• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

If you believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, then you are not prepared, and will likely fall away. That is Satan's plan. Do you also believe in eternal security? Do not be deceived!

The coming of the lawless one is by the activity of Satan with all power and false signs and wonders, and with all wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. Therefore God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false, in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness. 2nd Thessalonians 2:9-12 ESV

I always find it ironic, that a true believer, whether they are Pre-Tribulationist, Mid-Tribulationist or Post-Tribulationists, only defend their positions of belief and never attack others for theirs, especially when it is not something that concerns or bares any reflection on the position of salvation.

I think you get the point :taped:

Peace

CJ

Good response, CJ. Although I haven't changed my stance regarding the rapture, I have, by hearing others, have had to rethink some of the circumstances that surround the instigator of the tribulation, whether the rapture/resurrection, be pre, mid or post.So I shall keep on seeking (not that the outcome will change) but I find it most interesting, and even exciting. :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  125
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Since there are at least three distinct beliefs about the end times and the tribulation, I would think that a more proper title to the thread would be "Scriptural Opinion: Post Tribulation Rapture." There are just as many scriptures pointing towards a pre-tribulation rapture. Like CJ already stated, whether you are pre-trib, mid-trib, or post-trib has no affect on your salvation.

My friends I believe in the pre-trib rapture my reasons for this are stated in the post about rapture pages 1-19. If what I was taught was correct then the questons I had to ask myself were answered in the affirmative Then I still may keep this belief in my heart, no harm no foul. So far I haven't seen anything to change my mind. Anyone on this board is most welcome to correct me, I shall listen but be prepared for more comments and questions. And may we by the Grace of God make our questions and comments to each other in the Love of God we share. We come from many walks of life and many different churches and so our thoughts are influnced by what we have been taught. Please I shall try not to make general statements or pronouncements when they may in fact not be what each of us believe. For me I see a statement that I do not agree on in a post and have a tendency to want to reply to that statement only instead of replying to the whole post. Love in Christ littlejoe

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

ewJim said:

Let us examine another passage from the book of Revelation:

Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years. Revelation 20:4-6 ESV

Events: The first resurrection (including the saints killed during the tribulation for not worshiping the Antichrist), those who are resurrected reign 1000 years with Christ, the rest of the dead rise at the end of the 1000 years, the second death (for those who were not part of the first resurrection).

Here we can see that there will be people present who were executed during the tribulation at the first resurrection (or rapture). This can only occur if the rapture occurs after the tribulation when they were killed! It is apparent that the rapture happens after the tribulation, if some of those who reign with Christ for 1000 years died during the tribulation.

I was introduced to pre-trib rapture and thought that maybe it was true. I decided to search the scripture to see what God says and the verse in Revelation that sets the timing of the first resurrection and the verse in Thessolonians that says that the rapture and first resurrection occur together showed me the truth. I really wanted to believe in pre-trib because that seems to be what most Christians believe, but I can not because of those two scriptures. Its not really debatable once you view those two scriptures.

However, I would never say that a Christian who believes in Pre-Trib rapture is not saved. I think they will be dissappointed (at some point in time), but they could be just as saved as someone who expects the rapture at the end of the tribulation. May we all come into the fullness of knowledge of Jesus Christ.