• Days Won:  0

VIRGINIA TECH MASSACRE

University convocation told of Allah, not Jesus

Speakers also invoke Buddha, Dalai Lama

Posted: April 17, 2007

8:10 p.m. Eastern

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-...RTICLE_ID=55252

Guest LadyC

bush referred to scriptures. not to chapter and verse, but made a clear reference to scriptures, and talked about God. i heard it.

Guest LadyC

jaime, people will never fail to find some reason to bash bush. i heard him. he spoke of God, a loving God. he referred to scriptures. he asked that God comfort those who are grieving. did he say Jesus's name? no. but often when i'm talking about God, i don't mention the name of Jesus specifically either.

so do we have to turn this tragic massacre into a hate bush thread?

Guest LadyC

since Jesus IS God, i think there WAS a representative of Christ there. george w. bush. regardless of what many think about him, he is a professed Christian and the whole world knows it. his references to not just a god, but a loving God, and to prayer and to scriptures was unmistakable.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

Jamie, I also get very offended when Jesus is omitted from places He is clearly needed by people who's job it is to include Him. It's very sad to see the leaders of our country tippy-toeing around various false religions when our great country was founded on the Rock of Jesus Christ.

Jesus is who made this country great and this is how we repay Him, by fearing to offend non-believers and believers of false religions. I'd like to give Bush the benefit of the doubt and say he was assuming that everyone listening already knew that Jesus is God and felt it was unnecissary to have to verbalize that fact.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Just because Jesus wasn't mentioned doesn't mean he wasn't there in spirit. A Jewish rep was there as well, so God was brought into the mix. Honestly though, I think there are more important things to get our feathers ruffled over :emot-hug:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

bush referred to scriptures. not to chapter and verse, but made a clear reference to scriptures, and talked about God. i heard it.

I heard the same thing.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,194
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

since Jesus IS God, i think there WAS a representative of Christ there. george w. bush. regardless of what many think about him, he is a professed Christian and the whole world knows it. his references to not just a god, but a loving God, and to prayer and to scriptures was unmistakable.

huh????

President Bush is not a religious representative, he is a political leader and representative. It would have been far better IMO to have a Bible believing Christian give a message, using the name of Jesus Christ in his message as was done for the others. If the name allah can be represented, and the dahli lama can be referred to, then I think for the Christians VTech

who lost their friends and are grieving, this was like pouring salt on their wounds.

Again, this thread is not about President Bush as you are trying to turn it into.

If anyone is pouring salt on wounds, it is people like you making petty posts like this, focused purely on stirring up a little sectarian hatred on such an occasion. I suggest you pray yoursel ffor those who suffered in this tragedy rather than coplaining about the prayers of others. In this tragedy we saw what hate leads people to do. Christianity isn't about showing off and making public gestures, getting one up one the other side in every context

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I honestly don't think the focus or point of the article is about the president. I don't see him portrayed negativly either.

It states...

It was up to the president to deliver references to Christianity.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

I saw part of the convocation, and it seemed pretty typical of what you would hear on any college campus. Many campuses have a "chapel of all faiths." As to no reference to Jesus, that seems pretty typical to. You may refer to G-d, a Higher Power, the Great Spirit; to mention Jesus is almost taboo now. Sad.