IGNORED

What Are You Doing For The Betterment of Good!

Liz4JC

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  248
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/05/1946

Pray for Our Fighting Soldiers in Iraq!

re: What are you Doing for the Betterment of Good!

I know we don't get to heaven by our works only. However, I would like to know what my Worthy Brothers & Sisters are doing for others and the world we live in.

Most of you know I knit baby hats and donate them to infants all over the USA. Have made over 300 in a year's time. :thumbsup:

Maybe everyone could share one or two things that they are doing to make today's world better for our grandchildren of tomorrow. :21:

Shalom.

Liz

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Pray for Our Fighting Soldiers in Iraq!

re: What are you Doing for the Betterment of Good!

I know we don't get to heaven by our works only. However, I would like to know what my Worthy Brothers & Sisters are doing for others and the world we live in.

Most of you know I knit baby hats and donate them to infants all over the USA. Have made over 300 in a year's time. :)

Maybe everyone could share one or two things that they are doing to make today's world better for our grandchildren of tomorrow. :o

Shalom.

Liz

I minister to those who are from same walks of life that I have come from when I have the opportunity

Pray for the Peace of Jerusalem!

Okay! There has got to be others out there who are doing something, other then staying glued to Worthy forums. :thumbsup:

Feed the children & poor.

Visit the sick in hospitals.

Visit folks in prisons.

Help an elderly family fix their house.

Visit nuring homes and visit with someone who no longer has family to visit them.

Give an ear to your troubled next door neighbour.

Knit hats, scarfs and donate them.

Help at a Street peoples Cafe.

Try doing things of charity on the spur of the moment. The results are awesome!

Okay, it's your turn now!

Liz

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

I always feel kind of wierd posting the things I do.

It seems like I'm tooting my own horn.

But these are some of the things I do.

I make baby quilts for preemies at the hospital.

I am a bone marrow donor.

I am a trained disaster relief volunteer trained in water purification,ministry and clean up and recovery.

I am a plasma and platelet donor.

I write letters to the troops.

I just volunteered to start helping with militarymissions.com

If you want to help, this is a good place to start.

I volunteer making military baskets.

My mom donates her hair to locks of love who make wigs for cancer patients.

I always feel kind of wierd posting the things I do.

It seems like I'm tooting my own horn.

But these are some of the things I do.

I make baby quilts for preemies at the hospital.

I am a bone marrow donor.

I am a trained disaster relief volunteer trained in water purification,ministry and clean up and recovery.

I am a plasma and platelet donor.

I write letters to the troops.

I just volunteered to start helping with militarymissions.com

If you want to help, this is a good place to start.

I volunteer making military baskets.

My mom donates her hair to locks of love who make wigs for cancer patients.

Wow!!! Awesome!! Thank God for people like you. :emot-handshake:

Liz

This is in between owning my own landscaping business, putting a kid thru college, getting ready to be a gramma and selling porcellan dolls on the weekends.

:emot-handshake:

The baby quilts was Ayin Jades idea.

I loved it!

Guest LadyC

what do i do for the betterment of others.... well, i dunno, a little here and there, but nothing routinely.

one year my husband came home from work a few weeks before christmas. he told me about a woman who worked in the office, he'd caught her outside crying on her lunch break. he asked her what was wrong, even though he barely knew her, and she poured out her story to him. she had four sons, and her husband was injured and out of work. she was barely making $10/hour and having a hard time keeping the roof over their heads, and couldn't afford christmas.

i told my husband call her. i don't know HOW we'll do it, but we will. we'd already bought christmas presents for my girls, and were pretty much broke. while he called her, i went to get the mail. i came back in, sat on the bed while he was talking to her, and opened up a christmas card from his parents.... and a check for $200 fell out of the envelope. that woman's sons had a decent christmas that year. not extravagant, but decent.

-----

i often take the time just to stop and visit with one or two homeless people who live around here. sometimes i'll buy them a pizza. other times, if i've been out to eat for lunch, i'll take the leftovers and drive around until i find a homeless person to give it to.

-----

a friend of mine was over this afternoon. her daughter is going into middle school next year and wants to play violin in an orchestra. she said there had been one for sale at the church garage sale a couple of weeks ago, but she didn't find out about it til after it had sold for $20. they live on a pretty tight budget and can't afford to buy a new one. i got on ebay and looked up violins... and bought her one for $50. that was the same money i'd planned on buying a catalytic heater for our upcoming camping trip, and last night i just couldn't decide which one to buy so i didn't buy any. i guess it went for a better cause.

----

also this afternoon... one of our neighbors came over, horribly upset, eyes all red from crying. she'd called NV Power to try and get an extention til friday on their bill. the electric company refused, saying they couldn't extend it because it was their first bill. that's not exactly true though! they've had service with NV power for EIGHT years... but last month they transferred from a two-bedroom unit to a 3-br unit. this was the first bill at the new location, even though it was the same apartment complex. they had til 5 pm to pay it or it would be disconnected. it was fifteen minutes til 5. i told her to call the power company and get them on the phone... and i paid her bill with our debit card... then gave them enough food from our freezer that i won't eat because i've cut down on my carbs (gave her fish sticks, frozen pizzas, taquitos, all the things i can't eat anymore), and two packs of my husband's cigarettes to get her through until payday at the end of the week.

---

so basically, i just help others as i feel led by God. i don't plan it. ever.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

oh yea..I am also a blood donator ...every three months when they come to our town

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,072
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/27/1948

I just joined the Red Cross Home from Hospital Scheme. You visit people in their own homes when they come out of hospital and help in any way they need - shopping, getting prescriptions, light housework or just building up their confidence again. I'm waiting for my first accompanied visit so I can get started.

We also sponsor 2 children in the third world and help, as others have said, where we see a need and we feel led.

This is a good thread for ideas! :)