• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

how did I reply 3 times? silly computer.

Ok, a scenerio. My folk want me to start packing. I can't shoot anybody! I mean, for real! I just felt so wierd driving around with a 38 in my car. My mom, dad and little sister all strongly believe in self defense.

So far I've found more scriptural evidence of letting God defend me, instead of defending myself.

it did it because of lag. you hit the refresh button and it reposted.

ok on the other part, about packing. Not everyone should carry. If you feel like you cannot defend yourself, then you should not carry a gun. You must be readyand prepared to use it to kill if you carry. Otherwise the attacker might just use your own gun on you.

Everyone can defend themselves when put into that position. I myself would rather die fighting like a lion than being led to the slaughter like a sheep.

Sometimes i think the reason why people can't fight back is they don't have something in their lives worth fighting for. Not saying that about you but a observation of people i have known in the past. I saw my aunt for years take the beatings and abuse and kept going back to the (can't say the word here), yet she refused to fight back. FINALLY when the (can't say the word here) raped her mother, my grandmother 1 week after my grandfather died, (they were married for over 50 years), then she got the cahones to fight back.

IF she had had the gun in her hands at that moment, she would have killed him slowly.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Yes, you have a right to defend yourself when attacked.

The question is, how far do you take "self defense". Once defense becomes a first-strike offense situation is when it gets in a gray area.

no question about it, make sure the attacker is dead. thats how far you take it.

Dead man can't testify against you.

Shalom,

I guess you don't watch CSI. ;)

Dead men can certainly testify against you!! It's called "evidence" ! :thumbsup:

CSI is uhmm Hollywood, fantasy.... its not real! i have been in a REAL CSI lab, and no the dead men cannot testify against you. Evidence could be used, but the last i checked, the consitution gives the accused the right to face and question their accuser.

Vicki doesn't mean literally...but yes, even REAL CSI labs can get enough evidence from a dead body to create a significant testimony, especially in a situation where the killing was not very well planned and there was room for a lot of mistakes on the killer's part. I have a friend who's a CSI...it's pretty incredible the things they can find out just based on something like blood splatter.

how did I reply 3 times? silly computer.

Ok, a scenerio. My folk want me to start packing. I can't shoot anybody! I mean, for real! I just felt so wierd driving around with a 38 in my car. My mom, dad and little sister all strongly believe in self defense.

So far I've found more scriptural evidence of letting God defend me, instead of defending myself.

David used a real sling to kill real opponents...that doesn't mean He wasn't ALSO trusting God to defend him. They're not mutually exclusive.

However, if you're not comfortable carrying a gun, then don't carry one, even if your parents tell you to (you're 25...old enough to make your OWN decisions about that sort of thing). Personally, I don't think carrying a gun is the best solution. I'd rather take self defense classes and also learn how to avoid the trouble in the first place.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

The question is, how far do you take "self defense". Once defense becomes a first-strike offense situation is when it gets in a gray area.

no question about it, make sure the attacker is dead. thats how far you take it.

Are we related?? :thumbsup:

Countless men, women, and children are murdered each year for that very reason.

Really? I wonder. We call those "accidents." How to you kill somebody who is attacking you accidentally?? That is justifiable.

Or are you referring to someone getting killed defending themselves? My husband and I had an interesting discussion about this. Some of the Tech students he counseled played dead while the shooter fumbled and dropped his clips while trying to reload. Apparently it took him a while to find the fresh clips and recover his composure. What if these students had jumped the shooter while he was unarmed? I mean, he was a small person. What if people from across the hallway had burst through the doors and tackled him? Countless lives could have been saved. But, people take the position of victim. Taking that position gets you killed, or worse, maimed for life. I know because I was a victim once; never again.

Are we related?? :thumbsup:

Countless men, women, and children are murdered each year for that very reason.

Really? I wonder. We call those "accidents." How to you kill somebody who is attacking you accidentally?? That is justifiable.

Or are you referring to someone getting killed defending themselves? My husband and I had an interesting discussion about this. Some of the Tech students he counseled played dead while the shooter fumbled and dropped his clips while trying to reload. Apparently it took him a while to find the fresh clips and recover his composure. What if these students had jumped the shooter while he was unarmed? I mean, he was a small person. What if people from across the hallway had burst through the doors and tackled him? Countless lives could have been saved. But, people take the position of victim. Taking that position gets you killed, or worse, maimed for life. I know because I was a victim once; never again.

What Man means, I think, is that many people are killed every year--by organized crime members or whathaveyou--in order to keep them from testifying.

What Man means, I think, is that many people are killed every year--by organized crime members or whathaveyou--in order to keep them from testifying.

Thank you. That's exactly what I mean.

Last week 2 guys were shot and killed here in Minneapolis. The first one by accident....the second one to leave no witness. It was all caught on tape.

Last year an 11 year old girl was murdered by her parents. They drugged her and then put her in a tub of scalding water. When they finally pulled her out of the water, her skin was falling off of her body. Her father raped her when she 8 and last week the case was thrown out because there was no one to testify against him. He'll probably only get a couple of years for killing her....he said it was an accident.

I see no problem in defending ones self....but to sit here and brag about all your firepower and about how you have no problem taking a life...................it just makes me wonder.

Last week 2 guys were shot and killed here in Minneapolis. The first one by accident....the second one to leave no witness. It was all caught on tape.

Last year an 11 year old girl was murdered by her parents. They drugged her and then put her in a tub of scalding water. When they finally pulled her out of the water, her skin was falling off of her body. Her father raped her when she 8 and last week the case was thrown out because there was no one to testify against him. He'll probably only get a couple of years for killing her....he said it was an accident.

I see no problem in defending ones self....but to sit here and brag about all your firepower and about how you have no problem taking a life...................it just makes me wonder.

???? No one said anything about killing someone and calling it an accident. If i shoot an attacker, their going to be dead not wounded. that is not an accident, its a intent on making sure that individual does not get back up to carryout that attack. AND it also secures my future in that i won't have to deal with a lawsuit against me for shooting the no account since it seems criminals these days have more rights than the law abiding citizen does.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Gotta brag about somethin'! ;)

Lighten up, friend, it's a just forum; we're on the same side. :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well killing someone is very final, it impacts you and of course it ends a human life.

I have guns for hunting. But I don't keep them loaded in the home and keep the ammo separate because we have kids. For home self defense I use other means which are not lethal. This may end up being a mistake, but I honestly don't know how effective I would be with a gun killing someone in self defense at night, which would be the usual scenario at least for me.

If you are worried about self defense there are other things you can carry, tasers, knives, mace, pepper spray, a short baseball bat or club, etc.

Well killing someone is very final, it impacts you and of course it ends a human life.

I have guns for hunting. But I don't keep them loaded in the home and keep the ammo separate because we have kids. For home self defense I use other means which are not lethal. This may end up being a mistake, but I honestly don't know how effective I would be with a gun killing someone in self defense at night, which would be the usual scenario at least for me.

If you are worried about self defense there are other things you can carry, tasers, knives, mace, pepper spray, a short baseball bat or club, etc.

hmm that would be like taking a knife to a gun fight.

hmm that would be like taking a knife to a gun fight.

Depends on the situation.