traveller

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! What a great topic! I had never thought of this before and I would be very interested in hearing people's thought on this as well!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Spam is irritating about as irritating as telemarketers calling in the middle of dinner. Irritating people for Jesus does not sound like a good idea IMO.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Total agreement Lana! Could do more harm than good.

Thank you Lanaikila for your input; however, your response points our that, perhaps, I need to be more specific about the answers that I am seeking.

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

I have to ask, "How would 'I' receive something like that?"

Truth is - I wouldn't. I'd turn off. It's sensory overload. There's already so much mental and noise polution out there. Spam is the easy way out.

Sharing Christ requires effort...why not come out of our comfort zones and take the time and energy to be "living witnesses".

If you want to get someone's attention for Jesus, try  helping a stranded motorist, or mow a neighbor's lawn, or cook a meal for someone just home from the hospital...

People toss junk and trash spam but they take notice of a smile, an act of grace, a show of kindness ...

We've gotten so lazy in our society -  instead of coming out of our comfort zones and being living witnesses we want an easy way reel 'em in.

Jesus never took the "easy way" out  for us... He left HIS comfort zone in heaven and abandoned His glory in heaven to humble Himself as an infant and to live among  poor, simple villagers in Nazareth. He spent a lifetime ministering to his flock then suffered a torturous death to spare us the pain and shame of our own failures.  

Jesus invested heavily in our welfare; shouldn't we do the same for others?

People don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

wwatch - there is a sort of cyberspace spam actually. I receive tons of e-mail daily with religious stories/articles/websites  attached. These usually go out to someone's entire adress books. I seldom read them, though I do read them from certain people. And I pass along some of the better ones, to both saved and unsaved friends.  Wouldn't this qualify for spam?

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

Traveller -

You know I value your opinion...I don't think what you are describing is "spam" per se ....

You send items of interest to friends... Relationship matters...     :thumb:

Oh - well -

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,399
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1

Hello All

I have received Christian spam from two different sources I replied to them and now get it regularly from them. But every day I have to go through my email account and delete between 60 and 40 messages most of them are degenerate smut  :angry: I always look at the subject and if it is not clearly from someone I know, from one of the forums I visit I play it safe and just delete it. With emails every thing is guilty until proven innocent.

On more than one occasion I have inadvertently deleted genuine emails from good intentioned senders, So sorry if you have sent me an email and received no reply I probably never read it. If anyone wants to talk to me via email make sure you make it clear in the subject box where your coming from, Just put in something like "WORTHY". If you just put in "hello" or "greetings" it will be deleted without a moments thought.

Oh and about there not being much Christian spam? My suspicious conspiratorial mind tells me that the ISPs do have good spam blocking technology but it is probably set up to block Christian spam. LOL

All Praise The Ancient Of Days