• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  06/04/1971

I do believe God moved me to this church. They are doing some great things, and I believe God is going to use me there in thier outreaches because of what God brought me out of.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:noidea:

Thanks for all the replies. What scares me though, and I've read it here many a time, that those who sit under false teaching, even if they don't know its false, won't be going to heaven. To me, that scares the heck out of me. Your thoughts on this?
:P

One

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

Two

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

Three

Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.
Hebrew 13:5

Trust

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
Ephesians 1:13

God

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.
Jude 1:24-25

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I do believe God moved me to this church. They are doing some great things, and I believe God is going to use me there in thier outreaches because of what God brought me out of.

Excellent! :noidea::P

Now you don't uproot until or unless the Lord Himself tells you...

Please don't be combative. I beg of you all. Let me ask you all this. If you are in a church, and said church believes certain things, which are totally opposite of what I've been previously taught in my former church, or I don't agrre with some of the teaching, should I leave said church? Or just take what I believe to be true and leave the rest? The church I currently attend listens to certain preachers which shall remain nameless, that many others believe are false teachers. I don't believe there is ever going to be a church in which a person agrees 100% with everything taught. I believe every church has preached something incorrect, so where does that leave a believer?

If you believe the Lord moved you to that church, then stay there until He tells you otherwise. :)

It's an old saying, but "there is no such thing as a perfect church." We're all human, and that means among other things we make mistakes -- that includes preachers, by the way. You'll find that the more time you spend in the Word in reading and meditation, the more easily the Holy Spirit will be able to show you the difference between truth and error.

Much of this comes with experience in the Christian life, and in trusting the Lord. Remember, Jesus looks at the heart. If you truly want to follow Him, He WILL make it possible!

Guest angel a

AMEN! To what FresnoJoe wrote.

i would recomend that you would ask GOD to give you wisdom and use scripture to interpret scripture. Search all things out with prayer.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

So this also has me thinking, if we are bent on being right, in some ways does it come down to pride? Sort of like "I'm right and your wrong, so there!"

In some or many cases sure it does. It also comes down to people's faith and faith in the church being shaken. It comes down to other things as well.

John the Baptist was preaching and at one point he said "I must decrease, He must increase." Now I had been saved only a short time, and had a bunch of stuff going on in my life, so what I got out of that scripture was, "I need to let go of all my junk, and replace it with Jesus." I have also read that is not what it meant. But for me at that time, thats what I got out of it, so is that wrong?

We know that John the baptist said this because his mission of preparing the way for Jesus was practicaly completed at that point. What you got out of it was not a moral wrong.

There is a difference between what 'we get out of scripture' and 'the intent of scripture'. You yourself differientiated between 'what I got out of it' and 'what it meant'. Therefore what you 'got out of it' is fine. Further 'what you got out of it' was a gain! It turned your focus to Jesus. :doh: What's wrong with that? :huh:

Thanks all who replied, you have given me alot of help! Thanks!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  705
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  11/23/1958

Our church is in a Bible reading program where we read the Bible completely in two years. We all read the same Scriptures every day and we all journal on them. It will revolutionize how we hear from God as a unified body, I believe.

Now, we are finding that when we come together, we are saying things like, "You know, the Lord has spoken to me about that very thing in Matthew 5, verse whatever..." And the other person says, "Wow! I got (this and this) from that very passage!"

It is amazing how we are all reading the same things, yet the Holy Spirit quickens us to a truth in it that is specifically for us.

We get differing messages, but NONE are wrong...ALL are valid to us!

I could read the same passage next month and get a totally different message for myself...or for someone else's need I may be ministering to that week. It's ALL truth. It's all good food! God has provided an abundant feast for us! We are to dive in and eat!

Yes I agree totally with this. I think you have to trust God, listen to what he is saying to your heart. I remember reading a passage and getting something out of it, several months later read the same passage and got a different message from it.

A lot of it depends on where you are in Christ at that time. we all develop at different times and have different needs at one time. Which can make it confusing, But back to God take everything to him in prayer and he will make things clear.

Carol R :th_praying:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bumping this up becasue I have seen some discussions on the boards latley that have disturbed me. Some of us have resorted to being rude, name calling, and general nastiness to get thier point across, because they are so sure they are 'right'. How sad for a new believer who comes here looking for answers. How sad for the abused wife who thinks she must submit to her abusive hubby. How sad the brothers and sisters in the Lord are more concerned with being prideful and right, than having a reasonable discussion. Because if God is who we say He is, won't He be able to let people know if they may be under false teaching? Or does He need us to call one another liars and heretics? We have resorted to telling people they are reading the wrong dictionaries and commentaries. It's stupid.... But I am just as guilty as others in trying to get a point across. I apologize for it too. If someone doesn't agree, or listen, then as the Bible says, Shake the dust off your feet and move on. There are many, many people coming here who are hurting and looking for love, and prayers, and help. Not finger pointing and name calling. I thank the Lord I am already a christian, because if I was a baby christian and new here, and read some of those posts, I'd run as fast as I can from here.

Edited by LynD

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

Thanks for all the replies. What scares me though, and I've read it here many a time, that those who sit under false teaching, even if they don't know its false, won't be going to heaven. To me, that scares the heck out of me. Your thoughts on this?

Dear one, You should be scared ! You should be scared enough to fighten the "SIN" right out of you. Enough to make you think twice before you repeat that sin. That's what is referred to when you hear, "The fear of God." This is what helps us align ourselves with God's Laws and want to do right and live right and be in good standings with God. Fear is good if we fear for the right reasons and learn from it. It can teach us many lessons.

Be Blessed

Cajunboy