• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/01/1908

I write these articles because of Morial(God is my Teacher)

Can you elaborate on the meaning of this statement, please?

Maybe it was a typo?

Could have meant morale, which means:

Morale

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Cite This Source

Morale (also referred to as esprit de corps) is a term for the capacity of people to maintain belief in an institution or a goal, or even in oneself and others. The term applies particularly to military personnel and to members of sports teams, but is also applicable in business and in any other organizational context, particularly in times of stress or controversy.

According to Alexander H. Leighton, "morale is the capacity of a group of people to pull together persistently and consistently in pursuit of a common purpose".

Military usage

In a military sense, there are two meanings to morale. Primarily it means the cohesion of a unit, task force, or other military group. An army with good supply lines, sound air cover and a clear objective possesses, as a whole, good morale. Historically, elite military units such as the Praetorian Guard, Napoleon's Imperial Guard, and many Special Forces or elite units like the French Foreign Legion, Green Beret, SAS, and Spetnaz, have high morale due to both their elite training and pride in their unit. When a unit's morale is depleted, it will usually crack and surrender, as was the case with Italian units in North Africa during World War II. It is well worth noting that generally speaking, most commanders do not look at the morale of specific individuals but rather the 'fighting spirit' of divisions, battallions, ships, etc as a whole.

A second military meaning of morale has to do with the morale of a nation's population. A nation that loses its will to fight often loses the war as well. This means that, quite often, morale efforts are tied to propaganda. Since at least the time of Carl von Clausewitz' On War, maintenance of morale has been considered one of the fundamental "Principles of War"; while Sir Basil Liddell Hart regarded morale even more fundamentally:

The aim of a nation in war is to subdue the enemy's will to resist,...

Sun Tzu, in his book The Art of War, also mentions morale of nations, as well as armies.

Factors affecting military morale

Despite the intangible nature of morale, improvements in material factors (such as remuneration, food and shelter) can improve the morale. However, history is filled with stories of the self-will and determination of a poorly supplied army maintaining morale to the very end, such as the Army of Northern Virginia in the American Civil War.

In the workplace

In the workplace, morale is more of an individual thing than something measured by departments. Events play a large part in morale, such as heavy layoffs, the cancellation of overtime, cancelling benefits programs, and the influence of unions. Other events can also influence workplace morale, such as sick building syndrome, low wages, and employees being mistreated.

See also

Psychological warfare

The U.S. Department of Defense defines psychological warfare (PSYWAR) as: "The planned use of propaganda and other psychological actions having the primary purpose of influencing the opinions, emotions, attitudes, and behavior of hostile foreign groups in such a way as to support the achievement of national objectives." Psychological Warfare is also known as infowars.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  33
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

'Diolectic'

An injustice can never be satisfied, in the sense that, the guilty can be punished until he ceased to be guilty, and became innocent.
It the fact that the guilty is being punished by the law that is satisfying to those in whom are the victims it does not matter that the guilty become innocent or not it is solely that the innocent recieves justice as the law is applied and carried out toward the guilty and puninshment is administered solely and it is not like you say that the guilty become innocent.
Sorry for the miss understanding, I didn't say that guilty become innocent, I said that they can not become innocent just because justice has been served & the law satisfied.

The fact remains that one broke the law.

The speeder if they pay the fine how can they be thus guilty.

As I said above, paying the penalty does not negate the fact of the cahrge. One will continue to have a fellony charge even after the penalty is payed.

As the case of the speeder there is no justice that needs to be administered as the speeder didn't hurt anyone else

The Speeder broke the Law, therefor, justice needs to be administered, no matter if any one was hurt.

This is not true as the original Spirit of the Law was that you could not speed at all period. When you exceed the speed limits you are at the mercy of the law enforcement officiers even if you are speeding due to an emergency. As it is totally at their discretion if they let you off or give you a citation as again that was not the intent of the law or else everyone could claim an emergency situation. If there was an exception for emergency it would clearly be posted to be the case along with the speed limit sign.
A police(law) could not pull an ambulance(speeder) over no matter what.

The ambulance is not at the mercy of the law enforcement officiers.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

Maybe it was a typo?

Shalom None,

We have no idea and we won't until Diolectic answers this personally.

Maybe it was a typo?

Shalom None,

Shalom Vickilynn,

This is a public forum and, if you read every topic and every post, you'll see that the majority of posts are answered

by the public, including the ones specifying a certain poster. You can put me on ignore if my replies bother you.

:th_praying:

Shalom Vickilynn,

This is a public forum and, if you read every topic and every post, you'll see that the majority of posts are answered

by the public, including the ones specifying a certain poster. You can put me on ignore if my replies bother you.

:b:

Shalom None,

What are you talking about? :th_praying:

Goodness, you have truly missed the boat on this one.

Maybe it was a typo?

Shalom None,

Shalom Vickilynn,

:th_praying:

Shalom None,

What are you talking about?

Goodness, you have truly missed the boat on this one.

Shalom Vickilynn,

let me see if I can break it down into even simpler terms.

You asked Diolectic to explain what was obviously a mistake in either spelling or a typo.

You asked him to explain.

He responded to a post, ignoring or accidently overlooking your post.

I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a typo, rather than a misspelling, sparing his feelings.

You wrote back, asking me to let him explain.

My post never prevented his explaination which is where the misunderstanding, on your part, arises.

He still has time, the boat is still at the dock.

Shalom None,

I am aghast at the ridiculousness of this. You have created this drama from the air.

Let me explain this to you and I hope you will understand it and not read into it something that is not there.

I have not misunderstood a thing, it is YOU who have created this by your reading something into my words that are not there.

I simply said this. These are my EXACT words, nothing more, nothing less:

Shalom None,

I was in fact, making a statement, which is a true statement. We will not know what he meant until he answers. We can assume and theorize all we want, but only HE can answer. That is a true statement. If you have an argument with that, I can't help you, that's the truth, there is no arguing with it.

You read something INTO it and took it personally. I never said for you to let him explain (although you should!) and I never said your reply inhibited him from replying. You simply made that up! It's not there in my words.

Instead of asking me about it, (IN PM ACCORDING TO MATTHEW 18), you wrongly assumed I had a problem with your post and you posted as if that were the truth. And you are wrong wrong wrong.

It's so sad to keep seeing this over and over - people just wrongly assume stuff and get their knickers all bunched up for nothing.

I didn't have a problem with you, but I did say truthfully, that you can't know what he meant, we must wait for him. If that offends you, I'm sorry, but it is the truth. You can't answer for him unless you know what he meant and didn't just theorize what he meant. You honestly don't know what he meant, that's the truth.

Now, if you want to continue to be offended, you certainly may, but my words were not directed at you in how you took them. Please just read the words, not some meaning INTO the words and you will see they are simple and non-offensive.

I have nothing else to say to you on this matter. You can read what you want into whatever, but it is your misunderstanding that has caused this.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

....and now for a word from our sponsor.... :th_praying:

Shalom,

And we're still waiting for Diolectic to respond to 2 requests from 2 different people to explain his statement:

(Diolectic @ Apr 22 2007, 08:22 PM) *

Shalom Vickilynn,

you are right and I am wrong.

I am utterly shamed and will find a rock to crawl under momentarily(soon as i'm done clicking the "reply" button).