• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/17/1945

Is the Christian community only in buildings?

Just WHERE did I even IMPLY that?? In fact, as I recall, what I said was "church is an excellent place [to join with the community of Believers]"

If you weren't implying a building, what were you implying?

And I don't believe that was only what "axey" was saying.
That's funny, because Axey seems to be in agreement with me.

Well, if you are in agreement, then it must be true!

And there are many other good verses about having fellowship other than hat you quoted, and don't forget the part about "selling all you have".
I don't deny that, never have.

Where do you find all these sayings about armies etc?
That one I made up as an ILLUSTRATION (I never presented it as though it were an example straight out of the Bibles), through use of common sense. We are still allowed to use common sense.

Sayings don't have much to do with common sense, but they do help support our argument even if it is incorrect, don't they?

Yes, we do get attacked by the enemy, but also get attacked very much by those closest to us.
That is one of the many ways the Enemy attacks us, actually. I never said people in churches were perfect and that we would never be hurt by people...but IN GENERAL, fellow Believers can help us.

And as I have stated my beliefs here, all I am receiving is attacks.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I also feel you put on an attacking tone as well with your initial post.

I am sorry that's the way you feel too.

"A good church" as opposed to a bad church, again, "the tree of the knowledge of good and evil", our idea of good and evil, differs from God's, of this I am sure.

Not if we have an idea of Good and Evil that is properly instructed by what the Bible has to say. The Bible is the Word of God, and is therefore entirely capable of showing us GOD's perspective of good and evil. We have the capacity to learn from that and to put it into action.

Having a good "idea" sounds like it comes from the the Tree of Knowledge. Yes, the bible is the Word of God. Didn't Paul say, "the letter kills, but the spirit", and Jesus said, "you search the scriptures because you think that in them you have life, but you wont come to me". All these things may serve to bring to Him when we are babes, but there comes a time, read Heb.6:1-3; when we are to move on, and this w will do if God permit vs.3. If God is not permitting, then stay where you are until He takes you on.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I'll isolate those quotes for you...

If you weren't implying a building, what were you implying?

I wasn't IMPLYING anything at all beyond what I actually wrote.

Well, if you are in agreement, then it must be true!

I don't think you quite got my meaning there. What I was saying was that Floatingaxe actually wasn't going any further with her opinion than how I explained it (despite your belief that that wasn't "only" what she was saying), because if she had, she surely would have delved more into what you were assuming she meant when she replied to my post. To put it more simply, what I was saying was "I think Floatingaxe thinks I did a good job of explaining what she meant."

Sayings don't have much to do with common sense, but they do help support our argument even if it is incorrect, don't they?

I just finished explaining to you that it wasn't a saying, it was in ILLUSTRATION. If you can show me HOW the illustration was incorrect, then go for it, but I think it was a good picture of what I was trying to say. It wasn't meant to support the point or prove that it is unequivocally true, rather, it was meant to EXPLAIN the point.

Having a good "idea" sounds like it comes from the the Tree of Knowledge. Yes, the bible is the Word of God. Didn't Paul say, "the letter kills, but the spirit", and Jesus said, "you search the scriptures because you think that in them you have life, but you wont come to me". All these things may serve to bring to Him when we are babes, but there comes a time, read Heb.6:1-3; when we are to move on, and this w will do if God permit vs.3. If God is not permitting, then stay where you are until He takes you on.

1."Having a good idea" is an saying that, in this context, means "knowing pretty well."

2. Having knowledge is not inherently wrong. While we ARE to be guided by the Holy Spirit, we are also to use our God-given brains (testing our knowledge ALWAYS against what the Bible and the Holy Spirit say).

3. You're taking that verse fragment about how "the letter kills but the Spirit gives life" (which is a part of 2 Corinthians 3:6) out of context. If you look at the next verses ("Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, fading though it was, will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious?" 2 Cor. 3:7-8), you'll see that what Paul means by "the letter" is the Law...he's not saying that gaining knowledge through the BIble is in any way wrong or misleading. What he's saying there is that the Law (written on stone) brought death, but the New Covenant (written on our hearts, by which we have the Holy Spirit) brings life.

