angels4u

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  0

If you read that thread you would find I no longer attend the CoC, defensive yes I was at first then I calmed down and said I wasn't going to let it bother me, but people wouldn't let it go, someone asked me if they were talking "slow" enough for me, it was called a cult, and any defense brought up was ignored because it didn't fit peoples preconceptions. Because "most" people here don't really want the truth, their minds are made up, and far be it from the truth to change them. Your right my opinion is just as good as anybody elses here, because ain't none of us Jesus. People can bring up all of their ideas with no scriptural proof or scripture taken out of context, but they are right and you are wrong, and the minute you question them, they get ugly. So I just stopped posting in the thread. I was just trying to help a4, because the site she has posted has absolutely nothing to do with the CoC. At least with me answering she's getting the truth and not somebody's biased opinion.

Wow...I'm really glad I didn't see that. Sorry you had to put up with that. That's ridiculous.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

I don't know anything about the CoC. From what I gather, there are CoC churches that are legitimate and not a cult at all...then there are those that take the CoC name and shoot off doctrine that isn't legitimate at all.

I guess it would be akin to the Southern Baptist. They are not a heretical organization. However, the Westboro Baptists ARE heretical (and not even Christian).

I didn't know there are Baptist groups who are no Christians :P

I never heard of the Westboro Baptists ?

You don't want to know about the Westboro Baptists! Baptists, on the whole, are pretty much Christian. Jesus told his disciples people would know them by their love. Love is not really a word associated with Westboro Baptist church.

:21:

Exactly.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

I don't know anything about the CoC. From what I gather, there are CoC churches that are legitimate and not a cult at all...then there are those that take the CoC name and shoot off doctrine that isn't legitimate at all.

I guess it would be akin to the Southern Baptist. They are not a heretical organization. However, the Westboro Baptists ARE heretical (and not even Christian).

But not to take a sick little girl to the doctor because it shows of lack of faith cannot be right teaching :21:

I'm not sure that is a specific CoC belief...I really don't know.

What I will say is that any group, Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, CoC, or anything else, that says not to take your child to the doctor because it shows a lack of faith is just dead wrong.

No its not.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  56
  • Topic Count:  1,664
  • Topics Per Day:  0.20
  • Content Count:  19,764
  • Content Per Day:  2.38
  • Days Won:  28

a4, there is already a thread on here started by greymousey that pretty much insults me and everything about the church I grew up in, I'm glad I don't judge everybody who's posted on it the way they have judged the CoC. To be honest the way the thread has been handled has pretty much has made me think about leaving Worthy altogether, not because I agree with everything that the CoC preaches any more but, because if the thread was about Baptist, or Methodist or one of the other groups on here, it would have been shut down already because of the ugliness. But, even some of the Mod's are getting in on the act. I guess this post will probably get deleted and I'll get my hands slapped for the above comment, but its true, and evidently opinions count for everything, so there is mine.

All I am looking for is information for my friend she has a daughter who started attending this church and wouldn't take her very sick little girl to the doctor because she said she has faith that God would heal her and going to the docter would show lack of faith :P

Are you sure it wasn't the Church of the Firstborn or something like that? I've heard those don't believe in doctors or anything. :21:

Church of Firstborn what's next?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

But not to take a sick little girl to the doctor because it shows of lack of faith cannot be right teaching :21:

I'm not sure that is a specific CoC belief...I really don't know.

What I will say is that any group, Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, CoC, or anything else, that says not to take your child to the doctor because it shows a lack of faith is just dead wrong.

No its not.

That's what I figured.

a4, there is already a thread on here started by greymousey that pretty much insults me and everything about the church I grew up in, I'm glad I don't judge everybody who's posted on it the way they have judged the CoC. To be honest the way the thread has been handled has pretty much has made me think about leaving Worthy altogether, not because I agree with everything that the CoC preaches any more but, because if the thread was about Baptist, or Methodist or one of the other groups on here, it would have been shut down already because of the ugliness. But, even some of the Mod's are getting in on the act. I guess this post will probably get deleted and I'll get my hands slapped for the above comment, but its true, and evidently opinions count for everything, so there is mine.

All I am looking for is information for my friend she has a daughter who started attending this church and wouldn't take her very sick little girl to the doctor because she said she has faith that God would heal her and going to the docter would show lack of faith :P

Are you sure it wasn't the Church of the Firstborn or something like that? I've heard those don't believe in doctors or anything. :21:

Church of Firstborn what's next?

Christ's return, I hope.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

SP, are you saying it's wrong to take your child to the doctor?

Nooooooooooooo, no way, did I type something wrong, I'll have to go back and look at what I posted, I thought I said that is NOT a belief of the CoC and I hope the girl a4 is talking about gets away from what ever nutty group she's got hooked up with that thinks that way.

Nooooooooooooo, no way, did I type something wrong, I'll have to go back and look at what I posted, I thought I said that is NOT a belief of the CoC and I hope the girl a4 is talking about gets away from what ever nutty group she's got hooked up with that thinks that way.

You know I\m starting to believe that its maybe a different church I was checking out some churches in Moncton NB and I wonder if it was the Victory church, she said they are involved with Kenneth Copeland

You know I\m starting to believe that its maybe a different church I was checking out some churches in Moncton NB and I wonder if it was the Victory church, she said they are involved with Kenneth Copeland

Ick

I have to ask my friend tomorow if she ment this church :

http://www.monctonvictorychurch.com/