Guest idolsmasher

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

Why haven't we invaded Saudi Arabia, Kuwait (Didn't we defend them?), Qutar, Bahrain, Yemen, Kenya, Sudan, Argentina, Russia, Venezela, Columbia, and on and on and on????

One war at a time.

Are you not aware of our dealings with Colombia & Venezuela?

Oh, I forgot, there's a media black-out on South American politics unless you're interested enough to do a little research.

We are very active in South America securing oil reserves.

http://www.afsc.org/colombiaoil/Default.htm

http://www.afsc.org/colombiaoil/oil_1.htm

http://www.eia.doe.gov/emeu/cabs/venez.html

We don't have to invade countries that cooperate with us, and there are other ways of getting countries to cooperate than all-out war. The US likes to support friendly governments and has a history of backing politcal coups in South America to get rid of unfriendly governments.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

America does not want to run the governements of the world. We want to compete in the marketplace of freedom.

First America has to create this 'marketplace of freedom' by taking out regimes that hoard the resources that it covets, and replacing them with regimes that will cooperate with its 'freemarket' agenda.

LadyC

OA, then you have not read his constant belittling, and his constant verbal attacks, on our government and our country. he's been extremely vocal with his hatred, and that is the antipathy of a Christian attitude. on other issues, he is not this way... but his stance on this one, and the way in which he chooses to spit it out at every opportunity, is.

It appears that it is fine to bash Canada, however, and that is somehow more Christian than criticizing America.

i have not bashed canada. i did point out that i COULD, but it would be based on propaganda with no firsthand knowledge of the facts. why do you support his hate speach rhetoric?

and it's not safe to drill for oil if we wanted to? sure it is... we could drop a few more bunker bombs and make it as safe as we wanted. the point is, we aren't. it's not our style, never has been.

idol is getting really beaten up? then perhaps he shouldn't wage war when he's outnumbered... sorry, no offense, but he's been beating us up left and right, and some people don't seem to mind. i see a parallel to the war on terrorism here, don't you? :blink:

back when i was a kid, there was a little thing we used to say... don't dish it out if you can't take it. i'm not trying to sound childish here, but if idol wants to continue spewing hatred, he needs to be willing and able to handle the backlash.

people can only take so much in the way verbal assaults before they snap back with a little hard truth. and i am only human... one that is quite fed up with listening to the hateful, snotty comments that bear only a small resemblence to reality.

idol is getting really beaten up? then perhaps he shouldn't wage war when he's outnumbered

Ya'll don't worry about him. He's a big boy and can handle it.

This stuff is like the Sunday cartoons compared the discussions we've had on whether jews should be allowed to live and breath if they are in Israel.

That topic can get really vicious. He doesn't shrink from being wrong on that either....

:t2:

Guest idolsmasher

LadyC, I fail to see how criticising a secular government can be construed as anti-Christian???? A person can be a born again believer but if he doesn't agree with American politics that means he is anti-Christian??? Maybe you are being just a tad sensitive???? FYI, the American government is not a religious institution and does not represent Christ, it is not holy, righteous, or without fault. The sooner you realise that, the better.

The only reason I pointed out the stuff about Canada is to show that the anti Canadian rheteoric about Canada not helping in the war on terrorism is totally unfounded. I wasn't trying to glorify Canada. Canadians have died in Afghanistan,(remember Ted the Canadians who were killed by an American pilot) Canadians died in the 9/11 attacks. Canada is so close to America in so many ways that the actions of your government affects us in a very profound ways. One example is the price of heating oil and gas which has skyrocketed as a result of the war to where we now are paying nearly 80 cents a litre or in American terms that would 3.20 or more a gallon wheras before the war it was around 2.40. That is in Canadian dollars too so if you convert that cost to American dollars, it amounts to a huge rise in costs, not only to ordinary people, but businesses that rely on transportation for their goods. Canada depends heavily on exports so transportation costs affect our economy and prosperity. America may act in a lone cowboy way, but the fallout affects the world in many ways and therefore you have absolutely no right whatsoever to say that others have no right to criticize the actions of your government. This is a global village whether you like it or not. If you are going to support these acts of agression on the part of your government that effect the world, then you should also be mature enough to accept the criticism.

Why haven't we invaded Saudi Arabia, Kuwait (Didn't we defend them?), Qutar, Bahrain, Yemen, Kenya, Sudan, Argentina, Russia, Venezela, Columbia, and on and on and on????

Because they either were willing to give America access to their oil or were persuaded by stongarm CIA operations inside their countries, except for Russia, they got nukes. :t2:

I'm trying to get across is that we ALL --- Idol included --- should remember that where it all counts -- IN GODS ARMY -- we're on the same side.

There won't be any country barriers or political divides in Heaven THANK GOD!

Amen! Thanks for that River, I agree! Very good point! It's nice to hear a voice of reason. Bless you! I pledge my allegiance to my God and the kingdom for which He stands, one heavenly nation, indivisible, with liberty,justice, love, and mercy for all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

What do you believe changes people's hearts?

Not force! That just breeds hatred and resentment.

And just what do you think you are doing with your tactics here?

bah.gif

Well?

After reading where the thread's gone after I posted this, and after reading the other thread "Support Our Troops?" I believe my feelings are confirmed.

This is a hate thread breading more hate. The seeds are hate, the fruit is hate. Hate is stirred, hate is provoked, hate is fed, and hate is spread.

There is no glory to God in this thread. Nor has there been glory to God in the accusations against the US.

I'm taking my feelings and the hate that has been stirred in me to the Throne and my concerns about this thread to the moderators.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,587
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

C'mon now...

I might be stubburn but I ain't stupid.

We have oil connections with nations who produce oil? Really? DUH!

It is your conclusions that are meshugganah (kinda crazy)

You really expect us to believe that the CIA is somehow strongarming EVERY NATION who produces oil while we hold the threat of military actions over them if they don't "give" it to us?