IGNORED

Did anyone see the debate on TV last night?

undone

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

I just gotta say, I could PRETEND I'm an atheist and still tear Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort apart in a logical debate.

Shalom CD,

And that is the point.

The Kingdom of G-d is not about logic, It is all about the Spirit and the wise men of this world are no match for G-d's wisdom!

If G-d can use a donkey, He can use any one of us that are willing to stand up for Him and speak His Word.

When proclaiming the Kingdom of God to an atheist, it does more harm than good to argue with that mindset, Vickilynn.

Shalom CD,

I don't agree. I believe G-d will make HIS Word known and proclaimed in HIS strength and power, not ours. It is not us that has the job, it is G-d. We need only be willing vessels.

It is not our words that can change a heart of an atheist or anyone, it is the Holy Spirit. If we think that it is up to US and our fine-sounding arguments, we have given ourselves a job that G-d has not given us.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I just gotta say, I could PRETEND I'm an atheist and still tear Kirk Cameron and Ray Comfort apart in a logical debate.

Shalom CD,

And that is the point.

The Kingdom of G-d is not about logic, It is all about the Spirit and the wise men of this world are no match for G-d's wisdom!

If G-d can use a donkey, He can use any one of us that are willing to stand up for Him and speak His Word.

When proclaiming the Kingdom of God to an atheist, it does more harm than good to argue with that mindset, Vickilynn.

Shalom CD,

I don't agree. I believe G-d will make HIS Word known and proclaimed in HIS strength and power, not ours. It is not us that has the job, it is G-d. We need only be willing vessels.

It is not our words that can change a heart of an atheist or anyone, it is the Holy Spirit. If we think that it is up to US and our fine-sounding arguments, we have given ourselves a job that G-d has not given us.

Did you watch the debate? Did Ray and Kirk really do a good job? Or did the Holy Spirit decide not to speak through them?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Show me in the Scriptures where there is a "gift" or "office" of Apologetics. Please.

Gift of wisdom/knowledge. That was easy. :thumbsup:

Again, just your opinion. You are spouting your opinion as fact and that is not Scriptural.

Nope. It's factual. They aren't qualified for public debate.

And again, you are not G-d and not able to tell them they are not "called" to this ministry.

Yes I can. They aren't qualified, thus it isn't their ministry (that or they're failures in their ministry).

Again, show me in the Scriptures where there is a "gift" or "office" of Apologetics.

Already did above.

Please prove that by Scripture.

Already did above.

10And the gospel must first be proclaimed to all nations. 11And when they bring you to trial and deliver you over, do not be anxious beforehand what you are to say, but say whatever is given you in that hour, for it is not you who speak, but the Holy Spirit. 12And brother will deliver brother over to death, and the father his child, and children will rise against parents and have them put to death.

Just one. There are many more.

Nope, you're wrong. There aren't many more. It's the only one you could find in your search. Likewise, it's only applicable to the apostles, not to us. Look at the context.

So, again, where is the passage that says the Holy Spirit will teach us the meaning of scripture?

The Kingdom of G-d is not about logic,

Part of it is. Either you're right or Paul is. I'll trust Paul. He says logic is involved in the defense of scripture.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  819
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

Comfort/Cameron's ministry, "The Way of the Master", is not an apologetics ministry. They have a series of training videos and materials on how to effectively share the Gospel. That would be their area of expertise if any. That is why I say I have respect for them. However, I do not turn to their ministry for apologetics resources, it wouldn't make sense to do so.

Whoever intiated this event was not interested in sealing a clear cut victory. Otherwise, they'd probably recruit some of the more notable experts in the feild. Notice it was edited. They could have leveled the playing feild through editing for all we know.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Shalom CD,

And that is the point.

Shalom CD,

Did you watch the debate? Did Ray and Kirk really do a good job? Or did the Holy Spirit decide not to speak through them?

They did a good job presenting the Gospel.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Presenting the gospel and defending the gospel are two different things.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Who is saying differently???

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

Anyone defending Cameron/Comfort as apologists. :thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

Anyone defending Cameron/Comfort as apologists. :wub:

lol...you know it's kind of funny. Many Christians on this very board cannot even defend what they believe to other believers, yet they think they're qualified to defend the gospel in ANY setting, even among very educated and articulate atheists. If people can't even follow a discussion and realize what the debate is about...how do they expect us to believe they're qualified to defend the gospel against unbelievers? :thumbsup:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Anyone defending Cameron/Comfort as apologists. :thumbsup:

Bingo. By being there, they set themselves up as apologists.