I'm glad you're back, viajero. From your post before, I wasn't sure if you'd be returning or not. I think you had some really good things to say, and I think you are able to contribute greatly to the Worthy board.

Welcome!

Could we just get this straight? Do you go to a church building to meet with other believers at any time during the week or month? I think if you'd answer that question, it would make things a little easier. :thumbsup:

We are the Church, yes!!! And so, as you say, everywhere we go, the Church is there. Just like we don't "go to God in prayer". We cannot go someplace we're already at. But for some people, it's important that they go to the church (building) every time they can. For others, not so much. It depends on their walk with Christ, and what He wants them to do. We are not to judge others for going or not going.

It's okay, viajero, if people say things that are not an exact quote from the Bible. The implication of everything I've read on this thread so far is there. If you'd like book, chapter, and verse to go with them, I could supply it. But I don't think that's really what you're after. What, specifically, you are after, I'm not sure. But I do believe you'd like something from this board, and that's why you joined. Whatever it is, I pray you find it. Please don't give up on us. I've experienced a GREAT bunch of people here!

Peace.

Thank you Isiaha43:4.

One action causes a reaction.

As you say, "it depends on our walk with Christ". Let's first pluck the beam out of our own eye.

I am a member of the Body of Christ, and where ever I am in this life, I am always hopeful that the Death and Life of Christ is being worked in me in preparation to become his Bride.

I think I can understand something of Job when he says, 'Which doeth great things past finding out; Yea, and wonders without number. "Lo, He goeth by me and I see Him not: He passeth on also, but I perceive Him not. Behold, He taketh away, who can hinder Him? Who will say unto Him, 'What doest Thou?' . . . "

Faith is believing without seeing, without understanding. Sometimes we need to say, "I don't know where I am going, but I know the One I am following".

Give me some time to get back to you on the "going to church" question.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

What is "church" isn't it the Body of Christ. I am member of the Body of Christ. I don't choose to be a member on Saturday, Sunday or some other day. I am in the Church wherever I am, I am in it by faith. And I thank God for the way in which He has led me through the "wilderness", so that I am not dependent on christain social clubs, nice singing, endless tea and biscuits, or the need to uplift certain people as being much more than myself before God.

Like Seekeroftruth, I have lived in the Middle East, and have found that if you are standing on anything other than Christ Himself (i.e. organizations, good times, friends etc), then when the difficulties come, watch out! If God sees in your life for a "removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain", then trust Him, that He is bringing you to Himself, apart from all the superficiality that is in Christendom today.

Do I "go to church?" No, I am in His church endeavouring to be where He would have me to be for His Glory. Not my own, or anyone else's.

:emot-heartbeat:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Something is missing for me when I go to saturday fellowship meetings or Monday Bible study.

Yes I do attend but I find myself falling asleep as it were........

My calling is to Love Yeshua !

And how do I know that I Love Yeshua with more than just words?

John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."

So I need to have Yeshua's commandments and keep them, in order that I can profess that I love Him.

What are Yeshua's commandments?

Matthew 22:37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Matthew 22:38 This is the great and first commandment.

Matthew 22:39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

So to have His commandments and keep them, I need to know what these commandments are.

I find it impossible to study the Bible when everyone is in agreement....no arguments, no debates..... we all agree with each other... and then I wake up as it's time to go home.

What I have learned about Loving Yeshua, I learned from a controvertial study with a Jehovah's Witness, of all people !!!

I suddenly find myself "forced" to study scripture in depth, and find myself actually enjoying it !!

So personaly, I have my reservations about going to church, just because "I should go to church"

If I do follow Yeshua, then I will love my nieghbors including "church goers" and we will become a true spiritual body.

Blessings, in Yeshua's precious name :noidea:

:o:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug:

Something is missing for me when I go to saturday fellowship meetings or Monday Bible study.

Yes I do attend but I find myself falling asleep as it were........

My calling is to Love Yeshua !

And how do I know that I Love Yeshua with more than just words?

John 14:21 Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him."

So I need to have Yeshua's commandments and keep them, in order that I can profess that I love Him.

What are Yeshua's commandments?

Matthew 22:37 And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.

Matthew 22:38 This is the great and first commandment.

Matthew 22:39 And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself.

Matthew 22:40 On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."

So to have His commandments and keep them, I need to know what these commandments are.

I find it impossible to study the Bible when everyone is in agreement....no arguments, no debates..... we all agree with each other... and then I wake up as it's time to go home.

What I have learned about Loving Yeshua, I learned from a controvertial study with a Jehovah's Witness, of all people !!!

I suddenly find myself "forced" to study scripture in depth, and find myself actually enjoying it !!

So personaly, I have my reservations about going to church, just because "I should go to church"

If I do follow Yeshua, then I will love my nieghbors including "church goers" and we will become a true spiritual body.

Blessings, in Yeshua's precious name :huh:

:noidea::):):24:

Shalom. I have been to Israel a number of times and have many good friends there.

Edited by viajero

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

Shalom. I have been to Israel a number of times and have many good friends there.

Shalom viajero,

Looks like we have some things in common. Apart from your Israeli connections, you are about my age too.

So welcome to Worthy Boards and welcome to Israel if/when you get here again.

I've met someone in person from this board, who came for a short visit. It's a cool experience :taped:

Blessings :thumbsup:

Shalom viajero,

Looks like we have some things in common. Apart from your Israeli connections, you are about my age too.

So welcome to Worthy Boards and welcome to Israel if/when you get here again.

I've met someone in person from this board, who came for a short visit. It's a cool experience :24:

Blessings :24:

Shalom hupo,

I will be back maybe next year, I live in South Sinai and am presently in South America

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  119
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/18/1961

I will begin by stating I do attend and am a member of a local community church, I usually get to go Sundays for sermons and teaching, Wednesdays for prayer service, and Monday nights I help out by doing kitchen cleanup for the Alpha program. It has taken me most of my 46 years to get to this point though, for many of the reasons already stated above I have been in and out of a church building, tried out many differnt denominations in search of what my heart confirmed Truth, as well as a fellowship that permitted me to be a part of the Body ( sadly too many do not ). However in this new time of technological revolution there is also a real need for church online.

There is a generation that considers this their neighbourhood this is where they meet, fellowship and yes even serve and seek service Online. I personally have had more exposure and discussion of the Word of God online than offline. I have had more community prayer online than in any church. and I have witnessed of Christ's salvation more online than face to face. That does not preclude me from doing the same in my community and home church, but it does increase my heart for living in Christ to participate in both Church's in my city and online.

The greatest benefit and Glory to God in the highest was that God met me where I was at while I was there. When I felt condemned by the local church because I wasnt already free from the same sins they considered most important ( smoking, living with boyfriends) the online community shared the gospel of Christ with me and they led me to prayer for change in my life, they also admit more freely their own brokeness in sin, which made me feel more inclusion in the body of Christ. Their encouragement was truly the Spirit of Christ embodied in believers who had strength where I was weak and a willingness to consider those who where not sitting in pews.

That being said as I grew spiritually online, I became more tolerant of the 'hypocrites' and realized I was one too! Yes it's true. I was given tools straight out of scripture to be at peace with others and to look for what was good in people and encourage them to grow in Christ as well. In God's perfect timing he placed me back into a church in the community and though, yes they have less than perfect performance to my old standards I now see them as all broken too and looking for the very thing I was looking for; teaching of truth in partnership with each other and non judgemental love from one another. God Blessed me with the best of both, church in community and church online. I give Him thanks and Glory for all He has done to open my eyes to the need to belong to Him wherever I am. \o/