had to have the med though! I was puking alot and this pill cured it!

If hormones cause headaches, then I wonder if some people have headaches due to hormones in meat? They do have kosher meat which is supposed to be hormone free. Did you know they lowered the standards on what is organic? Apparentally some organic milk does have some type of hormone in it. Organic Valley is the best company to buy cow's milk from. I hear their milk is truly hormone free and the cows are treated the best compared to other companies. I already eat a mostly vegan diet so I know this is not the cause for me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

can you please tell me what prescription you like best and why? My doctor prescribed me Imitrex and I am not sure if this dopey feeling is because I had a massive migraine or if it is the med itself. I know I should have talked to my doctor more, but I was not coherent at the appt. today.

hi..i liked the shot the couple of times I took it. However, now I just mainly use excedrin migraine because it is the only thing that works. But I usually have to use 2 to get the migraine gone