• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  10
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/18/1948

:thumbsup:

As a pastor I must be in touch with what God is saying or the people will not hear I encorage my members to chck the Bible for everything I say and do . I do not want to be exalted or lifted up salvation comes from Jesus not a pastor .Dont be pastoed saved only Jesus

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Here is a passage that speaks to this:

Obey your leaders and submit to them, for they keep watch over your souls as those who will give an account, so that they can do this with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you. (Hebrews 13:17 HCSB)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,931
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  07/13/1955

The idea of separate laity and clergy supposedly came out of Laodicea, or so I have read. Whether that is true or not, I can't say, but it certainly seems like it might be correct. That said, many of us have seen the situation arise where leaders are adored and idolized in the Church, from the Pope, to Hal Lindsey, Tim Lahaye, Jerry Falwell, Kenneth Hagin, Kenneth Copeland, Oral Roberts and so forth and so on. The church 'leadership' is beginning to remind me of the Jewish elders of Jesus' time in that respect.

I recently tried the senior pastor of a particular church locally regarding the use of some of their property. I called, I got an answering machine, I left messages, I got no replies, Whenever I DID reach a person, it was always his secretary, who told me she would leave messages. It was obvious that she didn't because my calls were never returned. FINALLY, I managed to reach this man, and when I did, I got very non-committal answers to my questions. He told me that he would consult with the people in his church who insured the property I wanted to use and get right back to me ASAP. That was almost six months ago. This man's integrity is sorely lacking. If you say you're going to do something: DO IT. It took me close to two months JUST TO REACH THIS MAN. That is not counting close to another month I spent trying to get through to him. It truly is disgusting that he couldn't give me a straight answer and acted as though my request was unimportant. I wonder what he's like to reach for his congregation.