• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

Yes it is a shift from Christianity. Either they are in a different religion or they are just mentally ill. Things like this have happened many times in other religions. They claim to have a spirtual event. You know it is not true though.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

My wife used to think she had a guardian angel. Every now and then she could see this dark figure out of the corner of her eye. Her mother called it a shadow person. This happened before she was saved and shortly after. After much studying and prayer she managed to brush off this shadow person and she hasn't seen it in a few years.

I have a feeling that these guardian angels that people like to associate with may be something more of deciever, sent to oppress true believers. :taped:

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  679
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

My wife used to think she had a guardian angel. Every now and then she could see this dark figure out of the corner of her eye. Her mother called it a shadow person. This happened before she was saved and shortly after. After much studying and prayer she managed to brush off this shadow person and she hasn't seen it in a few years.

I have a feeling that these guardian angels that people like to associate with may be something more of deciever, sent to oppress true believers. :huh:

Dear Lightheart and Gerioke,

Thank you for your reponses. It is something of a relief to know that there are other believers around who also share my misgivings re apparent sightings of angels. I often wonder whether it is just me being a little too sceptical when I question the supernatural manifestations that other believers seem to have on a regular basis. I would hate to limit the power of the Holy Spirit (in my mind, that is, for no mere mortal could limit the power of the Holy Spirit in reality) through my incredulity, but I also feel that I should stand against anything that is not of the Lord. Mind you, the leader of the church fellowship I attend has also spoken of seeing angels on a regular basis and I have to say that the Holy Spirit witnessess powerfully in me that he is a Holy Spirit filled believer, and he has the most wonderful family (8 children) all moving forward with the Lord and all the most lovely children - the love of Jesus shines from their faces. Who am I to challenge his visions of angels? For sure, the Lord opened Elijah's eyes so that he could see the angelic hosts. Perhaps he also opens the eyes of modern day believers to see angels. Maybe one just has to discern on a case by case basis and not try to make blanket rules. I admit, I do not experience the same unease when this church leader speaks of seeing angels as I do when the newly converted young man I mentioned previously speaks of his angelic visitations. I just need a little more confidence in the witness of the Holy Spirit, I think. Thank you for helping me in this.

Blessings in our Lord Jesus

Ruth