IGNORED

The Way of the Master - Biblical School of Evangelism

Guest Blood-Washed

Guest Blood-Washed

Yesterday I came across the link to the Biblical School of Evangelism which is part of Way of the Master (Kirk Cameron & Ray Comfort). It looks very good and I am really keen on enrolling, but I have learned to ask around first to get feedback from people on these kind of things.

Is anyone here familiar with this School/Course? And can you give me any feedback on how it's been for you?

PS: If there is any objection to this School I would also like to hear from you too, because I don't want to be misled in any way - but from what I've seen on television, watching the Way of the Master, it looks like it can be a wonderful tool.

Any feedback please.

The link if you're not familiar is:

http://www.livingwaters.com

Shalom

:noidea:

Yesterday I came across the link to the Biblical School of Evangelism which is part of Way of the Master (Kirk Cameron & Ray Comfort). It looks very good and I am really keen on enrolling, but I have learned to ask around first to get feedback from people on these kind of things.

Is anyone here familiar with this School/Course? And can you give me any feedback on how it's been for you?

PS: If there is any objection to this School I would also like to hear from you too, because I don't want to be misled in any way - but from what I've seen on television, watching the Way of the Master, it looks like it can be a wonderful tool.

Any feedback please.

The link if you're not familiar is:

http://www.livingwaters.com

Shalom

:)

I know some of the people associated with this organization. I'm sure they mean well but their way of doing things just doesn't sit right with me. They're too pushy and arrogant.

It could just be me...I don't know....but I'll have nothing to do with them.

Do an internet search. Look for the good and bad.

Some people think they're great.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

It may be Ray Comfort's accent that may come across as arrogant. They don't defend the Gospel, rather they release it.

I think it was Charles Spurgeon who said: "The Gospel is like a caged lion; it needs no defense. It just needs to be let lose."

And I believe that is exactly what they do.

I haven't enrolled in any of the courses, but I surely have watched numerous episodes of The Way of the Master on TBN.

Some people I've talked to says they don't like the way Kirk and Ray evangelize, because it works repentance through guilt.

I believe the opposite. I believe their intention is to work repentance through the fear of God. Go to www.wayofthemaster.com and watch the one2one video clips and deside for yourself.

I bought some of their gospel tracts and find it quite effective.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

I have taken their course and I love it. It is the biblical approach to evangelism. By all means, sign up! You will not regret it...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

In terms of differing styles, or approaches to telling people about Jesus one needs to take into account their own personality as well as that of the person they are trying to reach. Some approaches work better with certain people and not others

In terms of differing styles, or approaches to telling people about Jesus one needs to take into account their own personality as well as that of the person they are trying to reach. Some approaches work better with certain people and not others

True however, if you are just preaching, "Come to Jesus and He will take all your problems away." and you don't explain what sin is or anything whatsoever, then it is a ailed attempt. I was one that I was told that. I heard about my "sins" but I didn't know what sin was. And then when I said that "little prayer" to get saved, and problems were still in my life, I hated God for a long time for all that. So, I am all for using the ten commandments to show our need for a savior. After all over and over again, the Bible talks about how the law is to show how exceedingly sinful we are and it is to show us our need for a Savior. God never gave us the Ten Commandments, expecting us to live up to each and everyone. He gave them to us to show us that we CAN'T live up to them and only Jesus could.

However, Some people I have encountered, all i did was share my testimony and incorporate the Gospel into my testimony with them and that worked just fine. This is what I go by, Let the Spirit lead you. Don't just follow a formula and that goes for ANY method of evangelism including living waters, Roman's Road, etc...

• Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

True however, if you are just preaching, "Come to Jesus and He will take all your problems away." and you don't explain what sin is or anything whatsoever, then it is a ailed attempt. I was one that I was told that. I heard about my "sins" but I didn't know what sin was. And then when I said that "little prayer" to get saved, and problems were still in my life, I hated God for a long time for all that. So, I am all for using the ten commandments to show our need for a savior. After all over and over again, the Bible talks about how the law is to show how exceedingly sinful we are and it is to show us our need for a Savior. God never gave us the Ten Commandments, expecting us to live up to each and everyone. He gave them to us to show us that we CAN'T live up to them and only Jesus could.

However, Some people I have encountered, all i did was share my testimony and incorporate the Gospel into my testimony with them and that worked just fine. This is what I go by, Let the Spirit lead you. Don't just follow a formula and that goes for ANY method of evangelism including living waters, Roman's Road, etc...

I agree. For the gospel to be effective, all of the info needs to be shares. I was speaking more of style than of content.

I agree. For the gospel to be effective, all of the info needs to be shares. I was speaking more of style than of content.

Cool..thanks for clarifying....Yes, I think as far as style goes, let the Spirit lead you. because some people are different and have different needs....

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Many from our church took the online course and they loved it, and had great success with it. A delegation of us also went to Ottawa and took in their weekend seminars and accompanied Kirk and Ray to the main square and observed them in action as well as participated. It was phenomenal! I do recommend their online evangelism school.

It was an excellent exposure and an excellent teaching to assist us in overcoming objections and fear. It was good for us, and it lit a fire under us for more personal evangelism, which was needed to keep us in line with our vision for our church--to win our city for Christ.

Since then we had William Fay in to do a weekend of seminars and his book, "Share Jesus Without Fear" is an even better "tool" for personal evangelism. The premise is that the person you are wanting to introduce to the Saviour is actually the one who does all the talking! It's great! You can check William Fay out online:

http://www.sharejesuswithoutfear.com/templ...&PID=139110

Many from our church took the online course and they loved it, and had great success with it. A delegation of us also went to Ottawa and took in their weekend seminars and accompanied Kirk and Ray to the main square and observed them in action as well as participated. It was phenomenal! I do recommend their online evangelism school.

It was an excellent exposure and an excellent teaching to assist us in overcoming objections and fear. It was good for us, and it lit a fire under us for more personal evangelism, which was needed to keep us in line with our vision for our church--to win our city for Christ.

Since then we had William Fay in to do a weekend of seminars and his book, "Share Jesus Without Fear" is an even better "tool" for personal evangelism. The premise is that the person you are wanting to introduce to the Saviour is actually the one who does all the talking! It's great! You can check William Fay out online:

http://www.sharejesuswithoutfear.com/templ...&PID=139110

Looks interesting...will have to check out some of his products