Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

I'm getting tired of people who haven't studied fascism and misrepresent it in order to make it look like America is heading that way. We're heading more toward a Communist system...but certainly not a fascist system. What he described is Communistic, not Fascist. Fascism centers on nationalism and racially based nationalism. Thus, it is literally impossible for the US to become truly Fascist unless we somehow develop a national race...which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Likewise, he creates false arguments. He says there has to be a threat...when there doesn't need to be. There is no need for this in a Fascist society. Most Fascist societies come about because of economic problems - as do most governments. Almost all revolutions and government changes are caused by economic problems, not problems with fear. Secondly, there is a threat of terrorism within the US. Does this justify the Patriot Act invading our privacy? Absolutely not, I'm against it. At the same time, this isn't an indicator of fascism...invasion of privacy can mark almost any type of government.

It's a poor argument from people who don't understand fascism.

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

:thumbsup: Ur right.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I'm getting tired of people who haven't studied fascism and misrepresent it in order to make it look like America is heading that way. We're heading more toward a Communist system...but certainly not a fascist system. What he described is Communistic, not Fascist. Fascism centers on nationalism and racially based nationalism. Thus, it is literally impossible for the US to become truly Fascist unless we somehow develop a national race...which isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Likewise, he creates false arguments. He says there has to be a threat...when there doesn't need to be. There is no need for this in a Fascist society. Most Fascist societies come about because of economic problems - as do most governments. Almost all revolutions and government changes are caused by economic problems, not problems with fear. Secondly, there is a threat of terrorism within the US. Does this justify the Patriot Act invading our privacy? Absolutely not, I'm against it. At the same time, this isn't an indicator of fascism...invasion of privacy can mark almost any type of government.

Agree with you 100% on this. Just another America-hater trying to draw support from the "Boy, I wish we didn't owe our entire livelihoods on this young upstart of a country" crowd (which explains why he put it in a British paper).

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Agree with you 100% on this. Just another America-hater trying to draw support from the "Boy, I wish we didn't owe our entire livelihoods on this young upstart of a country" crowd (which explains why he put it in a British paper).

:24: Oooooooo....lordy! When I was younger, I used to say those things! :thumbsup:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

I read the article and then called up the defense authorization act of 2007, sponsored by Senator John Warner, and proceeded to read that as well. It is almost entirely focused on military expenditures, benefits for dependents of military personnel and the effect that spent munitions have on the environment. It provides for replacing equipment, moving nuclear stockpiles, assessing the condition of old Soviet era stockpiles.........well the list goes on. It does not suspend Posse Commitatus or the Insurrection Act. It requires the government to protect the borders and enables the detention of illegal aliens. It allows the feds to mobilize the military only in the event of bioterrorism, mass casualities where the local government may no longer be functioning, or in the event cities or states are taken over by insurrectionists (Lulac?) or refuse to obey national law. (Isn't Gavin Newsome in San Francisco doing this right now?) Don't we want the government to step in if a paramilitary force seizes a city? This article takes a smattering of fact and twists it to better suit the writer's agenda. Which is an Anti-American agenda.

I'm no longer a Bush supporter but I have to say this.....if he's going to become a dictator, he'd better hurry! He has only a short time to rewrite the Constitution, enslave 300,000,000 citizens, lay waste to freedom and democracy, expand the American Empire globally and to torture all of the poor, disenfranchised terrorists at Guantanamo. I am so sick of this stuff from the FrankenLiberals; they're leaning so far left they're in danger of falling into the Pacific. Now that I think about it.......let them! :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,026
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

We're heading more toward a Communist system...but certainly not a fascist system.

This should help us rest easier. :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Is there a better source? I prefer the one the Congressional Record has about the talking points of communism.