• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

I explained to my kids that God is 3 persons, God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but they are one.

Like the sun.

God as the sun, Jesus the rays, The Holy Spirit the heat. But they are all still sun.

hope it makes sense.

I explained to my kids that God is 3 persons, God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, but they are one.

Like the sun.

God as the sun, Jesus the rays, The Holy Spirit the heat. But they are all still sun.

hope it makes sense.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Got to love them kids!

Dear Father, Dear Lord Jesus, More Holy Heat please. In Jesus, Thank You Lord. Love, Joe.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

What strange analogies

What comprises a fruit?

What comprises the sun?

What comprises an egg?

Every component.

You cannot say the skin of a fruit is the fruit. It represents the fruit, but it is nevertheless only the skin.

And you cannot say that a ray of the sun is the sun. It represents the sun but it is nevertheless only a ray

Likewise you cannot say the shell of an egg is an egg. It represents the egg but it is nevertheless only the shell.

In the same manner I cannot say that the son of God is God. Jesus is the son. He represents God, but he is nevertheless only the Son of God.

And I cannot say that the Spirit of God is God. The Spirit represents God but it is nevertheless only the Spirit of God.

Of course the problem is, mere man tries to explain an inexplicable God in human terms and none of us can adequately describe the wonders of the things of the Spirit, by means of the flesh. The two are diametrically opposed.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

In the same manner I cannot say that the son of God is God. Jesus is the son. He represents God, but he is nevertheless only the Son of God.

And I cannot say that the Spirit of God is God. The Spirit represents God but it is nevertheless only the Spirit of God.

Of course the problem is, mere man tries to explain an inexplicable God in human terms and none of us can adequately describe the wonders of the things of the Spirit, by means of the flesh. The two are diametrically opposed.

Shalom,

The Son of G-d is ONLY the Son of G-d??? What?

G-d is a term that is inclusive of Father (His name is not G-d), Son and Holy Spirit. These 3 are G-d. All equal, all G-d. The Holy Spirit or Jesus are not "only" anything, they are equal with the Father and all equally G-d.

Shalom,

G-d is a term that is inclusive of Father (His name is not G-d), Son and Holy Spirit. These 3 are G-d. All equal, all G-d. The Holy Spirit or Jesus are not "only" anything, they are equal with the Father and all equally G-d.

Shalom Vickilynn

In what respect are you saying that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are equal with the Father?

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Shalom Vickilynn

In what respect are you saying that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are equal with the Father?

The Word of God says They are all equal. They are ONE

John 17:11

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Shalom,

Shalom Vickilynn

They are the Father. equally him. God the Father is a spirit. Jesus is the Father manifest as man and the HS is Gods comforting spirit.

Jesus is both equally God the Father and Man.

Shalom Vickilynn

The Word of God says They are all equal. They are ONE

John 17:11

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Before we get onto what it means to be ONE, I guess what I am asking is, do you see them being equal TO each other - or equal WITH each other? I perceive a difference.

Also, do you see them as equal in position, authority & purpose?

I need help with the 'one' part regarding the Greek etc. Other than that I wanna say that they cannot be equal TO each other since the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father. I know that much.

Are they equal WITH each other? What kinda question is that? It's like my brain can consume it.

Equal in position? No, because one is the Father and one is the Son. Authority? Yes, meaning the Father gave all authority to the Son. Purpose? Yes, they agree in purpose eternaly.

Before we get onto what it means to be ONE, I guess what I am asking is, do you see them being equal TO each other - or equal WITH each other? I perceive a difference.

Also, do you see them as equal in position, authority & purpose?

I need help with the 'one' part regarding the Greek etc. Other than that I wanna say that they cannot be equal TO each other since the Father is not the Son and the Son is not the Father. I know that much.

Are they equal WITH each other? What kinda question is that? It's like my brain can consume it.

Equal in position? No, because one is the Father and one is the Son. Authority? Yes, meaning the Father gave all authority to the Son. Purpose? Yes, they agree in purpose eternaly.

OK - lets look at the 'equal with' statement. I'm pleased you understand there is difference between 'equal to' and 'equal with'.

A couple of scriptures speak of Jesus being equal with God.

One of them says of Jesus, 'Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God'

Now this does not say that Jesus is God or the same as God. It says,