• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

Idol,

You have plenty to worry about in Canada.

Words don't matter, it's a heart thing.

Turn your eyes upon Jesus and the things of this world will grow strangely dim.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.92
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Neb, you're just too nice!

Why - because I didn't make you answer my question about what your posts are breeding?

You want me to do that? You want me to express how I really feel? You trying to provoke me? You enjoy this dirt fight? You feel good about inserting venom and then twilling like an innocent dove or wagging your tail a playful puppy?

JohnS - you are right. Our eyes need to be on Jesus and not the nations. Focusing on evil never promoted the Gospel.

Else Jesus and the Apostles would have spent more words and energy on condeming Rome!

so whadduya think we should do to Syria?

If we think they have WMDs then we should not invade. We should hit them hard in the capital city with some cruise missles!

And we shouldn't open a discussion for UN approval because it's easier to get forgiveness than permission....

who's with me?

I posted this to show the hypocrisy of the Bush haters.

To keep Monica off the front pages of the newspapers, Clinton lobbed a few missiles into civilian capitals of Sudan and Iraq and said it was because Saddam & Sudan had WMDs. Do ya'll remember that?

This is proof that Clinton believed (or want us to think he believed) that Saddam had WMDs and was ready to use them.

The difference in how he handled it and how Bush is handling it is a stark contrast in leadership.

Do you know what commitment is? A chicken contributes to your breakfast....a pig commits.

Clinton only stirred up the pot with no long term solution to terrorism. He never consulted the UN or Congress. He indiscriminately bombed an aspirin factory in Sudan. ONLY civilians were killed!

Bush, on the other hand, gave diplomacy 17 chances. He got every nation on record UNANIMOUSLY to agree that Saddam was facing "dire consequences" if he didn't come clean. Since we had sanctions in place for many years, no one can say that they didn't understand what "dire consequences" he was facing.

After that had been thoroughly exhausted Bush committed to a ground war. Taking Saddam out would have made it worse! We had to take out the entire Baath regime and stabilize the country so they could not return. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is committment. Most Iraqis are grateful and understand that we aren't going to stir the hornet's nest and leave again.

Iran, Libya, North Korea, Arafat, Saudi Arabia, and Syria all understand that Bush is committed too. They are taking notice and terrorism is WAY DOWN on a global scale.

Bush is doing what the last 5 Presidents avoided. He's taking on these thugs and whipping them good. He is committed to ending terrorism and providing leadership for the cowards of the world.

Hurray!

:rolleyes:

Guest idolsmasher
QUOTE (idolsmasher @ Jan 26 2004, 05:50 PM)

Neb, you're just too nice! 

Why - because I didn't make you answer my question about what your posts are breeding?

No, ....because I felt there was ample opportunity for you to take a swipe at me and you didn't. I was jokingly trying to show my appreciation.

You want me to do that? You want me to express how I really feel? You trying to provoke me? You enjoy this dirt fight? You feel good about inserting venom and then twilling like an innocent dove or wagging your tail a playful puppy?

I don't come by criticism of the US government lightly, I have read much that tells me there is no other truthful conclusions. I posted some links which comprise some of the evidence for your own scrutiny. I urge you to study them for yourself. I have been accused up and down for fabricating hateful lies because I'm a hateful person and so on so I thought that maybe I should post some of the more authoritarian voices on the subject to show you that this stuff is not just my imagination or something I dreamed up because of hatred etc. I'm sorry that I haven't posted more evidence of my claims in the past for you to objectively study, but I have some difficulty with eye strain, headaches, fatigue etc; and I'm not always up to researching these things on the computer. I did a little searching yesterday and it was easy to come up with these sources. You might want to also do a search on "the School of the Americas" for some info on CIA ops. I don't want to argue with you. These things are not new at all. I understand that you are very pro American, that's ok, I don't have a problem with someone loving their country. I just urge you to look at things a little more. Most of the people who are exposing these things are also good Americans who want to see the government abide by it's own rules and the constitution and that is precisely why they are bringing these things to light. You are a studious person from what I gather, check the sources and if you don't believe them, fine, but please try to be objective. I also posted a warning like you previously requested. Fair enough???

You have plenty to worry about in Canada.

Thanks for the heads up John! :rolleyes:

Yod, you're just trying to get River to jump in on this. As far as I can tell, democrat or republican, doesn't make a whole lot of difference when it comes to foreign policy. The game plan is pretty much the same, it's just that the republicans are a lot more warlike and hawkish. Do you really think the president is forming foreign policy? I don't, it's the CIA and the thinktanks and the advisors and special interests, the president is just a rubber stamp. Bush is just more willing to use his stamp.

Do you really think the president is forming foreign policy?

I'm sure that other branches of government have their influence but, yes, in America the President gets the ultimate credit or blame so Bush is in charge.

Just as Clinton was before him

But I notice you avoided the substance of that last post

Guest idolsmasher
But I notice you avoided the substance of that last post

I thought I addressed it rather well! :shocked: I don't think there is really all that much difference other than Bush is more warlike and adversarial whereas Clinton was more of a smooth talking diplomatic type. I think they both followed the Cia, thinktanks, and special interests, many of whom are the same people. That's what presidents and their cabinet draw on for plans and ideas. All bush did was say, OK, let's go with this one ie: the Project for a New American Century. If you look at it, that is almost the plan they are following to a T. Just so happens that Dick, Rummy, and wolfowitz, among others, were the architects of that plan even before they got in the white house and lo and behold, it is all coming to pass.

As far as terrorism being down, ha, where have you been! I don't think so, but that was a good try. :rolleyes: