Fiosh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Days Won:  0

A question came up in another thread that I thought would make for interesting discussion.

How do we come to faith in Jesus Christ?.....

do we accept Christ, make a decision for Christ, is it implanted in us, do we have a sudden born again experience , or something else????

and a related question:

Is salvation an event or a process?

Anyone care to take a crack at this one?

Peace,

Fiosh

:24:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Its a choice. God knows our choice because he is not bound by time but its still our decision. Salvation is a process that can be lost and its ultimately up to boss man who will be given grace. No man can answer for the Lord and its tiring hearing people who speak for the Lord who are truly speaking for their own ambition without any solid foundation of christian teaching.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Ya know, that's a good question. Does the bible ever say we make a choice or that we're chosen, or both? Hmmmmm..........

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

You must make a conscious decision to turn away from sin and follow Jesus Christ, and His righteousness.

Following the narrow path or the broad path means an eyes open choice has been made.

Revelation 22:17

The [Holy] Spirit and the bride (the church, the true Christians) say, Come! And let him who is listening say, Come! And let everyone come who is thirsty [who is painfully conscious of his need of those things by which the soul is refreshed, supported, and strengthened]; and whoever [earnestly] desires to do it, let him come, take, appropriate, and drink the water of Life without cost.

Love Calls

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

Seeker, Seeker

And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

:th_praying:

Is Birth An Event Or A Process

Ye must be born again.
John 3:7

Thank You Father

Thank You Jesus

Thank You Holy Spirit

Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Psalms 150:1-6

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:

The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them.

Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

I made a decision to Follow Christ and in the beginning, it cost me a lot. My sister made so much fun of me for several years, but ya know what? When she thought her marriage had ended and she was in a crisis of her life, she called me crying and I was able thru the Spirit to witness to her and her husband and they both decided to follow Christ.

Today she has an awesome ministry for the Lord. I think back at how I could have reacted to the scorn and ridicule I got from her those years she was not a believer. I am glad that thru Him I was able to just love her and take all her criticisim. I have come to realize that God has His timing, and if we stay the course, He is able to turn things around for the good.

Jesus said we must count the cost of following Him. So I believe that we do make a decision to follow Him or not follow Him. There are still others in my life, both family and old friends who always make a point when they see me to ridicule or make fun of my belief. But i just keep praying that they too will one day call on His name, but thats a decision they will have to make.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

This is one of the paradoxes of the faith. Namely that no one can come to God unless He first calls them, and that people make real decisions to follow or not follow God that He holds them accountable for

Guest shiloh357
A question came up in another thread that I thought would make for interesting discussion.

How do we come to faith in Jesus Christ?.....

do we accept Christ, make a decision for Christ, is it implanted in us, do we have a sudden born again experience , or something else????

and a related question:

Anyone care to take a crack at this one?

Peace,

Fiosh

:P

Salvation is both an event AND a process. Salvation occurs in three stages: Justification, Sanctification and Glorification. The Scriptures teach that we are justified by our faith in Christ. Paul states in Romans 4 that righteousness is imputed to us by faith the same as it was imputed to Abraham. It is credited to us. Salvtion does not end there. We are saved from sin, but saved into eternal life. Eternal life begins the moment you confess Jesus as Lord and savior. Jesus, Himself is eternal life. He says in John 14:6.

The problem is that many people skip that first step. They think they are Christians because they are religious, because of their deeds, because of their particular church affiliation. A Christian, in the New Testament, is defined as a person who has been born again. No one is a Christian simply because they belong to particular fellowship or church. Salvation is the product of a conscious decision at some point in time to be born again. Belonging to the Christian "religion" is one thing. Being a true New Testament Christian having been transformed into a New Creation is something else altogether. The former places the emphasis on their organization. The latter simply lives by faith in Christ. The former will discover their faith was misplaced when they stand at the throne and hear the awful words, "Depart from me, for I never knew you." The lhatter will hear the words, "well done good and faithful servant. Enter ye now, into the joy of the Lord."

Secondly salvation is a process in that we are going through the daily process of sanctification. Salvation also includes the truth that we are being sanctified, that is, being more and more conformed into the image of Christ, which is the purpose of sanctification.

Finally one day, we who have been born again, will be resurrected fully to live in New glorified bodies. Mortality will put immortality and corruption will put on incorruption. This is final state of all whose faith is in Christ and in Christ alone.

• 2 weeks later...

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  04/20/1964

Ya know, that's a good question. Does the bible ever say we make a choice or that we're chosen, or both? Hmmmmm..........

Both. It sounds contradictory, but it is true.

THe question comes:

Are we chosen because we've made a choice...or are we chosing because we're chosen?