• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

There is much to be learned from Revelation 3:14-22

verse 14--we find that it is Christ Jesus Himself the one doing the speaking as He was the faithful and true witness the beginning of the creation of God as Christ is the Word.

verse 15--we see that the works of the Laodicea church were known to our Lord Jesus Christ. For the things that this church did was not hid from our Lord as it was known that this church had fell into a state of being lukewarm. For they were neither stone cold towards God altogether and neither were they piping hot towards God as they were neither. It sounds like they got to a point where they were just drifting along without any fervor at all either way towards the Lord. As God says that He would prefer it if they were cold or hot to be one way or the other towards Him than to be neither way at all. We as individuals can get in this place and we must be careful to keep oil in our lamps and stay burning because apathy is a very bad thing to get stuck in.

verse 16--The Lord told these Laodicea believers that because they were neither hot or cold but lukewarm instead that He would spew them out of His mouth. Now there are alot of ways to look at this. One is the believers who become complacent is not a good thing as they can't be used by God in that place. Those that have apathy in their hearts have no feelings within towards God so God can't use them. Maybe this complancency had stopped these believers from training up other disciples in the Lord as the church was suppose to be doing who knows? The word talks about the Love of many would wax cold in the last days. I really don't know.

But I had a thought that I have been meditating upon for sometime in regards to being spewed out of His mouth as I seem to think it goes deeper than what AK said of just God getting sick. But this is just personal thoughts you can take them or leave them.

But my thoughts were what if God just took us out of His speech. What if entire churches were put out of His words not to be mentioned again not to be pronounced in His blessings any more to be totally left out that isn't a good thought is it? For it is God who will say enter into the joys of the Lord one day but if believers were spewed out they would never hear those words. Either way the scripture is plain that they will be spewed out or hurled out.

verse 17--The reason which is the original question of the OP or at least one of them and the reason why they were going to get spewed out of God's mouth for being lukewarm was because they said these things about themselves I am rich, and increased with goods and have need of nothing These believers thought they were somewhere when they really wasn't at that spiritual plateau but they were lukewarm thinking they was rich as they had a lot of goods and were saying in there hearts we don't have need of anything. Basically they had goods layed up for many years as they had sit back and was taking their ease but had stopped looking to the next life after this one was gone they had layed up their treasures down here where moth and rust doth corrupt and not in heaven. They had got to a place of serving mammon, money or their goods.

But the Lord said to them that they didn't even know that they had become wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked before Him. This is such a bad thing when we get to a state where we ourselves do not even see that we have become wretched within our sins apart from God seperated and have no real wealth layed up in heaven or in God at all and the whole time we think we see and we really don't see at all but are blind and our nakedness of soul is open for God to see us and we can't hide from His eyes. The story of the rich man who had much goods thought to tear down his barn and build a bigger barn so he could store his goods in and he did and the Lord came and said to him thou fool for this night thy soul shall be required of thee for thou hast layed up treasure in earth and have not layed up treasure in heaven. What is down here will all pass away for it behooves us to lay up on the other side and not trust in wealth down here as it cannot sustain us when this life is over.

verse 18--The Lord gives these in this church counsel right directly from the throne room of heaven what they should do to get out of this state they had found themselves in being lukewarm. And the Lord said to them I want you to buy of me gold tried in the fire so that you could be really rich and you will have pure raiment and not be naked before me as the shame of your nakedness or being exposed before me will be covered and not appear before me. And I want you to get some eyeslave and anoint your eyes with it so that you'll be able to see again and no longer be blind.

It is our faith that comes out more precious than gold when it is tried in the fire it is our faith in God that is worth more than this world holds in wealth alone it is our faith that will take us home to see the streets of gold to see our Saviour sitting on the throne it's our faith that will take us to a land where there is no sorrow heartache or pain. It is our faith in God that makes us rich without having this world's wealth. It is our faith that clothes us in God. Sometimes it may be that we need to step back and take another look and maybe anoint our own eyes so that we can see clearly and not become blind. At least be able to pray search our hearts oh God.

verse 19--For it is apparrent that the Lord loved these believers at this church because He lets them know that those He loves He corrects and tries to get back in line on the right path when they vere off and that is what the Lord has done to the believers in the church He brought correction to them and showed them up front what it was that they were doing wrong and that was they was trusting in their riches and the Lord tells them further to be zealous once again and repent of their wrong doings........verse 20--because it was He Himself who was standing at each of their hearts door knocking at that very hour calling them to repentance wanting them to open their hearts door to His call so that He could come in and be in the midst of them having fellowship one with another........

verse 21--A promise was given to all those that would overcome that they themselves would one day sit with Jesus Himself in His throne and Jesus gave Himself as an example of overcoming speaking I believe in His ressurrection as the last enemy to be defeated is death. That is a glorious promise to one day sit with Jesus Himself in His throne.

verse 22--Then there is always the cry of the Spirit pleading for those in this situation in their lives to open up their stopped ears and hear what God is saying to us and to not turn a deaf ear any longer for this message to the Laodicea church is most urgent for those that serve mamman (money) instead of God.

OC

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  120
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I am sorry. I really did not mean to start a war. Can someone move my post #27 to "having a problem" and maybe it can be addressed better there. I really am looking for understanding, and not fighting. As for the post that was written by apothos or whoever he is, I didn't even read it. I am confused enough. I just want simple answers. I don't even know what the word exegetisis is?????? In my opinion, someone is being legalistic and "showing" their stuff. I don't need that. I need real people to help me really understand. Please forget that you know everything there is to know about the Bible and then some, and help me understand God. My image of Him is so torn. I am looking for an answer, or maybe even a friend. I am not the only one who is hurting. There are others out here, yes, that are Christian, that are struggling like me. I think I got off on the wrong subject, and should have posted this in another forum.

Thank you for the one who stood up for me. And no thank you to the one who wrote his own little "post."

And thank you to everyone else. OC, you really do know a lot about the Bible. I am thriving on every word that has helped me, from everyone.

Thank you so much.

Rachel72

Dear Sister Rachel

Consider.....

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

And hereby we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before him.

For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.

Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.

And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.

And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

And he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth in him, and he in him. And hereby we know that he abideth in us, by the Spirit which he hath given us.

1 John 3:18-24

Dear Sister know you are a warrior in combat.......

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12

Sis I think that old serpent maybe whispering lies into your ear.

Does your Dear Lord Jesus Christ have a few surprises in store for The Devil or what!

Hallelujah!

Snake Talk

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
Revelation 12:10

Love Talk

The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
Jeremiah 31:3

Rachel Princess Warrior of The KING - Beloved Of The Lord - Believe Jesus - He Is Worthy

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Jude 1:24-25

Love, Your Brother Joe